Faustino Dina

Default HARMAN KARDON DAL 150 and .WMA files...

Yes, it's the kind of device I'm talking about. Before this I knew the iMic
from Griffin Tech but it has no digital output. The Harman Kardon DAL 150
has digital output, but it doesn't says anything about WMA compatibility,
and it's a little expensive...

Thanks for your hint
Faustino

"RJH" wrote in message
"Faustino Dina" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm planning to hear my mp3 and wma audio files through the AV Receiver

by
using the HARMAN KARDON DAL 150 EzLINK. I read the DAL 150 converts mp3
files to the digital audio format AVR understand. But how about the .wma
(Windows media player) files? DAL 150 can convert this format also?

Thanks in advance
Faustino

Hi - I think this is just a usb-digital audio streaming device so it'll

take
any audio source file from the pc and convert it to audio data via the

usb.
I think. Is it the same sort of thing as this?:

http://uk.europe.creative.com/produc...t.asp?prod=448

Rob

Jim H

Yes, it's the kind of device I'm talking about. Before this I knew the
iMic
from Griffin Tech but it has no digital output. The Harman Kardon DAL 150
has digital output, but it doesn't says anything about WMA compatibility,
and it's a little expensive...

Thanks for your hint
Faustino

I've not heard of that specific device, but I should think the (windows)
hardware manager just treats it as if it's another 'sound device', no
different from a soundcard. Any program should be able to play to it, inc
Windows Media Player or whatever.

You could always convert the wma to mp3 or ogg. Wma has been backwards
engineered so programs exist.

Jim H