MINe 109

Default Spin and more Spin

Go vote early and stop with the political posts.

Ob audio: Anyone heard the Kinks' Village Green special edition?

Stephen
Bruce J. Richman

Stephen wrote:

Go vote early and stop with the political posts.

Or as some Republican voting officials might say to their soulmates, vote early
and often.

Ob audio: Anyone heard the Kinks' Village Green special edition?

Stephen

Bruce J. Richman

Michael McKelvy

"MINe 109" wrote in message
Go vote early and stop with the political posts.

Ob audio: Anyone heard the Kinks' Village Green special edition?

Stephen

Funny, I don't see you asking anyone else to stop.

I presented a chance for people to get input on both candidates and their
relative honesty.

You don't have to read them.

Michael McKelvy

"MINe 109" wrote in message
Go vote early and stop with the political posts.

In this month I've done 7 others have a combine total of 17.

MINe 109

In article . net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
Go vote early and stop with the political posts.

In this month I've done 7 others have a combine total of 17.

I'm asking *you*. Since many of the others are inspired by your example
or the desire to show you an opposing view, I consider you somewhat
responsible for them.

Ob audio: took a chance on an old ELP cd. Were the early masterings
decent?

Stephen

MINe 109

In article .net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
Go vote early and stop with the political posts.

Ob audio: Anyone heard the Kinks' Village Green special edition?

Funny, I don't see you asking anyone else to stop.

I presented a chance for people to get input on both candidates and their
relative honesty.

No, you've presented a highly partisan pro-Bush perspective heavily
informed by rightwing talk radio and RNC talking points.

You don't have to read them.

It took you two posts to come up with this?

Ob audio: enjoying an Amboy Dukes collection from Sony Legacy. Pretty
heavy for a psychedelic band...
Schizoid Man

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message

John Kerry and George Bush seem determined to make the last weeks of the
campaign a compilation of factual contradictions and "greatest hits" of

spin
from the past year.

Spin and differences aside, I think this election has shown some truely
remarkable trends. None more so than Hawaii and New Jersey emerging as swing
states.

I read somewhere that the Reps are giving up on Washington and Oregon and
the Dems are pulling their ads in Nevada.

I also saw a poll on CNN Headline News last night that Kerry is leading by
2-3 points in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida. If Bush loses these three, can
he, under any circumstances, become president?

MINe 109

In article z,
The Devil wrote:

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:22:04 GMT, MINe 109
wrote:

Ob audio: took a chance on an old ELP cd. Were the early masterings
decent?

I have an almost-match in ELO. They sound great! Still probably my
favourite band of all time. :-)

ELO collections! I wanna know more, because I don't have one.

A quick look at Amazon brings up:

Strange Magic: The Best of Electric Light Orchestra

Essential Electric Light Orchestra

Afterglow box

Flashback box

I have a pre-existing bias against Ole ELO and Greatest Hits.

Stephen
MINe 109

In article z,
The Devil wrote:

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:25:35 GMT, MINe 109
wrote:

Ob audio: enjoying an Amboy Dukes collection from Sony Legacy. Pretty
heavy for a psychedelic band...

Ob audio: Another pair of 57s on the way tomorrow. He-he. Soon I'll be
able to build that mother****ing house out of them.

Stereophile has a review of a Townshend supertweeter. Art Dudley thought
it improved 57s, but not necessarily 989s.

Let's see what Mr. Google can add to the conversation:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Iss...pertweeter.htm

http://www.townshendaudio.com/

It's like a subwoofer for the high end! :-)

Stephen
Sander deWaal

The Devil said:

Ob audio: enjoying an Amboy Dukes collection from Sony Legacy. Pretty
heavy for a psychedelic band...

Ob audio: Another pair of 57s on the way tomorrow. He-he. Soon I'll be
able to build that mother****ing house out of them.

Ob audio: I built a Faraday cage around my Circlotron prototypes to
avoid interference from 'borgs and their offensive pink noise
generators.
So far, the scope says it should sound good. My cats concur.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "

Sander deWaal

MINe 109 said:

Ob audio: took a chance on an old ELP cd. Were the early masterings
decent?

