Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default I have substantiated the Ariel Sharon quote for all of you!

Fabricated Quotations
Frontpagemagazine/CAMERA ^ | October 8, 2004 | Ricki Hollander

Posted on Friday, October 08, 2004 7:06:52 AM by SJackson

The anti-Semitic Right and the far-Left have found some damning
admissions from Israeli leaders -- of their own creation.

Fabricated Quotations
By Ricki Hollander
CAMERA | October 8, 2004

Did Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon vow to burn Palestinian
children and rape Arabic girls? Did former Israeli leader Menachem
Begin refer to Palestinians as “two-legged beasts,” and did another
Israeli leader declare that all Arabs must be killed unless they are
willing to live as slaves?

No, but given the number of Web sites repeating these allegations, it
is easy to see how this nonsense has gained credence. Indeed, the
attribution of invidious statements to Israel’s leaders has become a
popular stratagem among Israel’s enemies. Many are fabricated, taken
out of context or otherwise manipulated to present a distorted,
negative view of Zionist intentions and actions. Propagated on the
internet, some of these misquotes eventually make their way into
opinion columns in campus newspapers and even, on occasion, the
mainstream press.

Take for example, the following quote (found on anti-Israel websites)
alleged to have been said by Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon to
the Israeli parliament in October 2001 and reported on Kol Yisrael
radio:

Don't worry about American pressure on Israel, we, the Jewish people
control America, and the Americans know it.

The statement also appears as "I control America."

As it turns out, it is a hoax. Sharon never made either statement. Nor
did Kol Yisrael ever report that he did.

Yet syndicated columnist Georgie Anne Geyer wrote in her May 10, 2002
opinion column, which appeared in the Chicago Tribune, San Diego
Tribune, and other newspapers:

In fact, it [American support for Israel’‘s actions] led Prime
Minister Sharon to tell his Cabinet recently, "I control America."

Where did this quote originate and how did it enter the mainstream
media?

CAMERA’s investigation found that it started with an October 3, 2001
press release from the pro-Hamas group, IAP – the Islamic Association
for Palestine, which attributed the quote to a report on “the Israeli
Hebrew radio, Col [sic] Yisrael.”

In fact, Kol Yisrael political correspondent Yoni Ben-Menachem, who
reports on Cabinet meetings, confirmed to CAMERA that he never made
such a broadcast and that Sharon never made such a statement. Nor was
it reported by any other news service.

When confronted, Geyer told one editor that she relied on two
anonymous Israeli sources for the quotation. She told a second editor
the quote came from an alleged Ha’aretz article which she never
produced and could not be found. A subsequent editor’s note by Geyer’s
United Press Syndicate claimed the quote was widely reported in the
Palestinian press (i.e. the IAP, which cited the bogus Kol Yisrael
source) but could not be confirmed by independent sources.

Indeed for many, the Internet has completely replaced libraries,
reference books, and original research as a source of information.
This reliance on unregulated, unaccountable sources has boosted the
proliferation of misinformation and bogus quotes. And when they are
repeated by journalists, albeit those with radical anti-Israel
agendas, few are willing to search deeper.

The CAMERA staff has researched many of the alleged quotes. Part I of
our series on misquotes examines quotes that fall into three
categories: 1) fabricated; 2) misattributed and 3) taken out of
context.

FABRICATED

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon

I don't know something called International Principles. I vow that
I'll burn every Palestinian child (that) will be born in this area.
The Palestinian woman and child is more dangerous than the man,
because the Palestinian child's existence infers that generations will
go on, but the man causes limited danger. I vow that if I was just an
Israeli civilian and I met a Palestinian I would burn him and I would
make him suffer before killing him. With one hit I've killed 750
Palestinians (in Rafah in1956). I wanted to encourage my soldiers by
raping Arabic girls as the Palestinian woman is a slave for Jews, and
we do whatever we want to her and nobody tells us what we shall do but
we tell others what they shall do.

Source given: Ariel Sharon in an interview with General Ouze Merham in
1956

Investigation: This quote was found on hundreds of Arab Web sites, and
indeed, seems to be a a staple of anti-Israel propaganda. It cannot be
found, however, in any text book, news article, or published record,
nor is there any mention or record of a General Ouze Merham anywhere
else. (Another giveaway is that the term “Palestinian” was not in use
in 1956. It only came into vogue in the 1960's.)

Student columnist Mariam Sobh used the quote in her December 11, 2003
Daily Illinicolumn, but later had to apologize.

Former IDF Chief of Staff Rafael Eitan

We declare openly that the Arabs have no right to settle on even one
centimeter of Eretz Israel... Force is all they do or ever will
understand. We shall use the ultimate force until the Palestinians
come crawling to us on all fours.

Source given: Rafael Eitan, Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defense
Forces, in articles by Gad Becker, Yediot Ahronot April 13, 1983 and
in New York Times, April 14, 1983

Investigation: The quote does not appear in either article. While both
sources discuss comments made by then-outgoing Chief of Staff Eitan,
there is nothing remotely resembling this quote. A wider search of the
New York Times archives, also turns up nothing.

MISATTRIBUTED

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon

You can call me anything you like. Call me a monster or a
murderer. . . . Better a live Judeo-Nazi than a dead saint...

Even if you prove to me that the present war in Lebanon is a dirty
immoral war, I don't care...

Even if Galilee is shelled again by Katyushas in a year's time, I
don't really care. We shall start another war, kill and destroy more
and more until they will have had enough...

Let them tremble, let them call us a mad state. Let them understand
that we are a wild country, dangerous to our surroundings, not normal,
that we might go crazy if one of our children is murdered, just one!
If anyone even raises his hand against us we'll take away half his
land and burn the other half, including the oil. We might use nuclear
arms...

Even today I am willing to volunteer to do the dirty work for Israel,
to kill as many Arabs as necessary, to deport them, to expel and burn
them, to have everyone hate us……And I don't mind if after the job is
done you put me in front of a Nurembarg Trial and then jail me for
life. Hang me if you want, as a war criminal...

What you don't understand is that the dirty work of Zionism is not
finished yet, far from it.

Source given: Ariel Sharon in an interview with Amos Oz, Davar, Dec.
17, 1982

Investigation: The source is found on Arab propaganda and Marxist Web
sites. It gained credibility when Rocky Mountain News international
editor, Holger Jensen, included it in an April 2002 column attacking
Israeli Prime Minister Sharon. Four days later, Jensen was forced to
recant, admitting he had “made a grievous error in not verifying the
authenticity of 20-year-old quotes attributed to Ariel Sharon.” And
shortly after that, Jensen “resigned to pursue other interests.”

In fact, Amos Oz has confirmed that he never met nor interviewed
Sharon. The so-called “interview” was a literary device taken from
Oz's book In the Land of Israel.In the English version, the
interviewee's identity is not revealed, and is referred to as Z
(Flamingo/Fontana 1983). Apparently, Palestinian propagandists
substituted Sharon's name for Z in the Davar interview. The
description of Z does not fit Sharon, and at one point Z himself
refers to Sharon, Begin and General Eitan.

attributed to Ariel Sharon.

TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT

President Moshe Katsav

There is a huge gap between us (Jews) and our enemies – not just in
ability but in morality, culture, sanctity of life, and conscience.
They are our neighbors here, but it seems as if at a distance of a few
hundred meters away, there are people who do not belong to our
continent, to our world, but actually belong to a different galaxy.

Source given: Israeli president Moshe Katsav, Jerusalem Post, May 10,
2001

Investigation: While nothing was found in the source given, there was
an account in the following day’s edition of the Jerusalem Post. When
examined in context, it no longer sounds racist. Katsav was
specifically talking about the brutal murders by Palestinian
terrorists of two young schoolboys. The remains of Kobi Mandel and
Yossi Ish-Ran, who had played hooky from school to explore a cave,
were found on May 9, 2001. The Jerusalem Post clearly placed Katsav’s
words in that context:

President Moshe Katsav said yesterday that Israel would never stoop to
the brutality the Palestinians displayed in the stoning to death of
two Tekoa teenagers this week.

