Posted to rec.audio.high-end
J.B. Wood J.B. Wood is offline

Default Optical-to-RCA Converter

Hello, all. As this is my first post to the ng I apologize if my gear
is not quite high-end enough. I have a 20-year old Adcom GTP-500
II/GFA-545 II tuner/preamp/amp combination feeding a pair of Allison
AL-120 speakers (recently had the woofers refoamed). I would like to
connect the optical audio output from a Panasonic TCL32X5 TV to the
Adcom tuner/preamp. There appears to be many devices in varying price
ranges ($20 and up) to accomplish this. Can anyone provide some
experience and recommendations in order that I get the highest quality
digital-analog-conversion possible? I'm not looking for overkill, just
to match things up to my existing components. Thanks for your time and
comment. Sincerely,
--
J. B. Wood e-mail: