dogn4u dogn4u is offline
Junior Member

Location: Central Coast California
Default Nakamichi 3-head, dual capstan cassette deck

Hi guys (and ladies). To be honest with you, I just signed up to sell a piece of equipment, as I hate eBay. But after hanging around a bit, it's pretty cool. Good, knowledgeable bunch of people. I have a modest system consisting of a Denon AVR-988 receiver (which I only use in stereo - don't care for surround. Two ears; two speakers, thanks), a Sony 300 disc changer, and the best thing to come back into my life: A Denon TT with AT440MLa cart.

As I bet is the case with many of you, I was bamboozled years ago by the lack of surface noise into thinking CDs were superior medium. And gave away all your records. HA. A good vinyl pressing from a good source continues to be the best music reproduction, even figuring in a lot of variance due to the subjectiveness of music taste. So I got back into records. Scored a few at thrift stores; bought a few "audiophile" heavy 180g platters. Then two friends responded to my soliciting email by GIVING me their record collections. Both my age, similar taste. Bonanza!

Anyway, what I have for sale is an absolutely pristine Nakamichi DR-2, the last of the great Nak decks, built in the early nineties and in storage (dry, heated) for 10 years. I fired it up and everything works perfectly. I taped a 180g album and, with Dolby C and HX, you couldn't tell the source from the recorded tape. This is something you can A/B as simply as pushing a button: the three head payoff.

You will never see an old school Nak this cherry again: $250 firm, you pay shipping
Attached Images

dogn4u dogn4u is offline
Junior Member

Location: Central Coast California

Oh yeah: 12" floor standing Cerwin Vegas. Great rock speakers.