"There is a huge gap between us and our enemies - not just in ability
but in morality, culture, sanctity of life, and conscience," Katsav
told reporters at Beit Hanassi.

"We would never stoop to the kind of brutality inflicted on the
victims in Tekoa and Ofra," he added. "They're our neighbors here, but
it seems as if at a distance of a few hundred meters away, there are
people who don't belong to our continent, to our world, but actually
belong to a different galaxy."

Katsav said Israel must change its approach to the Palestinians, but
stopped short of voicing exactly what that new approach should be --
although he appeared to imply that retaliation is at times necessary.

"Force is no solution to anything," he said, "but sometimes it's
essential."

Referring to the brutal murders of two young boys from Tekoa, Katsav
said he is sure there are Palestinians and other Moslems who oppose
terrorism, but it was terrifying to realize how much cruelty and
hatred the Palestinians harbor against Israelis. (Jerusalem Post, May
11, 2001)

Bratzi, Senator Sugar, you are both the dregs of the universe.

You're both lower than pond scum or the slime on the belly of a worm.
And you're really dumb to boot! LOL!

in New York Times, April 14, 1983

[...]

Outstanding work, sir!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,

wrote:
Fabricated Quotations
Frontpagemagazine/CAMERA ^ | October 8, 2004 | Ricki Hollander

Posted on Friday, October 08, 2004 7:06:52 AM by SJackson

The anti-Semitic Right and the far-Left have found some damning
admissions from Israeli leaders -- of their own creation.

Fabricated Quotations
By Ricki Hollander
CAMERA | October 8, 2004

Did Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon vow to burn Palestinian
children and rape Arabic girls? Did former Israeli leader Menachem
Begin refer to Palestinians as ³two-legged beasts,² and did another
Israeli leader declare that all Arabs must be killed unless they are
willing to live as slaves?

No, but given the number of Web sites repeating these allegations, it
is easy to see how this nonsense has gained credence. Indeed, the
attribution of invidious statements to Israel¹s leaders has become a
popular stratagem among Israel¹s enemies. Many are fabricated, taken
[...]

In fact, it [American support for Israel¹Œs actions] led Prime
Minister Sharon to tell his Cabinet recently, "I control America."

Where did this quote originate and how did it enter the mainstream
media?

CAMERA¹s investigation found that it started with an October 3, 2001
press release from the pro-Hamas group, IAP * the Islamic Association
for Palestine, which attributed the quote to a report on ³the Israeli
Hebrew radio, Col [sic] Yisrael.²

In fact, Kol Yisrael political correspondent Yoni Ben-Menachem, who
reports on Cabinet meetings, confirmed to CAMERA that he never made
such a broadcast and that Sharon never made such a statement. Nor was
it reported by any other news service.

When confronted, Geyer told one editor that she relied on two
anonymous Israeli sources for the quotation. She told a second editor
the quote came from an alleged Ha¹aretz article which she never
produced and could not be found. A subsequent editor¹s note by Geyer¹s
[...]

else. (Another giveaway is that the term ³Palestinian² was not in use

in New York Times, April 14, 1983

[...]

them, to have everyone hate usŠŠAnd I don't mind if after the job is
done you put me in front of a Nurembarg Trial and then jail me for
life. Hang me if you want, as a war criminal...

What you don't understand is that the dirty work of Zionism is not
finished yet, far from it.

