Craig James

Default Connecting your PC to your HIFI audio home system

Is this possible? And if so, is it complicated?
Harry Lavo

"Craig James" wrote in message
Is this possible? And if so, is it complicated?

Buy a cable with a two ring mini-plug on one end and two rca jacks on the
other. If need be, buy "joiners" that will let you link RCA cables together
long enough to run from the PC to your amplifier. Plug the mini-plug into
the speaker output jack on your PC. Plug the RCA's into a spare auxiliary
input on your amplifier.

Turn on the amp, turn to the correct auxiliary input, crack the volume
control, and use your music software to play what ever you have in / on your
PC. It's as simple as that.

Quality can be all over the place depending on the quality of the output,
the cables, and the media player/media played. But physically it's not that
hard.
Steven Sullivan

Craig James wrote:
Is this possible?

Certainly.

And if so, is it complicated?

It can be. It can also be as simple as running a cable
from your computer to your receiver, and popping a
CD into your CD drive.

I'd need to know your current setup, and goals, to
give better info.

--
-S
Your a boring little troll. How does it feel? Go blow your bad breath elsewhere.
jw

To echo the others: yes and no.
Try this if you have a LAN port near your stereo: www.rokulabs.com I use
the hd1000 with good results. Theonly thing it doesn't do really well is
movies; I'm still working on getting the audio to stay synced with the
video. This is a great solution if you have an HD set for displaying video
and still images. The music manager leaves a bit to be deisired. I have
not personally tried it, but I have heard that their soundbridge integrates
with iTunes and doesn't need a monitor to access music files. The HD1000
does digital and analog audio - DD and PCM.

Is this possible? And if so, is it complicated?

goFab.com

On 3 Oct 2004 19:41:18 GMT, in article , Average
Joe stated:

Craig James wrote:
Is this possible? And if so, is it complicated?

Here's what I got:

http://slimdevices.com/

I got the wireless one so there is no need to run a cable to the
receiver. It hooks up via ethernet and has a coax digital output as well
as rca analog outputs.

It comes with a remote control so I don't even need to touch the
computer to listen to my music on my receiver. All the music is kept on
my hard drive.

If you have a laptop with a wireless router, this is perfect.

--
Average Joe

That's definitely the way to go. If you have a Mac with iTunes, you need to get
their latest solution along these lines (Airport Express, I think it is called).
Then you have a wireless digital connection from your Mac to your preamp, so you
in essence can have a humongous digital music jukebox for just the cost of the
connector.

Another solution is to use the iPod. I do this frequently and its very good,
even in compressed AAC at 192 kbps (I also used uncompressed audio for certain
things I might want to listen to very critically). If you're willing to listen
to AAC/MP3 sound, which I think is fine at 192 or above, you will in essence
have a digital jukebox with a whopping 19 continuous days of music on it.

My iPod sounds just great through my VAC Phi amps! Who woulda thought?