Posted to rec.audio.misc
rishil rishil is offline

Default How to capture a Live Internet audio stream ?

I seem to recall that I've read about some applications for both Mac
and Windows that let you capture a streaming audio source to a file so
you can listen to it later, slice it up, mail an excerpt to your
parents, whatever. Anyone have a clue what kind of software does this,
and perhaps a few pointers to specific applications I could download?
I managed to get my answers here..
http://askwiki.blogspot.com/2006/09/...net-audio.html

Good Day !!

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Mark D. Zacharias Mark D. Zacharias is offline

rishil wrote:
I seem to recall that I've read about some applications for both Mac
and Windows that let you capture a streaming audio source to a file so
you can listen to it later, slice it up, mail an excerpt to your
parents, whatever. Anyone have a clue what kind of software does this,
and perhaps a few pointers to specific applications I could download?
I managed to get my answers here..
http://askwiki.blogspot.com/2006/09/...net-audio.html

Good Day !!

Total Recorder can capture the stream and record it to an MP3 or WAV file of
your specification, but I think you'd have to edit using another
application. It does offer a timer recording feature, which you might find
useful. Also, when recording an internet stream, if the stream stops, the
recording pauses until the stream starts again.

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.misc
xxxxxx xxxxxx is offline

if you have winamp (i use pro version)
use the streamgrabber plug in

i actaully keeps the stream tags
so i records EACH SONG only
total recorder only records by time and does
not keep artist track info

LD P nw okla tornado alley

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
rishil wrote:
I seem to recall that I've read about some applications for both Mac
and Windows that let you capture a streaming audio source to a file so
you can listen to it later, slice it up, mail an excerpt to your
parents, whatever. Anyone have a clue what kind of software does this,
and perhaps a few pointers to specific applications I could download?
I managed to get my answers here..
http://askwiki.blogspot.com/2006/09/...net-audio.html

Good Day !!

Total Recorder can capture the stream and record it to an MP3 or WAV file
of your specification, but I think you'd have to edit using another
application. It does offer a timer recording feature, which you might find
useful. Also, when recording an internet stream, if the stream stops, the
recording pauses until the stream starts again.

Mark Z.

How can I capture Internet radio broadcasts on MP3? Bob Boudewyns General 2 January 10th 08 08:49 PM
Yes you can now capture a Live Internet audio stream.. [email protected] Pro Audio 16 November 21st 06 11:17 AM
Record "LIVE" over the internet!! NashvilleSession Pro Audio 0 March 11th 05 01:53 AM
Internet Stream Audio Jerry Avins Tech 0 January 5th 04 01:03 PM
Internet Stream Audio [Was Bit-resolution decrease for internet] Radium Tech 96 December 26th 03 10:31 AM