Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Wire that sounds different, guaranteed

On Jun 13, 1:48=A0pm, wrote:
This week's stereophile in its online offerings has a gem of an article.

'AudioQuest Headquarters Tour'

http://www.stereophile.com/content/a...dquarters-tour

If one would want to produce subjective results guaranteed, the "tests"
described at the wire company could not have been setup more perfectly.

See if you can spot the obvious flaws in the "tests"? =A0Extra points for
those who spot the attempts to vaccinate the author's remarks against
these flaws?

For an even more interesting question, why did they bother when the
outcomes were predictable? =A0Might it have something to do with trying t=

vainly evoke science in support of a marketing department?

From the Article:

Next up was the new favorite bugaboo on the block=97the HDMI audio
cable. Yes, we're going there. One modest system, two HDMI cables=97
stock and AudioQuest. Listen, swap, listen. Blind or not your choice
but I preferred to watch everyone's reaction, which was the same as
mine=97wow!

Yeah, right! Lost me at "listen, swap, listen". So you _know_ what is
happening when and as it happens.

Which either indicates extremely poorly of the OEM cables and/or the
listeners. I have seen some very cheap HDMI cables out there with
poorly managed (even comical) connector/strain-relief systems and
insulation of dubious value - but as "stock" is not independently
chosen it is very likely defined and specified as such by AQ so as to
guarantee the results desired.

Then, what Audio Empire wrote.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA