Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

Default Time for a Collection

Poor Marc is in trouble....again.

"I've been slowly selling off the more opulent pieces in my audio
system because, quite frankly, times are tough. It's difficult to put
off getting your kids braces when you have a $15,000 analog rig in
your living room where everyone can see."

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl71.html

Sounds like he's more worried about what people think than his special
needs kids teeth.

ScottW
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe

On Dec 1, 2:19*pm, ScottW wrote:

Sounds like he's more worried about what people think than his special
needs kids teeth.

2pid? Not knowing how apostrophes work is no excuse to simply stop
using them. The rules for their usage are readily available. All it
takes is a little elbow grease and a brain.

Let me help you construct your sentence in English:

It sounds like he's more worried about what people think about him
than he worries about his special needs kid's teeth.

(I assume this is what you were trying to yap.)

(This leaves unanswered the question of choosing "sounds" over "seems"
since this is a text-only format and therefore there are no "sounds"
made. This leaves unanswered the question about why you try to give
someone a hard time about special needs children when you were one
yourself. This also leaves unanswered the question of why your a
imbecile.)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Dec 1, 2:19*pm, ScottW wrote:
Poor Marc is in trouble....again.

"I've been slowly selling off the more opulent pieces in my audio
system because, quite frankly, times are tough. It's difficult to put
off getting your kids braces when you have a $15,000 analog rig in
your living room where everyone can see."

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl71.html

Sounds like he's more worried about what people think than his special
needs kids teeth.

You brought this up a couple of weeks ago, and you were soundly
thumped for it. Have you become that brain-addled that you've
forgotten already? What the **** is wrong with you?

By the way, my special needs kid has beautiful teeth, and was offered
a toothpaste commercial a couple of years ago. There's no way you're
this ****ing stupid.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Dec 1, 2:59*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Dec 1, 2:19*pm, ScottW wrote:

[...]

Well, since he seems to post the same **** over and over again, he's
lowered himself to the same level as Bwian.

The funny thing is, Scott has the same learning diability as my
special needs son. What a douchebag he is.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On Dec 1, 2:19*pm, ScottW wrote:

[...]

I see 2pid as an amalgamation of several Usenet "personalities".

He's got the "Why are people so mean to me?" martyr complaex as GOIA
does. He's got the false superiority of Bratzi. And now, yes, the
repetitive falsehoods od Bwian.

I thought it was funny on the Chargers group: "I grew bored with them
weeks ago and now look at what has happened.

The funny thing is, Scott has the same learning diability as my
special needs son. What a douchebag he is.

I may go back into the archives and repost some of 2pid's best RAO
'work' on his football group. Ten of them per day or so should
suffice. After all, 2pid opened that up as fair game with this tripe.
LoL.

Those that like and admire him (are there any?) will soon get the
picture of the true 2pid. It looks like most of them already have one.
LoL.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

On Dec 1, 1:16*pm, Boon wrote:
On Dec 1, 2:19*pm, ScottW wrote:

Poor Marc is in trouble....again.

"I've been slowly selling off the more opulent pieces in my audio
system because, quite frankly, times are tough. It's difficult to put
off getting your kids braces when you have a $15,000 analog rig in
your living room where everyone can see."

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl71.html

Sounds like he's more worried about what people think than his special
needs kids teeth.

You brought this up a couple of weeks ago, and you were soundly
thumped for it.

Yes thumper, you are one rabid rabbit.

ScottW
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Dec 1, 6:58*pm, ScottW wrote:
On Dec 1, 1:16*pm, Boon wrote:

On Dec 1, 2:19*pm, ScottW wrote:

Poor Marc is in trouble....again.

"I've been slowly selling off the more opulent pieces in my audio
system because, quite frankly, times are tough. It's difficult to put
off getting your kids braces when you have a $15,000 analog rig in
your living room where everyone can see."

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl71.html

Sounds like he's more worried about what people think than his special
needs kids teeth.

You brought this up a couple of weeks ago, and you were soundly
thumped for it.

* Yes thumper, *you are one rabid rabbit.

Arny used to do this all time whenever he was cornered. He'd stop
making sense, and his responses would get more and more feeble, yet he
couldn't shut up and walk away. He had to keep responding.

You know why you're doing this? Because you are an addict. You can't
stop responding. Even though everyone is laughing at you (on two
completely unrelated Usenet groups, no less), you still have to put
your two cents in. It doesn't have to be true, it doesn't have to make
sense, it doesn't have to be funny. You just have to say something
because you can't help yourself.

It's like watching a junkie curl up into a little ball, syringe still
stuck in his arm, waiting to die.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

wrote:
On Dec 1, 2:19*pm, ScottW wrote:

[...]

Agreed. It's what happens when you have a serious Internet addiction.

I thought it was funny on the Chargers group: "I grew bored with them
weeks ago and now look at what has happened.

No, he said MONTHS ago. LoL!

The funny thing is, Scott has the same learning diability as my
special needs son. What a douchebag he is.

I may go back into the archives and repost some of 2pid's best RAO
'work' on his football group. Ten of them per day or so should
suffice. After all, 2pid opened that up as fair game with this tripe.
LoL.

I thought about doing the same thing. Just get another gmail account
and call it ScottyW or something and then proceed to reproduce every
OT political thread he ever started. Hundreds. Thousands. Sounds like
fun.

Those that like and admire him (are there any?) will soon get the
picture of the true 2pid. It looks like most of them already have one.
LoL.-

He's been trying to sneak back in, but so far everyone's ignoring him.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Dec 1, 7:43*pm, Boon wrote:
On Dec 1, 6:47*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

Those that like and admire him (are there any?) will soon get the
picture of the true 2pid. It looks like most of them already have one.
LoL.-

He's been trying to sneak back in, but so far everyone's ignoring him.

Very few people can show how humorless and antisocial they are on a
text-only forum. 2pid has managed. So did GOIA.

My suspicion is that most people on the SD group have him killfiled.

The funniest part to me was how often 2pid was using the word "moron"
when I showed up there. BTW it was never in reference to himself. LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Dec 1, 8:45*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Dec 1, 7:43*pm, Boon wrote:

On Dec 1, 6:47*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
Those that like and admire him (are there any?) will soon get the
picture of the true 2pid. It looks like most of them already have one..
LoL.-

He's been trying to sneak back in, but so far everyone's ignoring him.

Very few people can show how humorless and antisocial they are on a
text-only forum. 2pid has managed. So did GOIA.

My suspicion is that most people on the SD group have him killfiled.

The funniest part to me was how often 2pid was using the word "moron"
when I showed up there. BTW it was never in reference to himself. LoL.

We should compile of list of names the Charger group used for Scott.
Then we should compare it to our list. If any are duplicated, we'll
send his wife a license plate frame with the winning entry.

"My husband may be a [blank], but at least he bought me this Mercedes."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Dec 1, 8:51*pm, Boon wrote:
On Dec 1, 8:45*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

The funniest part to me was how often 2pid was using the word "moron"
when I showed up there. BTW it was never in reference to himself. LoL.

We should compile of list of names the Charger group used for Scott.
Then we should compare it to our list. If any are duplicated, we'll
send his wife a license plate frame with the winning entry.

"My husband may be a [blank], but at least he bought me this Mercedes."

I vote for "imbecile".

But since she has to drive it we could complie a list and ask her for
her favorite.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jilly mined:

Not knowing how apostrophes work

How original, old girl! LoL!
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...837f8dc165cb80

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Dec 2, 12:13*am, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Jilly mined:

Not knowing how apostrophes work

How original, old girl! LoL!http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...837f8dc165cb80

So we both like old Zappa tunes. Isn't that cool?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jilly jived:

Not knowing how apostrophes work

How original, old girl! LoL!
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...837f8dc165cb80

So we both like old Zappa tunes. Isn't that cool?

No, not cool at all, more like some "fuming incense stencher" ...

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Dec 2, 12:44*am, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Jilly jived:

Not knowing how apostrophes work
How original, old girl! LoL!
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...837f8dc165cb80

So we both like old Zappa tunes. Isn't that cool?

No, not cool at all, more like some "fuming incense stencher" ...

I don't see how you can enjoy Zappa without having a sense of humor,
but it's a step in the right direction.

Did you ever see him live? He put on a great show and was one of the
best electric guitarists I've ever seen.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

On Dec 2, 12:44*am, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Jilly jived:

Not knowing how apostrophes work
How original, old girl! LoL!
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...837f8dc165cb80
So we both like old Zappa tunes. Isn't that cool?

