Posted to rec.audio.misc
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] is offline

Default Marantz cd player

....Just got the Marantz DR 4050 cd player/recorder from my realtive/friend,
because when she moved in her new house she didn't have room for a full
hifi, I also got her Luxman K-100 tape deck (I rewired her house when her
mum passed away, she used to live there). The cd player is matching well to
the other stereo components, but the cd recorder deck is gone toast, and the
vendor told her it's not worth fixing it. ( I have the cambridge audio 340
SE int amp, the 340 TE tuner and mordaunt-short 904 i speakers). I
originally planned to get the cambridge audio 340 CD player, but I am quite
broke at the moment, so it's alright for a while. Shall I expect long life
from the marantz? The components team up also aesthetically, all is black
except the phono pre amp (silver cambridge audio 540P).

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Mark Zacharias[_2_] Mark Zacharias[_2_] is offline

"Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" wrote in message
[...]

Recent vintage Marantz (Philips-built) cd players use the CDM 12.1
mechanism, and it's successors, VAM 1201 etc. They are essentially a cheap
copy of Japanese designs, made in China, and die like flies. The saving
grace is that at this time replacement mechanisms are pretty inexpensive if
obtained from generic suppliers.

The CD recorder mech - also Philips built, is another matter price-wise.
That is why it was judged cost-prohibitive to repair the recorder portion.

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] is offline

? "Mark Zacharias" ???a?e st? µ???µa
[...]

Never mind, it has given up the ghost and I trashed it yesterday evening. It
was gone in less than an hour. Probably picked up by gypsies who will scrap
it. I'm gonna get the Canbridge audio 340 CD, when and if I'm paid from a
major work. Even if I could find a generic spare part I'm not good at
electronics, I use generic parts in repairing whitte appliances (washing
machines and the like), very cheaply. The marants was made in Hungary;that's
usually the case with mid-and large sized appliances (my Pro-ject too)or in
Turkey, and of course in East Europe. If all goes good with my georgian
client I will get my money, so far I worked for 'im for credit, he even got
the plugs, circuit breakers etc.on credit.
Thanks for your reply.