Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default Easter 2010: My Return To The Catholic Church Stalls

((Personally I think Mahony ought to pull a "Crazy Irving" and shred
all the ****ing documents himself, on a weekend, then head to Italy
and retire to the Vatican, which as a Prince of the Church is his
right. He'd be as beyond prosecution as the innumerable loxers in
Isntreal who do the same exact thing. Bret.))

Easter 2010: My Return To The Catholic Church Stalls

By Joe Guzzardi

"Last Easter, I wrote about taking my first tentative steps toward

returning to the Roman Catholic flock from which I have been estranged
for nearly 50 years.

Readers mailed encouraging messages. One urged me to attend the
traditional Latin Mass offered at Pittsburgh’s St. Boniface Church, a
suggestion that I immediately followed up on.

I wasn’t surprised that being inside the church comforted me.
Catholicism played a central role throughout my formative years.

Although my father was a baptized Catholic, neither my mother nor her
children (my two sisters and myself) were. Eventually, she decided to
convert. We took the mandatory catechism classes, parish priest Father
Francis Osborne visited our home regularly and eventually we were
baptized.

Shortly thereafter I became an altar boy with dreams of becoming a
priest. When my parents were remarried in the Catholic Church, I
served at their Mass.

Throughout my early childhood and into high school, I attended Roman
Catholic schools, took more catechism and studied Latin.

In short, Catholicism was deeply ingrained into me and even during my
periods of deepest doubts about its validity I cannot easily dismiss
it.

Who knows how much further along I would be in my return—if it were
not for Roger Cardinal Mahony, one of the most blatant illegal alien,
Open-Borders advocates and an untried criminal for his role in
covering up his priest subordinates who sexually abused minor boys and
girls. Mahony’s record of deceit dates back to the early 1980s.

What brings Mahony back into the forefront is the Mass he offered at
the Capitol Hill March 21 illegal alien rally coyly named “March for
America”

There, along side of the Service Employees International Union, Janet
Murguia, Ali Noorani and U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez, stood criminal
enabler Mahony advocating for the his lawbreaking friends.

Comprehensive immigration reform is, said Mahony, “right and true”—as
if he has any moral authority on immigration or any other subject.
[Immigration reform is right and just, By Cardinal Roger Mahony,
Washington Post, March 19, 2010]

In the opinion of many, including me, Mahony belongs in jail.

And, now that Mahony will turn the mandatory retirement age of 75 next
February, that’s just where he may be headed.

According to church protocol, when Cardinals reach 75, they are
required to submit their resignations to the Vatican. The Pope has the
option to permit the Cardinal to continue in his post, should he
choose to, or accept his resignation.

Vatican insiders speculate that Mahony has approved a coadjutor bishop
recently selected for him by the Holy See. This news and the new
Cardinal’s name will be, according to rumor, publicly announced
“soon.”

But retirement may not save Mahony from prosecution.

That will depend on whether Los Angeles District Attorney Steve Cooley
makes good on his promise to continue to thoroughly investigate and
vigorously prosecute sexually abusive priests in the Archdiocese of
Los Angeles. Included are those who protected the priests including
Mahony.

For nearly a decade, Mahony has been defensive and defiant. He’s
steadfastly refused to respond to demands for the names of known
priest offenders and the internal church documents that identify them.

Years ago, Cooley promised Ron Russell of Los Angeles’ alternative
newspaper the New Times that “his office intends to go beyond merely
prosecuting a few priests accused of abusing children to pursue
criminal misconduct within the nation’s largest Roman Catholic
archdiocese ‘wherever it leads.’”

(If you wonder why Cooley spoke to the New Times and not the Los
Angeles Times, the answer is simple. The LA Times in the early stages
of the investigation never had an interest in exposing Mahony’s deceit—
presumably because it supports his political liberalism and efforts to
destroy Catholicism.)

When Russell asked Cooley if that means Mahony himself may conceivably
become the target of a criminal probe, the district attorney pointedly
replied: ”No one is above the law.’

"Cooley declined to speculate about how many current and former
priests within Mahony’s sprawling archdiocese—which includes Los
Angeles, Ventura, and Santa Barbara Counties—may ultimately be
charged. He pledged , however, to bring guilty clerics and those who
criminally protect them to justice “whether the number turns out to be
in the single digits, double digits, or triple digits.”

[D.A. Steve Cooley Says He'll Take His Investigation of Cardinal
Mahony's Pedo-Priests "Wherever it leads", By Ron Russell, New Times
L.A., July 11, 2002]

Added Cooley:

“We intend to be thorough and cautious. We want to make sure the
evidence we gather is not suppressed [in court].We’re only at the
beginning of a very long and detailed investigatory process.”

If the public wants an idea of how Cooley intends to prosecute those
for whom there is sufficient evidence, he pointed them to the case of
Father Richard Allen Henry who molested four boys from the same
family. Cooley convicted Henry convicted and sent him to prison for
eight years—the first priest so sentenced.

Despite agreeing in 2008 to a record-setting $660 million settlement
with more than 500 alleged victims of clergy abuse, no figure in the
Catholic Church’s worldwide involvement in the pedophilia scandal has
been more elusive than Mahony who has blocked numerous attempts by
prosecutors and plaintiffs' attorneys to gain access to internal
church documents. [Judge Approves $660 million Abuse Settlement,
Associated Press, March 7, 2008]

Even the U.S. bishops’ National Review Board criticized Mahony for
what it termed “resisting disclosure.”

Although the criminal process is slow, don’t discount Cooley.

Several years ago, while working with the district attorney’s staff, I
met Cooley. His prosecutors were engaged in what then seemed like the
impossible task of pressuring Mexican authorities to change a 2001
Mexican Supreme Court decision that barred the extradition of killers
facing life sentences in the United States.

Key to Cooley’s efforts was his department’s creation of the website
EscapingJustice.com that highlighted the outrageous refusal of Mexico
to cooperate by exposing the stories of victims whose killers fled to
that country.

In 2005, largely because of Cooley’s efforts, the Mexican Supreme
Court overturned the previous decision and allowed criminals facing
life terms to be extradited. Several murderers have since been
returned, including the killer of Sheriff’s Deputy David March.

During the week leading up to Easter Sunday, Mahony has now delivered
the ultimate insult to whoever remains among his faithful.

On his blog, Mahony posted his response to disapproval about how then-
Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger (and future pontiff Pope Benedict XVI), as
Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF),
handled the case of Rev. Lawrence Murphy who sexually abused more than
200 students at a Milwaukee school for the deaf.

Reports claim that the priest was “protected” from laicization in the
1990s by the CDF. (Vatican Axed Trial for Priest Accused by Deaf Boys,
by Nicole Winfield, Boston Globe, March 25, 2010)

Wrote Mahony:

“Without the proactive and helpful assistance of Cardinal Ratzinger
and the Congregation over these years, the Archdiocese of Los Angeles
would never have been able to move forward aggressively to remove
priests from ministry who were proved to be guilty of the sexual abuse
of minors.”

[Cardinal Mahony praises Pope’s swift response to Los Angeles abuse
cases, Catholic News Agency, Mar 31, 2010]

Mahony, other Cardinals like New York’s retired Edward Egan, who was
once quoted as saying that 19 victims of sexual abuse is not “a
significant number”, and now possibly the Pope, all of whom claim to
take the moral high ground on immigration while turning their backs on
innocent sex abuse victims makes it tough for me to make a case for
returning to the church.

Despite it all, I remain open-minded—in large part because of readers
who urged me not to give up; and because of other Catholics that I
know are charitable, loving people.

What I need to spur me on is a sustained news cycle without Roman
Catholic advocacy for open borders—or more scandalous, stomach-
churning accounts about sexual acts perpetrated on children that are
so vile that my mind can barely grasp them.

Since it seems unlikely that I will get either, let alone both, my
inner struggle remains unresolved."

Joe Guzzardi [email him] is a California native who recently fled the
state because of over-immigration, over-population and a rapidly
deteriorating quality of life. He has moved to Pittsburgh, PA where
the air is clean and the growth rate stable. A long-time instructor in
English at the Lodi Adult School, Guzzardi has been writing a weekly
column since 1988. It currently appears in the Lodi News-Sentinel.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

I thought we'd all agreed that you're a verbose moron.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jilly pondered, got scalped, then retreated to her rathole:

I thought

Since when?

we'd all agreed

What do you mean "we," Kemosabe?

that you're a verbose moron.

And you're a morose vermin.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 4, 7:39*pm, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Jilly pondered, got scalped, then retreated to her rathole:

I thought

Since

Yes, I agree. Since forever.

we'd all agreed

What do you mean "we," Kemosabe?

Thinking people. I wasn't talking to you.

that you're a verbose moron.

And you're a morose vermin.

I meant that thinking people had agreed.

That automatically excludes you.

You may now continue your toe-tapping, Senator Sugar.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jilly just loves being humiliated:

I thought

Since [when?]

Yes, I agree. Since forever.

SCORE! CHA-CHINGHH!! :-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 4, 7:58*pm, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Jilly just loves being humiliated:

I thought
Since [forever]

Yes, I agree. Since forever.

SCORE! CHA-CHINGHH!! :-)

Agreed.

We also agree that you're "too busy" to read anything but software
manuals and that you have therefore self-selected yourself into that
group of those whose learning activities have entirely ceased.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jilly gorged:

SCORE! CHA-CHINGHH!! :-)

Agreed.

Unlike the bumbling Buffoon, you seem to have a capacity for self-awareness.

We also agree that you're "too busy" to read anything but software manuals and
that you have therefore self-selected yourself into that group of those whose
learning activities have entirely ceased.

Book or novels, be they fiction or non-fiction, hold little to no prospect for
financial payoff, only perhaps emotional payoff or what economists deem as
psychic income. Software manuals of the sort I'm interested for referential
purposes do have that payoff prospect to learn new or better way of doing things
in the career field I thrive in. This is probably something not fully
appreciated by a parasitic tax-feeder employed by Leviathan whose snout is fully
immersed in the trough from which sustenance is forcibly extracted from
productive private sector taxpayers.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"GeoSynch" wrote:

[...]

Would you mind telling me your age?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jenn inquired:

Would you mind telling me your age?

Why do you ask?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"GeoSynch" wrote:

Jenn inquired:

Would you mind telling me your age?

Why do you ask?

Just wondering.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 4, 11:14*pm, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Jilly gorged:

SCORE! CHA-CHINGHH!! :-)

Agreed.

Unlike the bumbling Buffoon, you seem to have a capacity for self-awareness.

We also agree that you're "too busy" to read anything but software manuals and
that you have therefore self-selected yourself into that group of those whose
learning activities have entirely ceased.

Book or novels, be they fiction or non-fiction, hold little to no prospect for
financial payoff

The "depth" of Senator Sugar is revealed.

Why not become a street prostitute? Then you wouldn't even have to
read those boring software manuals.

And bonus! You could have all the jism and smegma you want!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 4, 11:31*pm, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Jenn inquired:

Would you mind telling me your age?

Why do you ask?

Why are you afraid to answer?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn wrote:

Would you mind telling me your age?

Why do you ask?

Just wondering.

Why?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"GeoSynch" wrote:

Jenn wrote:

Would you mind telling me your age?

Why do you ask?

Just wondering.

Why?

Curious
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jilly prostrated herself:

Book or novels, be they fiction or non-fiction, hold little to no prospect
for financial payoff

[Non-response blather snipped]

And the humiliation of Jilly continues unabated.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 4, 11:39*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article ,

*"GeoSynch" wrote:
Jenn inquired:

Would you mind telling me your age?

Why do you ask?

Just wondering.

You know, I ran into a "great American" like Senator Sugar recently.
He had started a real estate company catering to firefighters, cops
and soldiers. He said he was going to be featured on Sean Hannity
show.

