Buster Mudd

Default CD changer that will play MP3 discs?

Just about every DVD player I've seen will also play CD-R's full of MP3
files, but does anyone know of a reputable CD changer that has this
ability? Someone told me about an RCA model, was hoping for something
slightly more upscale. Thanks.
Harry Lavo

"Buster Mudd" wrote in message
Just about every DVD player I've seen will also play CD-R's full of MP3
files, but does anyone know of a reputable CD changer that has this
ability? Someone told me about an RCA model, was hoping for something
slightly more upscale. Thanks.

Unless they are specifically rated for CD-Data, no. Very few ever have
been.

On the other hand, all Sony's ES line DVD/SACD changers, the Yamaha
Universal changer, and the Onkyo Universal changer all should handle it, and
they are decent SACD/CD players as well. And if you are unhappy with the
Sony's sound there are plenty of modder's around who can upgrade the clock,
caps, opamps, and power supplies for you.

Steven Sullivan

Buster Mudd wrote:
Just about every DVD player I've seen will also play CD-R's full of MP3
files, but does anyone know of a reputable CD changer that has this
ability? Someone told me about an RCA model, was hoping for something
slightly more upscale. Thanks.

How many CDs do you want to change? Denon makes a 5-disc changer that
can read discs of MP3s. The Sony CDP-CX455 can play 400 of them.

--

-S
If you're a nut and knock on enough doors, eventually someone will open one,
Buster Mudd

Actually, I've since found the Integra CDC-3.4 will play CD-R/RW with
MP3's