Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Bruce K. Bruce K. is offline

Default Am I missing something?

I finally replaced my old Panasonic Portable CD Player and Analog
Headphone Amp (Audio Alchamy).

Rather than buy a expensive CD player for use with my Senn. 600, I
decided to buy a cheap Sony DVD player with a coax digital output and
couple it to a Beresford TC-7520 D to A converter that has a headphone
output.

Here are the links to the products:

Sony DVD Player $29.99

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665574623

Beresford TC-7520 $269.00

http://www.beresford-dac.com/beresford-tc-7520

I am very satisfied with the sound of this system and I can replace
the cheap DVD player if any moving parts fail.

I was wondering if I gave up anything by not buying a single dedicated
CD player (Marantz, Denon, Rotel) to use with my phones.

Thanks for your input.

Bruce

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Sebastian Kaliszewski Sebastian Kaliszewski is offline

Bruce K. wrote:
I finally replaced my old Panasonic Portable CD Player and Analog
Headphone Amp (Audio Alchamy).

Rather than buy a expensive CD player for use with my Senn. 600, I
decided to buy a cheap Sony DVD player with a coax digital output and
couple it to a Beresford TC-7520 D to A converter that has a headphone
output.

Here are the links to the products:

Sony DVD Player $29.99

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665574623

Beresford TC-7520 $269.00

http://www.beresford-dac.com/beresford-tc-7520

I am very satisfied with the sound of this system and I can replace
the cheap DVD player if any moving parts fail.

I was wondering if I gave up anything by not buying a single dedicated
CD player (Marantz, Denon, Rotel) to use with my phones.

You didn't gave up anything sonically, for sure.

You might gave up looks of that system

rgds
\SK
--
"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity" -- L. Lang

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Greg Wormald Greg Wormald is offline

In article ,
"Bruce K." wrote:

I finally replaced my old Panasonic Portable CD Player and Analog
Headphone Amp (Audio Alchamy).

Rather than buy a expensive CD player for use with my Senn. 600, I
decided to buy a cheap Sony DVD player with a coax digital output and
couple it to a Beresford TC-7520 D to A converter that has a headphone
output.

Here are the links to the products:

Sony DVD Player $29.99

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...y?catalogId=10
551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665574623

Beresford TC-7520 $269.00

http://www.beresford-dac.com/beresford-tc-7520

I am very satisfied with the sound of this system and I can replace
the cheap DVD player if any moving parts fail.

I was wondering if I gave up anything by not buying a single dedicated
CD player (Marantz, Denon, Rotel) to use with my phones.

Thanks for your input.

Bruce

If you like the sound you are not missing much.
Have you thought about a computer as a music server?

Greg

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Rockinghorse Winner[_6_] Rockinghorse Winner[_6_] is offline

* It may have been the liquor talking, but
Bruce K. wrote:

I finally replaced my old Panasonic Portable CD Player and Analog
Headphone Amp (Audio Alchamy).

Rather than buy a expensive CD player for use with my Senn. 600, I
decided to buy a cheap Sony DVD player with a coax digital output and
couple it to a Beresford TC-7520 D to A converter that has a headphone
output.

Here are the links to the products:

Sony DVD Player $29.99

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665574623

Beresford TC-7520 $269.00

http://www.beresford-dac.com/beresford-tc-7520

I am very satisfied with the sound of this system and I can replace
the cheap DVD player if any moving parts fail.

I was wondering if I gave up anything by not buying a single dedicated
CD player (Marantz, Denon, Rotel) to use with my phones.

Thanks for your input.

Bruce

I think I'm going to take the same path to upgrade my CD source, from a Sony
dedicated player to a DAC with RCA outputs. Good DAC's can be had for a song
these days. Thanks for the info!

*R* *H*
--
Powered by Linux |/ 2.6.32.26-175 Fedora 12
"No spyware. No viruses. No nags." |/ 2.6.31.12-0.2 OpenSUSE 11.2
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 05:28:22 -0700, Bruce K. wrote
(in article ):

[...]

I have a Beresford 7510 which is the same as the 7520 EXCEPT that it doesn't
have a USB input. It's OK, BUT, and here's the problem, It's NO BETTER than
the D/A converter that's built-into your Sony DVD player! Unless you have
other digital sources like an internet music server, you wasted $270. To bad
in this day and age when we will need every penny we have for the coming
economic collapse. IOW, your new Sony player and your audio Alchemy headphone
amp would have given you pretty much the exact same performance.

Missing? TRUTH Car Audio 0 September 22nd 07 02:38 AM
What am I missing? Blacktick Pro Audio 11 December 3rd 05 05:01 AM
'line in' missing Irma Tech 8 April 3rd 05 07:17 AM
what is flaw and I am missing ??? ranjeet Tech 6 December 31st 04 06:11 PM
What am I missing? Mike Rivers Pro Audio 8 September 9th 03 01:39 AM