Ob audio:

Dr. Bose and mr. Klipsch are walking opposite sides of the street.
Klipsch puts his hands around his mouth, turns to Bose and yells:
" Hey Bose, you still making those speakers? "
Bose puts his scarf in his mouth, turns his head away and mutters:
" Yep."

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
MINe 109

Sander deWaal wrote:

MINe 109 said:

Ob audio: took a chance on an old ELP cd. Were the early masterings
decent?

Ob audio:

Dr. Bose and mr. Klipsch are walking opposite sides of the street.
Klipsch puts his hands around his mouth, turns to Bose and yells:
" Hey Bose, you still making those speakers? "
Bose puts his scarf in his mouth, turns his head away and mutters:
" Yep."

:-)

So long as no ports were stuffed or unstuffed or lines transmitted.

Stephen
Michael McKelvy

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message
Stephen wrote:

Go vote early and stop with the political posts.

Or as some Republican voting officials might say to their soulmates, vote
early
and often.

You must be thiking of former Chicago Mayor Daly who had dead people vote
for JFK.

Michael McKelvy

"MINe 109" wrote in message
In article .net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
Go vote early and stop with the political posts.

Ob audio: Anyone heard the Kinks' Village Green special edition?

Funny, I don't see you asking anyone else to stop.

I presented a chance for people to get input on both candidates and their
relative honesty.

No, you've presented a highly partisan pro-Bush perspective heavily
informed by rightwing talk radio and RNC talking points.

You obviously didn't read it all then, either that or you're just lying.

You don't have to read them.

It took you two posts to come up with this?

I had an after thought, so sue me.

Michael McKelvy

"The Devil" wrote in message
news:mapvn0hgh80idgicb56rliv8jndjh1hg8t@rdmzrnewst xt.nz...
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:11:51 GMT, "Michael McKelvy"
wrote:

In this month I've done 7 others have a combine total of 17.

That's very good, Mikey. Clever boy. Almost intelligible that time.
Now, which hole does the square brick go through? Remember, squares
have four sides, like your head, so try to think about where you'd
really like to put your head, except up your asshole.

I won't resort to your method of keeping track of your head by keeping up
your ass.

Michael McKelvy

"MINe 109" wrote in message
In article . net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
Go vote early and stop with the political posts.

In this month I've done 7 others have a combine total of 17.

I'm asking *you*. Since many of the others are inspired by your example
or the desire to show you an opposing view, I consider you somewhat
responsible for them.

Utter bull**** as usual.

Lionel doesn't need me for inspiration, no does Clamnebula, Geosync,
Schizoidman, Annika, or Art.

MINe 109

In article .net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
In article . net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
Go vote early and stop with the political posts.

In this month I've done 7 others have a combine total of 17.

I'm asking *you*. Since many of the others are inspired by your example
or the desire to show you an opposing view, I consider you somewhat
responsible for them.

Utter bull**** as usual.

You talking to me?

Lionel doesn't need me for inspiration, no does Clamnebula, Geosync,
Schizoidman, Annika, or Art.

Good company you've got there. Think about it.
MINe 109

MINe 109 wrote:

In article .net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
In article . net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
Go vote early and stop with the political posts.

In this month I've done 7 others have a combine total of 17.

I'm asking *you*. Since many of the others are inspired by your example
or the desire to show you an opposing view, I consider you somewhat
responsible for them.

Utter bull**** as usual.

You talking to me?

Lionel doesn't need me for inspiration, no does Clamnebula, Geosync,
Schizoidman, Annika, or Art.

Good company you've got there. Think about it.

Of course, I agree with Schiz's politics.

Stephen
Lionel

Michael McKelvy wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
In article . net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
Go vote early and stop with the political posts.

In this month I've done 7 others have a combine total of 17.

I'm asking *you*. Since many of the others are inspired by your example
or the desire to show you an opposing view, I consider you somewhat
responsible for them.

Utter bull**** as usual.

Lionel doesn't need me for inspiration, no does Clamnebula, Geosync,
Schizoidman, Annika, or Art.