No, not cool at all, more like some "fuming incense stencher" ...

I don't see how you can enjoy Zappa without having a sense of humor,
but it's a step in the right direction.

Did you ever see him live? He put on a great show and was one of the
best electric guitarists I've ever seen.

My favorite FZ composition: Dog Breath Variations
;-)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Cy Suckerton II Cy Suckerton II is offline

An adult who earns his own living may spend his money however he
likes as long as his obligations are adequately met.

I own something like fifty thousand dollars worth of electronic
equipment none of which is in revenue service to me any more. I could
sell it, yes, but then I'd just buy some other junk or something
equally silly. Boats, airplanes and race cars eat money, the
electronics just sit there. And the bank pays HOW much interest right
now??

My house, my truck, and my cars are paid for. And since I got back in
shape I buy most of my clothes at the thrift store. I did, however,
buy a Brompton folding bike brand new recently.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Dec 2, 1:15*am, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Jilly steps out of persona:

So we both like old Zappa tunes. Isn't that cool?
No, not cool at all, more like some "fuming incense stencher" ...

I don't see how you can enjoy Zappa without having a sense of humor, but it's
a step in the right direction.
Did you ever see him live? He put on a great show and was one of the best
electric guitarists I've ever seen.

No, unfortunately, of the several hundred gigs I've attended, never saw Zappa,
the ones I've always regretted never seeing were The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix.

My first concert was the Monkees in 1967 (I was very young). There
were so many teen girls screaming I found I could hear the music
better if I plugged my ears with my fingers. I'm sure a Beatles
concert would've been far worse.

This is about as close as it gets to a Zappa gig, where young punk Vai gets
shown up:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U9Lqki7Y9k

I saw Zappa pre-Vai, between Over-Nite Sensation and Apostrophe, or
shortly after Apostrophe (I don't recall). Vai did get shown up in
that video but if that kid sticks with it he'll be good someday.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

I saw Zappa pre-Vai, between Over-Nite Sensation and Apostrophe, or
shortly after Apostrophe (I don't recall). Vai did get shown up in
that video but if that kid sticks with it he'll be good someday.

I just saw a piece about his masterclasses. Evidently he's a fair
businessman as well.

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Dec 2, 1:55*am, Cy Suckerton II wrote:
*An adult who earns his own living may spend his money however he
likes as long as his obligations are adequately met.

*I own something like fifty thousand dollars worth of electronic
equipment none of which is in revenue service to me any more. I could
sell it, yes, but then I'd just buy some other junk or something
equally silly. Boats, airplanes and race cars eat money, the
electronics just sit there. And the bank pays HOW much interest right
now??

*My house, my truck, and my cars are paid for. And since I got back in
shape I buy most of my clothes at the thrift store. I did, however,
buy a Brompton folding bike brand new recently.

Note that I did not sell my turntable to buy my kids braces. It was a
hypothetical situation brought up to reflect most audiophiles'
decision to refrain from buying extravagant pieces during tough
economic times. I saw plenty of angry comments from TONE readers
saying that we were insensitive when we reviewed $50K speakers and
$60K turntables. The piece that Scott quoted was written to appeal to
those folks and to bring them back into the fold by offering an
alternative.

Scott is obviously scrutinizing everything I've ever written, looking
for things to criticize. Unfortunately he suffers from Aspergers
syndrome, which means his ability to detect subtleties such as
context, irony, rhetoric and understatement is severely compromised.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Dec 2, 8:01*am, Boon wrote:

Scott is obviously scrutinizing everything I've ever written, looking
for things to criticize. Unfortunately he suffers from Aspergers
syndrome, which means his ability to detect subtleties such as
context, irony, rhetoric and understatement is severely compromised.

At least he accepts responsibility for his actions.

Oh, wait...
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Dec 2, 5:44*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Dec 2, 8:01*am, Boon wrote:

Scott is obviously scrutinizing everything I've ever written, looking
for things to criticize. Unfortunately he suffers from Aspergers
syndrome, which means his ability to detect subtleties such as
context, irony, rhetoric and understatement is severely compromised.

At least he accepts responsibility for his actions.

Oh, wait...

Dont be a rabid thumper.