Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rick Ruskin Rick Ruskin is offline

Default Stanford Omega Mics

Anyone remember these? I'm picking up a pair this week that need
their power supplies repaired or rebuilt. Worth it?

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/1960s...-carlos-castro

RR

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Rick Ruskin wrote:
Anyone remember these? I'm picking up a pair this week that need
their power supplies repaired or rebuilt. Worth it?

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/1960s...-carlos-castro

If the power supplies are bad, likely the coupling caps in the mikes are
bad too. These are pretty typical small omnis of that era, used a 6CW4
nuvistor and a hand-tensioned mylar diaphragm.

I don't think they are anything to write home about, but if the price is
right, why not? I rebuilt a couple of these back in the eighties and I
remember them as sounding fairly neutral.

CCRMA Stanford Summer Workshops Jay Kadis Pro Audio 0 January 26th 09 07:23 PM
stanford football Lauren Pro Audio 1 September 27th 07 09:24 PM
omega starter needs resetting Jeff Thompson Car Audio 2 March 1st 05 07:54 PM
N-track with Lexicon Omega Dave Hudson Pro Audio 2 May 15th 04 08:16 PM