He told me he wanted to make a pile of money and then move to Costa
Rica or some place he wouldn't have to pay taxes. In other words, rape
the US for all he could and then bail out. And do so on the backs of
public servants.

What a patriot!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jilly jived:

Would you mind telling me your age?

Why do you ask?

Why are you afraid to answer?

Why are you deathly afraid of the topic of military MK-ULTRA mind-control?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jenn purred:

Would you mind telling me your age?

Why do you ask?

Just wondering.

Why?

Curious

How many lives have you got left, kitty?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"GeoSynch" wrote:

Jenn purred:

Would you mind telling me your age?

Why do you ask?

Just wondering.

Why?

Curious

How many lives have you got left, kitty?

OK, so you don't want to answer. Whatever.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jenn threw up her hands:

Would you mind telling me your age?

Why do you ask?

Just wondering.

Why?

Curious

How many lives have you got left, kitty?

OK, so you don't want to answer. Whatever.

Again, why do you ask?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"GeoSynch" wrote:

Jenn threw up her hands:

Would you mind telling me your age?

Why do you ask?

Just wondering.

Why?

Curious

How many lives have you got left, kitty?

OK, so you don't want to answer. Whatever.

Again, why do you ask?

I told you; I'm just curious.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jenn wrote:

Again, why do you ask?

I told you; I'm just curious.

What's the basis for your curiosity?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"GeoSynch" wrote:

Jenn wrote:

Again, why do you ask?

I told you; I'm just curious.

What's the basis for your curiosity?

I've been interested in people's reading choices based on their age and
income since I was part of a research project in the 90s.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"GeoSynch" wrote:

Jenn wrote:

Again, why do you ask?

I told you; I'm just curious.

What's the basis for your curiosity?

I've been interested in people's reading choices based on their age and
income since I was part of a research project in the 90s.

Do elaborate.

I was part of a research project, and I remain interested in the topic.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn wrote:

Again, why do you ask?

I told you; I'm just curious.

What's the basis for your curiosity?

I've been interested in people's reading choices based on their age and
income since I was part of a research project in the 90s.

Do elaborate.

I was part of a research project, and I remain interested in the topic.

That's nice. My age is none of your business; neither is my income.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"GeoSynch" wrote:

Jenn wrote:

Again, why do you ask?

I told you; I'm just curious.

What's the basis for your curiosity?

I've been interested in people's reading choices based on their age and
income since I was part of a research project in the 90s.

Do elaborate.

I was part of a research project, and I remain interested in the topic.

That's nice. My age is none of your business; neither is my income.

I didn't ask your income. If you don't want to state your age for some
reason, that's fine. I didn't think that most guys minded.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 4, 11:51*pm, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Jilly jived:

Would you mind telling me your age?
Why do you ask?

Why are you afraid to answer?

Why are you deathly afraid of the topic of military MK-ULTRA mind-control?

Because my programming causes me pain when I discuss that topic, much
like it causes you pain and evasive maneuvers when discussing your age.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 4, 11:48*pm, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Jilly prostrated herself:

Book or novels, be they fiction or non-fiction, hold little to no prospect
for financial payoff

[Non-response blather snipped]

And the humiliation of Jilly continues unabated.

I was talking about an opportunity for you to make some money with
virtually no investment.

Your responses and general demeanor made it appear as though that
would interest you, Senator Sugar.

BTW, that was a nice tap-dance around Jenn's question. ;-)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 5, 12:06*am, Jenn wrote:
In article ,

*"GeoSynch" wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Again, why do you ask?

I told you; I'm just curious.

What's the basis for your curiosity?

I've been interested in people's reading choices based on their age and
income since I was part of a research project in the 90s.

Do elaborate.

I was part of a research project, and I remain interested in the topic.

Do you have a guess based on Sentaor Sugar's answers?

What a sad little life he must have. He's like 2pid: dumb as a board
yet proud of all the money he makes.

I'd rather die than be incomplete and substandard humans like they are.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jilly jived:

Would you mind telling me your age?

Why do you ask?

Why are you afraid to answer?

Why are you deathly afraid of the topic of military MK-ULTRA mind-control?