Source given: Ariel Sharon in an interview with Amos Oz, Davar, Dec.
17, 1982

Investigation: The source is found on Arab propaganda and Marxist Web
sites. It gained credibility when Rocky Mountain News international
editor, Holger Jensen, included it in an April 2002 column attacking
Israeli Prime Minister Sharon. Four days later, Jensen was forced to
recant, admitting he had ³made a grievous error in not verifying the
authenticity of 20-year-old quotes attributed to Ariel Sharon.² And
shortly after that, Jensen ³resigned to pursue other interests.²

In fact, Amos Oz has confirmed that he never met nor interviewed
Sharon. The so-called ³interview² was a literary device taken from
[...]

an account in the following day¹s edition of the Jerusalem Post. When
examined in context, it no longer sounds racist. Katsav was
specifically talking about the brutal murders by Palestinian
terrorists of two young schoolboys. The remains of Kobi Mandel and
Yossi Ish-Ran, who had played hooky from school to explore a cave,
were found on May 9, 2001. The Jerusalem Post clearly placed Katsav¹s
[...]

Indeed.

Geo surrendered the point early on in our discussion by playing like he
doesn't understand what a primary source is. The quoting of a lie
doesn't make the lie any more true; it only shows that some will try to
defend anything that might support a notorious world view.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Apr 13, 10:47�am, Jenn wrote:

You're both lower than pond scum or the slime on the belly of a worm.
And you're really dumb to boot! LOL!

Outstanding work, sir!

Indeed.

Geo surrendered the point early on in our discussion by playing like he
doesn't understand what a primary source is. �The quoting of a lie
doesn't make the lie any more true; it only shows that some will try to
defend anything that might support a notorious world view.

I noticed that GeoSynch pretty much snuck away once he couldn't
produce a primary source. It's amazing how these right wing nutcases
think another right winger's blog constitutes a reliable source.

I was playing with the radio yesterday while driving and I stumbled
onto Glenn Beck's show for the first time. After only a few minutes,
he was saying that God was with him and others like him, so how could
those who oppose him triumph? I didn't know God was a Republican. I'd
like to see one of these nitwits produce God's voting card.

I'm hoping social Darwinism is the answer to these cretins. That would
tie up everything in a neat little package.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Apr 13, 2:01*pm, Boon wrote:
On Apr 13, 10:47 am, Jenn wrote:

[...]

that is the most depressing show on tv.
the sky is falling!
the sky is falling!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Default Marc Phillips Deranged Lunatic Argues With Himself

Marc Phillips, aka Vinyl Anachronist formerly of TONE Audio, argues with himself
(again):

I noticed that GeoSynch pretty much snuck away

Marc Phillips stated "Really? You don't exist here solely to attack others?" in
this post (towards end of post):
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...f2fa936b54f86d

I use his quote (clearly denoted as such) when responding to him:
"Your deflective "point" ("Really? You don't exist here solely to attack
others?") was irrelevant to the question of what those so-called "behavior
therapists" would make of your flamefest compulsion. This is something that you
yourself can not face, because it causes you - what's that psychological term
for it ... oh yes - cognitive dissonance."
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...b285a3ba050ae7

Engulfed in red-misted frenzy, Marc Phillips does not even recognize his own
words being quoted and commences arguing with himself:
" Your deflective "point" ("Really? You don't exist here solely to attack
others?")

No, I don't. Do you see me attacking Shhh!? Jenn? Clyde? George?
Anyone else here who actually discusses audio?"
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...98fe9665544c15

Marc Phillips, who calls himself Vinyl Anachronist, is clearly a deranged
lunatic who cannot recognize what he himself recently has written and begins to
strenuously argue with himself.

