Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Roger Pearse Roger Pearse is offline

Default The Day

You can tell it must be Christmas, the season of goodwill because....

....all the little atheists start shrieking insults!

On Dec 26, 1:16*am, Bret L wrote:
In fact the Mithraists were not pagan, which
referred to the wild country side, but very much a religion of the
cities and of civilization, and December 25 was chosen for Christmas
by Constantine because it was the birthday ofMithras.

Sadly there is no ancient text that records a birthday of Mithras,
never mind one on 25 Dec. Nor is there one that records Constantine
deciding when Christmas was, never mind deciding it "because it was
the birthday of Mithras".

Funny how these atheists will believe anything, unchecked, so long as
it's convenient.

EVERY pagan religion had its equivalent of Yule on December 21 or 22,
Winter Solstice.

You don't know this. You just read it somewhere.

Constantine was a Mithraian

Not in any ancient source whatsoever.

before he became a Christian, so there is no other explanation for that particular date.

None? You know this how?

To me, things were not as simple as historians, Constantine’s
apologists, made it. My field of expertise is not religion,

Nor history. Nor logic.

delete hate-ranting

Nor tolerance either, it seems.

Happy Christmas anyway.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

If you look up this guy's Usenet profile, he jumps from forum to forum
attacking atheists and calling them names. He and Bratzi are more
similar than different.