Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default MMalkin: The Pfleger-ization of the Catholic Church

The Pfleger-ization of the Catholic Church

By Michelle Malkin

"So much that you need to know about the Catholic Church's social policy problems can be summed up in one word: Chicago. On race, abortion, guns, immigration and "community organizing," Catholic Church officials in the Windy City have forged unholy alliances with radical left-wingers and enablers who undermine the faith—and the faithful.

Exhibit A: the Archdiocese of Chicago's Office for Racial Justice and
one of its most notorious priests, the Rev. Michael Pfleger.

This week, Chicago Cardinal Francis George—who also happens to be
president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops—presided over a
gala ceremony honoring Pfleger with a "lifetime achievement award" for
his "service in pursuit of dismantling racism, injustice and
inequalities on behalf of African Americans and all people of color."

How, pray tell, has Pfleger achieved the officially sanctioned
Catholic vision of "racial justice"? By aligning himself with the
nation's worst racial demagogues and using his pulpit at the St.
Sabina Catholic Church on Chicago's Southside to promote poisonous
identity politics.

Pfleger (who is white) grabbed the spotlight during the 2008
presidential campaign with jive-talking defenses of his fellow race-
hustler and President Obama's spiritual mentor the Rev. Jeremiah ("God
damn America!" and "AmeriKKKA!") Wright and Jew-bashing hate-monger
Louis (Judaism is a "gutter religion") Farrakhan. The racial justice
award-winner called the latter a "great man" and welcomed him to his
church.

Pfleger, a member of the Catholics for Obama Committee, stoked further
racial division by mocking Hillary Clinton's skin color and accusing
her of "white entitlement." It's one thing to ridicule Hillary's sense
of political and ideological entitlement as part of the Clinton
dynasty. But the demagogic emphasis on her race was beyond the pale.

Screamed Pfleger while wearing his Roman Catholic collar during a
guest appearance at Wright's Trinity United Church of Christ:

"I really believe that (Hillary) just always thought, 'This is mine
(congregation laughter, hoots). I'm Bill's wife. I'm white. And this
is mine. And I jus' gotta get up and step into the plate.' And then
out of nowhere came, 'Hey, I'm Barack Obama.' And she said, 'Oh, damn!
Where did you come from? (crowd goes nuts, Pfleger screaming). I'm
white! I'm entitled! There's a black man stealing my show. (sobs!)'
She wasn't the only one crying! There was a whole lotta white people
crying!"

On a roll, Pfleger mustered up his best Wright imitation and let loose
on the entire country, proclaiming: "America is the greatest sin
against God."

Pfleger has also embraced hate-crime hoax engineer Al Sharpton.
Outraged Catholics across the country called on the archdiocese of
Chicago to remove Pfleger. In response, Cardinal George meekly
suspended Pfleger for two weeks over his "partisan" remarks—and has
now honored him for his "service" to "racial justice."

The sermon in 1 Corinthians 15:33 teaches us that bad company corrupts
good character. Have they forgotten?

In an e-mail exchange with Pfleger this week, he indignantly accused
me of not telling the "truth." When I quoted his own toxic words back
to him, he accused me of being "mean-spirited."

This rogue Catholic priest has been arrested for vandalizing
billboards in his community; threatened to "snuff out" a gun shop
owner (Pfleger claims he didn't mean to imply he would kill the
businessman, just expose his private home address); and flouted church
rules limiting tenure. When the archdiocese attempted to enforce its
two-term limit on Pfleger, he taunted them to "have the balls to fire"
him. They didn't—and Pfleger continues to serve indefinitely.

Mimicking Planned Parenthood and the death lobby, the Chicago
archdiocese defended late-term-abortion supporter Obama as "pro-
choice" rather than "pro-abortion" this week—and did nothing in 2003
when Pfleger put radical-leftist actor Harry Belafonte on the St.
Sabina pulpit to rail against former President George W. Bush's pro-
life policies.

Cardinal George did think it worthy of his time to condemn the "hate
literature" of Illinois Catholic columnist Tom Roeser, who raised his
voice against the church's pedophilia scandal and criticized the
willingness of Catholic Church leaders to sign on to the Obamacare
sellout for the sake of "social justice."

For years, the far-left Catholic Campaign for Human Development forked
over funding to Chicago-based, Saul Alinsky-trained outfits that
employed then-community organizer Obama. And the Chicago archdiocese
has also lobbied aggressively alongside open-borders groups to
undermine immigration enforcement, to halt homeland security raids
against employers breaking immigration laws and to demand mass
amnesty.

As if the massive global sex-abuse scandal that cost at least $3
billion in litigation and inflicted immeasurable pain and grief on
Catholic molestation victims hasn't done enough damage to its
credibility, the Pfleger-ization of the Catholic Church goes on
unabated. And the likes of Cardinal George are doing nothing to stop
it.

This is not the Catholic Church I was raised in. It has left me."

http://www.vdare.com/malkin/100408_catholic_church.htm
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 9, 7:14*pm, Bret L wrote:

I want to have Steve Sailor's or Michelle Malkin's children.

That's very nice, Bratzi. I'm glad to know that.