Nor is this the first time:

Marc Phillips previously wrote (in middle of first paragraph): "You haven't
offered one shred of proof..."
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...a9356ea00c1ed1

My response to that post:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...dfe2b63016b13f

Marc Phillips, deranged lunatic, then proceeds to argue with himself:
" You haven't offered one shred of proof

I've offered plenty of proof."
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...a03cec069bcf50

Marc Phillips psychotic Usenet behavior brought unwanted attention to his
employer's notice, who implored Marc Phillips to stop posting on Usenet
newsgroups, which was the basis for this short-lived swan song:
"I bid you all farewell."
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...45ecc3f4cdcf33

Surely Jeff Dorgay and the staff of TONE Audio were mightily relieved when Marc
Phillips left that publication and moved from Washington to Texas.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Default GeoSynch is upset that his credibility was destroyed.

for it ... oh yes - cognitive dissonance."http://groups.google.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/msg/5cb285a3ba050ae7

Anyone else here who actually discusses audio?"http://groups.google.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/msg/bc98fe9665544c15

offered one shred of proof..."http://groups.google.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/msg/98a9356ea00c1ed1

I've offered plenty of proof."http://groups.google.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/msg/e9a03cec069bcf50

"I bid you all farewell."http://groups.google.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/msg/f845ecc3f4cdcf33

Surely Jeff Dorgay and the staff of TONE Audio were mightily relieved when Marc
Phillips left that publication and moved from Washington to Texas.

Wow. A real man would have admitted he lost yesterday. What a pussy
you are.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[...]

A real man would have admitted he got caught up arguing with himself. Twice!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default What's that tapping sound?

On Apr 14, 11:42*pm, "GeoSynch" wrote:

A real man would have admitted he got caught up arguing with himself. Twice!

Are you still standing by the thoroughly-discredited Sharon statement
and the likewise-discredited and crazy "Obama is not American" theory?

Christ, even 2pid isn't that far gone.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Default Gullible Jilly Drinks The Disinformation Kool-Aid

Jilly jived:

A real man would have admitted he got caught up arguing with himself. Twice!

Are you still standing by the thoroughly-discredited Sharon statement

In a word, "Yes." CAMERA is a disinformation organization and your recitation of
their propaganda makes for a very silly Jilly.

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle15241.htm

"For this purpose, for example, the Lobby has its own propaganda coordinating
organization, the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America
(CAMERA). Its mission is to see that American media (TV, radio, newspapers,
magazines) toe the line on Israel and on American policies toward Israel, not
hesitating in the process to smear journalists or authors who dare criticizing
the actions of the Israeli government or who offer more balanced viewpoints. It
also takes the necessary political steps to make sure that the Federal
Communications Commission [FCC] does not impede the move toward concentration of
media ownership in the U.S."

Rodrigue Tremblay is professor emeritus of economics at the University of
Montreal. He is the author of the book 'The New American Empire'.

and the likewise-discredited and crazy "Obama is not American" theory?

That laughable "certificate" at Snopes is a modern document; it is not an
original document from 1961. It proves nothing.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

The Senator tapped in frustration:

Jilly jived:

More aptly, "Jilly proved".

A real man would have admitted he got caught up arguing with himself. Twice!

Are you still standing by the thoroughly-discredited Sharon statement

In a word, "Yes." CAMERA is a disinformation organization and your recitation of
their propaganda makes for a very silly Jilly.

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle15241.htm

Under "Who and what we are" it really doesn't tell you much. Who is
the man behind the curtain?

You'll trust about anybody who agrees with you:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/who.htm

"For this purpose, for example, the Lobby has its own propaganda coordinating
organization, the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America
(CAMERA). Its mission is to see that American media (TV, radio, newspapers,
magazines) toe the line on Israel and on American policies toward Israel, not
hesitating in the process to smear journalists or authors who dare criticizing
the actions of the Israeli government or who offer more balanced viewpoints. It
also takes the necessary political steps to make sure that the Federal
Communications Commission [FCC] does not impede the move toward concentration of
media ownership in the U.S."

Rodrigue Tremblay is professor emeritus of economics at the University of
Montreal. He is the author of the book 'The New American Empire'.

Argument by authority. Not valid. BZZZZZZT!

and the likewise-discredited and crazy "Obama is not American" theory?

That laughable "certificate" at Snopes is a modern document; it is not an
original document from 1961. It proves nothing.

Your proof?

Oh, never mind. You heard that somewhere, right? Or saw it someplace
on the Internet?

LMAO!