No way old man. You are the share the responsability of this mess with
Sackman, Richman and GeoStink your Zealots allies. ;-)
ScottW

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message

Lionel doesn't need me for inspiration, no does Clamnebula, Geosync,
Schizoidman, Annika, or Art.

McKelvy, it is completely obvious to me that you have misunderstood a
large
proportion of my posts. They are not about my politics, they are about
yours.

You constantly vilify and smear Democrats while blindly singing praise of
the Bush administration. Yet you have the mendacity to say that you are
'not
a Republican'. You weakly point to your voting record (which is
Libertarian,
if I recall) as evidence.

You claim to be a fiscal conservative, but besmirch the president who gave
the country its highest surplus on record as the 'anti-christ'.

You claim to be a social moderate and a proponent of individual liberty,
yet
are in explicit agreement with the extremist opinions of Justices Scalia
and
Thomas that the law has the right to monitor what goes on in an
individual's
bedroom.

You have on occasion claimed to be one who is not divorced from science,
yet
have constantly supported the ban on stem-cell research.

There is no ban on stem cell research. You want to take some kind of high
road argument, at least get the facts straight.

ScottW

Schizoid Man

"ScottW" wrote in message

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message

You have on occasion claimed to be one who is not divorced from science,
yet
have constantly supported the ban on stem-cell research.

There is no ban on stem cell research. You want to take some kind of high
road argument, at least get the facts straight.

I never took you for such a pedantic individual. Excuse me, the federal
funding ban on stem-cell research.

I am sure that with policy that is based on rigors of science such as this,
America will continue be the dominant science and technology leader for many
years to come.

ScottW

"ScottW" wrote in message

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message

You have on occasion claimed to be one who is not divorced from
science,
yet
have constantly supported the ban on stem-cell research.

There is no ban on stem cell research. You want to take some kind of
high
road argument, at least get the facts straight.

I never took you for such a pedantic individual.

Sorry, the lack of honesty in the campaigns on this issue has caused it to
be a sore point.

Excuse me, the federal
funding ban on stem-cell research.

Still not correct. The federal funding for creation of additional embryonic
lines is banned.
There are arguments wether these lines are viable and sufficient and
uncontaminated etc but from what I've read they are more than sufficient to
support all qualified research projects.

I am sure that with policy that is based on rigors of science such as
this,
America will continue be the dominant science and technology leader for
many
years to come.

If it was so promising the private sector would fund it.

ScottW

GeoSynch

MINe 109 wrote:

The Devil wrote:

I have an almost-match in ELO. They sound great! Still probably my
favourite band of all time. :-)

ELO collections! I wanna know more, because I don't have one.

A quick look at Amazon brings up:

Flashback box

This is the one to get. I borrowed it from a friend. The sound is very good
and it has all the songs you know and would expect on an ELO box set.

You can read the review and track listings at AllMusic:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...9v8b5c4psq0~T1

GeoSynch

Michael McKelvy

"MINe 109" wrote in message
In article .net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
In article . net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
Go vote early and stop with the political posts.

In this month I've done 7 others have a combine total of 17.

I'm asking *you*. Since many of the others are inspired by your example
or the desire to show you an opposing view, I consider you somewhat
responsible for them.

Utter bull**** as usual.

You talking to me?

Lionel doesn't need me for inspiration, no does Clamnebula, Geosync,
Schizoidman, Annika, or Art.

Good company you've got there. Think about it.

I do. Which is why I don't see eye to eye with most of them or you.

Michael McKelvy

"MINe 109" wrote in message
MINe 109 wrote:

In article .net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
In article . net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
Go vote early and stop with the political posts.

In this month I've done 7 others have a combine total of 17.

I'm asking *you*. Since many of the others are inspired by your
example
or the desire to show you an opposing view, I consider you somewhat
responsible for them.

Utter bull**** as usual.

You talking to me?

Lionel doesn't need me for inspiration, no does Clamnebula, Geosync,
Schizoidman, Annika, or Art.

Good company you've got there. Think about it.

Of course, I agree with Schiz's politics.

Stephen

Therefore demonstrating you DON'T think about it.

Michael McKelvy

"ScottW" wrote in message

[...]

He got every single one wrong about me, why should he get anything else
right.

