Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjdennis1952@gmail.com is offline

Default Which organ models did / does Ray Manzarek play?

On Wednesday, December 6, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, RSG wrote:
I am curious what Ray Manzarek's usual keyboard setup was / is when
he was back in the Doors and also currently, as in the VH1
Storytellers episode (is it the same?). I know that he plays a Vox but
I don't know which model, and what are the others? Thanks a lot!

RSG

A lot of responses, and a lot of misinformation. Initially, Ray used an American-made Vox Continental organ, but he got fed up with it because the cheap plastic keys kept breaking. He needed an organ with a flat top for the Fender Rhodes Piano Bass, and the Gibson G-101 fit the bill. Though similar to a Farfisa the Gibson had better quality and much better sound.