Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Orlando Enrique Fiol Orlando Enrique Fiol is offline

Default portable solid state recorder with digital input?

Hi all. After exhausting research, it appears that M-Audio's Microtrack II is
the only reasonably priced digital recorder with an SPDIF input. In addition to
recording in the field, I'd like to use a portable unit to digitize years of
DAT tapes without occupying my computer's processing power and soundcard
during recording. Plenty of other recorders, such as the Soni and the Ediroll
R09HR sound like they'd make great field recorders, but only the Microtrack
appears to have a digital input. Am I missing something? The Microtrack's
disadvantage is its battery; I either use the built-in rechargeable or hook
into a USB battery pack.

Any thoughts?
Orlando