Michael McKelvy

"Lionel" wrote in message
Michael McKelvy wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
In article . net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
Go vote early and stop with the political posts.

In this month I've done 7 others have a combine total of 17.

I'm asking *you*. Since many of the others are inspired by your example
or the desire to show you an opposing view, I consider you somewhat
responsible for them.

Utter bull**** as usual.

Lionel doesn't need me for inspiration, no does Clamnebula, Geosync,
Schizoidman, Annika, or Art.

No way old man. You are the share the responsability of this mess with
Sackman, Richman and GeoStink your Zealots allies. ;-)

None of them impress me as zealots in the way you seem to think.
None of them agree with my version of what real Liberty is.

Thanks again for showing your utter stupidity.

Michael McKelvy

"MINe 109" wrote in message
In article .net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
Go vote early and stop with the political posts.

Ob audio: Anyone heard the Kinks' Village Green special edition?

Funny, I don't see you asking anyone else to stop.

I presented a chance for people to get input on both candidates and their
relative honesty.

No, you've presented a highly partisan pro-Bush perspective heavily
informed by rightwing talk radio and RNC talking points.

Which Republican talking points are these that you obviously missed in the
first post of this thread?

Bush has also released a new ad about health care titled "Complicated Plan"
that echoes previous distortions of Kerry's health care proposals. In it,
his campaign describes the health care plan of "John Kerry and liberals in
Congress" as "A big government takeover," language that closely resembles an
ad last month describing Kerry's plan as putting "big government in charge."
As we showed at the time, the charge is a dishonest portrayal of Kerry's
health care plan, which leaves most of the system in the hands of private
insurers.

The President has made a habit of repeating previously disproved charges in
his television advertising. As FactCheck.org also showed, two recent ads
that have aired thousands of times, "Thinking Mom" and "Clockwork", repeat
scurrilous charges. Both say Kerry voted to raise gas taxes ten times - a
false charge we have previously debunked. The total of ten votes includes a
number of procedural votes and votes against gas tax cuts. In fact, Senator
Kerry voted for only one gas tax increase.

Both ads also allege that Kerry and liberals in Congress voted for higher
taxes "350 times." But as we also pointed out back in March, this figure
includes votes against tax cuts and even ones in favor of Democratic tax cut
proposals that were smaller than those offered at the time by Republicans.

John Kerry and George Bush seem determined to make the last weeks of the
campaign a compilation of factual contradictions and "greatest hits" of spin
from the past year.

Were you born stupid and a liar or is it an acquired talent?

paul packer

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:36:47 -0400, George M. Middius
wrote:

Schizoid Man said:

I am sure that with policy that is based on rigors of science such as this,
America will continue be the dominant science and technology leader for many
years to come.

God willing, yes.

Very clever, George. Now if we can get that tongue out of your cheek
before it wedges there permanently....
paul packer

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 07:45:11 -0400, George M. Middius
wrote:

paul packer said:

I am sure that with policy that is based on rigors of science such as this,
America will continue be the dominant science and technology leader for many
years to come.

God willing, yes.

Very clever, George. Now if we can get that tongue out of your cheek
before it wedges there permanently....

Don't tell me I hit yet another of your overly sensitive nerves,
paulie.

You'd make a shocking dentist, George. Literally.

MINe 109

In article .net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
In article .net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
Go vote early and stop with the political posts.

Ob audio: Anyone heard the Kinks' Village Green special edition?

Funny, I don't see you asking anyone else to stop.

I presented a chance for people to get input on both candidates and their
relative honesty.

No, you've presented a highly partisan pro-Bush perspective heavily
informed by rightwing talk radio and RNC talking points.

Which Republican talking points are these that you obviously missed in the
first post of this thread?

The format of the piece implies an equality of dishonesty. A Bush big
lie is 'balanced' by a Kerry lie which in this case are small quibbles
or ordinary campaign rhetoric.

The piece does make the point that Bush will repeat his lies even after
he's been called on them.

[...]

At least I can distinguish quoted material in a post. Speaking of
stupid, snipping all the anti-Kerry stuff doesn't help your case.

