William Sommerwerck

Default Seeking a portable digital stereo recorder

And, since many of us here run our own businesses, many in markets that have
few to none high end clients, we have to choose whether to do work based on
what the client is willing to pay. And, to choose our tools accordingly. I
wish we all were in the position to turn away all the jobs that don't meet
our highest ideals, as you seem to be.

I don't understand. You don't buy a new recorder for each client, do you?
Furthermore, the cost of equipment is amortized over period of years.

If I'm using a $3000 recorder instead of a $1000 recorder, how much effect is
that going to have on the cost of any given recording assignment?

In comparing a "big" recording company or studio with a "small" one, I'd expect
the small one to have less equipment and fewer facilities -- but not of
significantly lower quality than those of the big one.

Len Moskowitz

Mark pnorthswallowr_atyahoodotcom wrote:

My old Philips portable DAT is on its last legs. I'd really like to
replace it with something with no moving parts. Are there any
portable stereo decks with mic inputs for under $500? I just need
something better than analog cassette for amateur portable field work.

If you can stretch your budget to a bit under $1000 and want to do 24/96
instead of 16/44.1 or 16/48, you might have a look at our PDAudio
system.

We'll post a comparison of PDAudio to the Marantz PMD670 and Fostex FR-2
to our Web site over the next few days.

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912
Len Moskowitz

I wrote:

If you can stretch your budget to a bit under $1000 and want to do 24/96
instead of 16/44.1 or 16/48, you might have a look at our PDAudio
system.

We'll post a comparison of PDAudio to the Marantz PMD670 and Fostex FR-2
to our Web site over the next few days.

Bruce Bartlett's PDAudio review is in the latest Pro Audio Review.

Thanks Bruce!

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912