I knew your thought processes were warped but I never thought you were
as stupid as you've shown yourself to be over the last couple of days.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Apr 15, 6:52*am, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
[...]

Glenn Beck told him. And Glenn Beck was crying when he said it, so it
has to be true.

LMAO!

It's more sad than anything to come in contact with people who
actually think this. The Supreme Court has knocked the "birther"
argument down repeatedly...but what do those nine people know about
REAL evidence? Huh?

I knew your thought processes were warped but I never thought you were
as stupid as you've shown yourself to be over the last couple of days.

Again, his mistake was telling us too much about himself. Now he's
just another Internet crackpot. ZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jilly jinked:

A real man would have admitted he got caught up arguing with himself.
Twice!

Are you still standing by the thoroughly-discredited Sharon statement

In a word, "Yes." CAMERA is a disinformation organization and your recitation
of
their propaganda makes for a very silly Jilly.

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle15241.htm

Under "Who and what we are" it really doesn't tell you much. Who is
the man behind the curtain?

I've read a number of articles he has written on Global Research in the past.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php

You could also have clicked on this link:
http://www.thenewamericanempire.com/blog

You'll trust about anybody who agrees with you:

Unlike ditzy, addle-minded moronettes like you, I try to ferret out the truth
through a diverse spectrum of sources.

[...]

Control yourself, old girl. I know they must feed you a lot of beans while
you're in the brig but please refrain from stinking up the joint like you just
did.

and the likewise-discredited and crazy "Obama is not American" theory?

That laughable "certificate" at Snopes is a modern document; it is not an
original document from 1961. It proves nothing.

Your proof?

Duh! There was a related link to that document from the Snopes link you had
included in your post, but I suppose it's a bit too presumptuouis assuming an
ditzy, addle-minded moronette like Jilly is capable of making such a connection.

Oh, never mind. You heard that somewhere, right? Or saw it someplace on the
Internet?

LMAO!

I knew your thought processes were warped but I never thought you were
as stupid as you've shown yourself to be over the last couple of days.

CAMERA is a disinformation organization and a discredited source that
aggresively hunts down and viciously smears anyone willing to expose the true
nature of that pariah state known as Israel.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Senator Sugar tapped his toe in frustration:

Jilly jinked:

A real man would have admitted he got caught up arguing with himself.
Twice!
Are you still standing by the thoroughly-discredited Sharon statement
In a word, "Yes." CAMERA is a disinformation organization and your recitation
of
their propaganda makes for a very silly Jilly.
http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle15241.htm

Under "Who and what we are" it really doesn't tell you much. Who is
the man behind the curtain?

I've read a number of articles he has written on Global Research in the past.http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php

You could also have clicked on this link:http://www.thenewamericanempire.com/blog

That site is as informative as the ones Bratzi posts. IOW not at all.

You'll trust about anybody who agrees with you:

Unlike ditzy, addle-minded moronettes like you, I try to ferret out the truth
through a diverse spectrum of sources.

IYO what are the top three lies out there right now?

[...]

A perfect refutation. I'm humbled.

and the likewise-discredited and crazy "Obama is not American" theory?
That laughable "certificate" at Snopes is a modern document; it is not an
original document from 1961. It proves nothing.

Your proof?

Duh! There was a related link to that document from the Snopes link you had
included in your post, but I suppose it's a bit too presumptuouis assuming an
ditzy, addle-minded moronette like Jilly is capable of making such a connection.

Amazingly, nobody agrees with you (that matters, anyway).

Bratzi probably does, but as I said...

Oh, never mind. You heard that somewhere, right? Or saw it someplace on the
Internet?
LMAO!
I knew your thought processes were warped but I never thought you were
as stupid as you've shown yourself to be over the last couple of days.

CAMERA is a disinformation organization and a discredited source that
aggresively hunts down and viciously smears anyone willing to expose the true
nature of that pariah state known as Israel.

Which came first: your adulation of the Nazis or your hatred of the
Jews?