Posted to rec.audio.misc
DMHenrie DMHenrie is offline

Default Outdoor speaker recommendations please

I am in the market for a pair of outdoor speakers in the $100-200 pr range.
I see that JBL, Klipsch, Pol, Yamaha and a few brands I never heard of, make
these speakers. I want to mount them in the ceiling corners of a gazebo,
that has a hot tub installed, so the speakers will need to sound good at a
rather high volume to overtake the hottub pumps.
Any comments, or recommendations ?

Dave

Posted to rec.audio.misc
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

In article , "DMHenrie" wrote:
I am in the market for a pair of outdoor speakers in the $100-200 pr range.
I see that JBL, Klipsch, Pol, Yamaha and a few brands I never heard of, make
these speakers. I want to mount them in the ceiling corners of a gazebo,
that has a hot tub installed, so the speakers will need to sound good at a
rather high volume to overtake the hottub pumps.
Any comments, or recommendations ?

Try

rec.audio.tech
rec.audio.pro
sax lady sax lady is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS[_3_] View Post
In article , "DMHenrie" wrote:
I am in the market for a pair of outdoor speakers in the $100-200 pr range.
I see that JBL, Klipsch, Pol, Yamaha and a few brands I never heard of, make
these speakers. I want to mount them in the ceiling corners of a gazebo,
that has a hot tub installed, so the speakers will need to sound good at a
rather high volume to overtake the hottub pumps.
Any comments, or recommendations ?

Try

rec.audio.tech
rec.audio.pro
I use JBL self powered eons outside and they are excelant. I think they may be a little above the price range you are talking. I have a set of 15s with the sub and I also have 3 10s that I often use for moniters but in a gazebo, a couple of those 10s would rock your world ...and maybe the neighbours. LOL