And one piece with an attempt at balance must be weighed against your
long history of partisan attack posts.
Michael McKelvy

"MINe 109" wrote in message
In article .net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
In article .net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
[...]

Another lie. Go to spinsanity and check.

And one piece with an attempt at balance must be weighed against your
long history of partisan attack posts.

It's not the first time I've posted articles form spinsanity and factcheck
that had criticism of both candidates.

Am I biased, certainly, but with good reason.

MINe 109

In article .net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

Were you born stupid and a liar or is it an acquired talent?

At least I can distinguish quoted material in a post. Speaking of
stupid, snipping all the anti-Kerry stuff doesn't help your case.

Another lie. Go to spinsanity and check.

In your second post, dude.

And one piece with an attempt at balance must be weighed against your
long history of partisan attack posts.

It's not the first time I've posted articles form spinsanity and factcheck
that had criticism of both candidates.

Am I biased, certainly, but with good reason.

Thank you. Now stop.
Michael McKelvy

"MINe 109" wrote in message
In article .net,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

Were you born stupid and a liar or is it an acquired talent?

At least I can distinguish quoted material in a post. Speaking of
stupid, snipping all the anti-Kerry stuff doesn't help your case.

Another lie. Go to spinsanity and check.

In your second post, dude.

I've quoted spinsanity twice in this thread. The first one was the complete
article with comments on both candidates. The second time I skipped ove the
commnents on Kerry and went to the comments on Bush.

And one piece with an attempt at balance must be weighed against your
long history of partisan attack posts.

It's not the first time I've posted articles form spinsanity and
factcheck
that had criticism of both candidates.

Am I biased, certainly, but with good reason.

Thank you. Now stop.

When the Democrats stop trying to **** over the country.

Lionel

Michael McKelvy wrote:
"MINe 109" wrote in message

Thank you. Now stop.

When the Democrats stop trying to **** over the country.

I guess that if you have put so much energy in your crafty little
enterprise, it wouldn't have been a flop.

Work or militantism...

Moral : this explains why all real politicians are business crooks.

Schizoid Man

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message

Still trying to lie and claim that he or any President has that kind of
power?

The bull**** never ends with you guys.

Why is it that when it's Clinton, the cause of the prosperity is not the
president, but when it's Bush he's the messiah of economic recovery?

Do I smell a little bias?

Michael McKelvy

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message

Still trying to lie and claim that he or any President has that kind of
power?

The bull**** never ends with you guys.

Why is it that when it's Clinton, the cause of the prosperity is not the
president, but when it's Bush he's the messiah of economic recovery?

Do I smell a little bias?

No, that's just your own ass. I have never claimed that Bush was
personally responsible for the job growth we currently have, or that Clinton
was personally responsible for the recession that started during his term.

Presidents do not have that power, they can only submit a budget to Congress
which either passes it or not.

No President has ever had any personal blame or responsibility for the
economic situation.

There is no doubt things would be far worse for the economy if the tax cuts
proposed by Bush and passed by Congress had not been passed.

No President creates or destroys jobs or has any influence on what type of
jobs come into existence.

See Robert Samuelson's article at
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Sep14.html to get
an explanation on this.

How about telling the truth on this subject for a change?

MINe 109

George M. Middius wrote:

MINe 109 said to the Bug Eater:

The bull**** never ends with you guys.

Why should anyone read a word you write if this is your attitude?

So now you've discovered a whole new reason to ignore duh-Mikey. Run
with it!

The election's just days away...
Schizoid Man

[...]

If you're peeved about the earlier (mis?)chracterizartion of your views, I
suggest that you take it up with the person who wrote it.

I have been nothing, if not truthful. Sure, I am a biased - but I have never
denied being so. Please point out exactly what lies I have spread about you.
Once again, I was not the author of that post.

Michael McKelvy

[...]

So it was not you who wrote this?

This article proves beyond doubt that Michael McKelvy is not the true,
classical conservative that he claims to be, but simply a partisan hack. Or
perhaps, in more erudite terms, a Republican attack dog.

I can sum it up for you. The well-known magazine American Conservative has
endorsed John Kerry for President because: "George W. Bush has come to
embody a politics that is antithetical to almost any kind of thoughtful
conservatism."