rubli rubli is offline
Junior Member

Default jeff rowland model 8 capacitors

Hi Group

I need to replace the PS caps found in a Jeff Rowland Model 8 amplifier. It seems that it has already an upgrade as it has two separate power supplies.
The fact is that 2 of the four capacitors vented and threw away this awful liquid (all spread on the pcb).

So I plan to change the 4 of them. I live in mexico, so it is not suitable to send the amp to the factory.

JRDG never replied me back to buy them. The caps are painted black with no legend on them.

according to my analisis, the capacitors are 140,000 uF @ 75 volts. they are HUGE 3 x 8.625 inches. I located a part number in the Cornell dubilier catalog, but all distributors ask for a minumin qty of 20.

my twofold question is.
-somebody knows if this figure of 140,000 is a correct value ?
- where to buy... I only want to buy four caps

best regards

Alexander Rubli