Posted to rec.audio.misc
tomas tomas is offline

Default Something to add if folks against File-Sharing

Not one song that I have from Napster, etc. did not at one time play on
the Radio - using the airwaves that belong to all people. I believe it
is wrong to try and keep people from sharing what has already been shared
using the Radiowaves that belongs to me. It puts me in the mind of Major
League Baseball telling Radio Stations they cannot stream their audio on
the Net - but MLB can. Probably it is a good income for local Radio
Stations, so they just fib a bit.

But I can record anything off-air. I have a TV-Card with an FM-Tuner and
a lot of songs were captured that way I shared using Napster. I never
once shared a song that was not once played on the radio. And I tried to
never not accept songs that had not been played on the radio.

I am not scared of the RIAA - they have been defeated in Court. Prove my
songs were not songs captured off-air when I have a TV-Card with FM
capture. Sorry.

Any event - just a rant - if folks would think about the conversion based
on earlier post - would love it.

thanks
digital digital is offline
Junior Member

Dude,

You don't need to worry about 'stealing' music off the Net'! I have a really cool site that I built to showcase band and record company supplied links to 'free' music: no fuss, no RIAA, no BS!

Check out the completely advertisement / popup / pop-under / spyware / ad-ware-free site:

www.cdnav.com

...and click on the 'Free & Legal' link. I'm sure that I have a long way to go in covering the wide variety of genera’s out there - the site has only been up for five or so months. If anyone reading this wants to help, just shoot me an email (use the site's link 'Contact Us'), and show me any free / legitimate links to band / record company posted links that you are aware of - I'll add them to the list.

Tnx.

Andrew D.
www.cdnav.com
Posted to rec.audio.misc
tomas tomas is offline

digital wrote in
:

[...]

Sounds OK - the reply is slick however, and just wondering if real. Cool
reply if not - but OK for the links.

cya
Posted to rec.audio.misc
Lee Lee is offline