Posted to rec.audio.high-end
pauly pauly is offline

Default Has anyone tried hooking a FM tuner to a DAC?

I want to add a good sounding FM Tuner to my audio system but I don't
want to spend big money on an expensive tuner if I don't have to.

I'm thinking of a getting a basic tuner with a digital output and
running it through my PS Audio Digital Link III DAC. Has anyone tried
this arrangement and can comment on the results?

thanks

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Sonnova Sonnova is offline

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:59:42 -0700, pauly wrote
(in article ):

I want to add a good sounding FM Tuner to my audio system but I don't
want to spend big money on an expensive tuner if I don't have to.

I'm thinking of a getting a basic tuner with a digital output and
running it through my PS Audio Digital Link III DAC. Has anyone tried
this arrangement and can comment on the results?

thanks

Just buy that $100 Sony that everybody is raving about. Don't remember the
model number but its small, has both analog FM and digital radio....

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Damon Hill[_2_] Damon Hill[_2_] is offline

Sonnova wrote in
:

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:59:42 -0700, pauly wrote
(in article ):

I want to add a good sounding FM Tuner to my audio system but I don't
want to spend big money on an expensive tuner if I don't have to.

I'm thinking of a getting a basic tuner with a digital output and
running it through my PS Audio Digital Link III DAC. Has anyone tried
this arrangement and can comment on the results?

thanks

Just buy that $100 Sony that everybody is raving about. Don't remember
the model number but its small, has both analog FM and digital
radio....

There are several HD Radio tuners; of these I'd recommend the
Sony XDR-F1HD as the clear Best Buy. If you're determined to have
a digital output, the Sangean HDT-1X is another well-received
design at a somewhat higher price. Shop around online for good
prices; the Sony can be had for a bit less than $100 and the
Sangean for well under $200.

My experience with the Sony is that it completely clears up multipath
reception problems on FM HD Radio and sounds very clean while using just
the supplied dipole mounted randomly. Reportedly it does very well
with analog stations too; it'll do AM HD Radio but I can't receive
any music stations in HD where I live.

Reviews: http://ham-radio.com/k6sti/

--Damon
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Sonnova Sonnova is offline

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 06:02:14 -0700, Damon Hill wrote
(in article ):

Sonnova wrote in
:

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:59:42 -0700, pauly wrote
(in article ):

I want to add a good sounding FM Tuner to my audio system but I don't
want to spend big money on an expensive tuner if I don't have to.

I'm thinking of a getting a basic tuner with a digital output and
running it through my PS Audio Digital Link III DAC. Has anyone tried
this arrangement and can comment on the results?

thanks

Just buy that $100 Sony that everybody is raving about. Don't remember
the model number but its small, has both analog FM and digital
radio....

There are several HD Radio tuners; of these I'd recommend the
Sony XDR-F1HD as the clear Best Buy.

That's the one that I was referring to.

Hooking up stereo JLit417 Car Audio 2 February 7th 07 04:22 AM
Hooking computer up in car Adam Tingley Car Audio 1 August 27th 04 01:39 PM
hooking up my four track to pc Edward Doyle Pro Audio 0 July 3rd 04 06:28 AM
question hooking up my mp3 player Guerrilla Car Audio 1 January 8th 04 12:04 AM
Hooking up 2 amps one LOC or two ? MarcW Car Audio 1 October 16th 03 08:23 PM