Posted to rec.audio.high-end
bartbrn bartbrn is offline

Default Comments on Sansa Clip+ ???

On Dec 6, 10:17=A0am, Kulin Remailer wrote:
Hi,

I know portable players are not exactly "high end audio" but since you gu=

ys
DO know good audio I want to ask your opinions on this player.

I have a Sansa Clip+, and it's the best portable player I've ever had.
The ear buds that come with the Clip+ are not QUITE as lousy as the
torture devices Apple insists on packing with their iPods, but they're
not a whole lot better. I've used several of the "Skull Candy"-style
"in-ear" buds and regular circumaural headphones, and the sound
quality -- unless the bit rate is somewhere in the cellar -- is as
good as, or better, than any iPod. Apple was really stupidly slow to
get on the solid-state bandwagon, and I've gone through two of their
"mini-drive" models quite quickly -- a drive that small with moving
parts (the disc[s] and the read-arm[s]) is simply never going to last.
Some other features I like about my (currently 8GB) Sansa Clip+ are A)
the fact that you can have as many MiniSD cards as you want, thus
providing what is in essence an infinitely-sized music library, just
by swapping cards out, and if your Sansa Clip dies, you still have all
your music safely stored; B) the fact that the Clip+ can also be used
as a data drive, and has a chaptering audio-book function: C) flash-
memory chips are vastly superior to mechanical mini-HDs in terms of
power consumption, which means, among other things, your battery is
going to last a lot longer than one that has to be charged every four
hours or so, and, finally, D) the size of the thing is perfect. I
bought one of those inexpensive soft-rubber condoms to put it in, and
all the controls work fine, and it's well protected.

I'm 62, and I'm sure my hearing isn't what it was when I was 20, but
the Sansa Clip+ sounds as good to me as anything that comes out of my
27" iMac, through the speakers OR through headphones or ear buds.

Have a happy

Bart