Because my programming causes me pain when I discuss that topic, much like it
causes you pain and evasive maneuvers when discussing your age.

I was just having a little fun at Jenn's expense for the way she kept asking
pointed questions of Scott regarding Nixon and when he asked a question of her
in return, she went all snooty with her "I don't feel like taking orders from
you today" response.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jilly gasped:

And the humiliation of Jilly continues unabated.

I was talking about an opportunity for you to make some money with virtually
no investment.

No thanks, I'm not interested in Jilly The Blowjob Queen's money-making
ventures.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"GeoSynch" wrote:

Jilly jived:

Would you mind telling me your age?

Why do you ask?

Why are you afraid to answer?

Why are you deathly afraid of the topic of military MK-ULTRA
mind-control?

Because my programming causes me pain when I discuss that topic, much like
it
causes you pain and evasive maneuvers when discussing your age.

I was just having a little fun at Jenn's expense for the way she kept asking
pointed questions of Scott regarding Nixon and when he asked a question of
her
in return, she went all snooty with her "I don't feel like taking orders from
you today" response.

lol Leave it to you to screw up the scenario.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

On Apr 5, 12:06*am, Jenn wrote:
In article ,

*"GeoSynch" wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Again, why do you ask?

I told you; I'm just curious.

What's the basis for your curiosity?

I've been interested in people's reading choices based on their age and
income since I was part of a research project in the 90s.

Do elaborate.

I was part of a research project, and I remain interested in the topic.

Do you have a guess based on Sentaor Sugar's answers?

Nah, I don't want to go there. I asked him his age in good faith.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 5, 12:26*am, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Jilly jived:

Would you mind telling me your age?
Why do you ask?
Why are you afraid to answer?
Why are you deathly afraid of the topic of military MK-ULTRA mind-control?

Because my programming causes me pain when I discuss that topic, much like it
causes you pain and evasive maneuvers when discussing your age.

I was just having a little fun at Jenn's expense for the way she kept asking
pointed questions of Scott regarding Nixon and when he asked a question of her
in return, she went all snooty with her "I don't feel like taking orders from
you today" response.

You must have only read every other post. 2pid was being as evasive as
you are. As is his norm he didn't answer the question posed, tried to
shift to a new topic and then became demanding that his new topic take
precedence. 2pid is confused.

Besides, when I demanded that 2pid answer a question he was no more
forthcoming than you were.

Now answer the question. How old are you?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jenn postured:

I asked him his age in good faith.

What's your age? What's your income?

What's the correlation between those answers and recent books you've read?

If you're unwilling to answer, then you might as well treat your original
questions as the suppositional suppositories that they were.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 5, 12:32*am, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Jilly gasped:

And the humiliation of Jilly continues unabated.

I was talking about an opportunity for you to make some money with virtually
no investment.

No thanks, I'm not interested in Jilly The Blowjob Queen's money-making
ventures.

Just think of it, Senator Sugar! Men wining and dining you with fine
meals, a short trip to a nice hotel room, then a quick few hundred
cash. Your dream come true!

And no reading or toe-tapping required.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jilly demanded:

Besides, when I demanded that 2pid answer a question he was no more
forthcoming than you were.

Now answer the question. How old are you?

What's your real name, Jilly?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"GeoSynch" wrote:

Jenn postured:

I asked him his age in good faith.

What's your age?

53

What's your income?

No thanks. I didn't ask you that for a reason.

What's the correlation between those answers and recent books you've read?

See above.

If you're unwilling to answer, then you might as well treat your original
questions as the suppositional suppositories that they were.

Good God you're an idiot.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jilly revelled:

No thanks, I'm not interested in Jilly The Blowjob Queen's money-making
ventures.

Just think of it, Senator Sugar! Men wining and dining you with fine meals, a
short trip to a nice hotel room, then a quick few hundred cash.

A Sad Sack/Gomer Pyle salary just ain't enough to cover Jilly's tranny wardobe
and kitschy jewelry expenses, so this is how she supplements that meager
parasitic tax-feeder income.