Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default Earl Wild, RIP

Passed away at age 94 at his home in Palm Springs. He left us many fine
recordings, some of which in SOTA sound. What a wonderful pianist.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article

,

Jenn wrote:

Passed away at age 94 at his home in Palm Springs. He left us many fine
recordings, some of which in SOTA sound. What a wonderful pianist.

Highly respected and recorded even late in life. His RCA Gershwin with
the Boston Pops is a perennial reissue and may be a classical all-time
top seller.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] sgordon@changethisparttohardbat.com is offline

Jenn wrote:
: Passed away at age 94 at his home in Palm Springs. He left us many fine
: recordings, some of which in SOTA sound. What a wonderful pianist.

Rats, he was on my short list of musicians I was still hoping to see one day.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article

,

Jenn wrote:

Passed away at age 94 at his home in Palm Springs. He left us many fine
recordings, some of which in SOTA sound. What a wonderful pianist.

Highly respected and recorded even late in life. His RCA Gershwin with
the Boston Pops is a perennial reissue and may be a classical all-time
top seller.

Stephen

Yep. Another is one of my favorite recordings: EW with Horenstein and
the Royal Phil doing Rachy 2 on Chesky.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] sgordon@changethisparttohardbat.com is offline

Am listening to his version of Chopin's Nocturnes right now.
(the one on Ivory Classics).