Posted to rec.audio.misc
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] is offline

Default new turntable

....Just today got a new Project debut III (complete with ortofon 5 MM
cartridge), cambridge audio azur 540 s RIAA preamplifier and some RCA cable,
all 370 euros with 110 euros deposit and the rest credit. What impressed me,
was that both the turntable and the preamplifier came with wall warts,
instead of being supplied directly with 230 V, 50 Hz. Maybe it's cheaper to
deeliver the same unit worldwide and just change the wall warts,
accordingly. I listened to Nightflight to Venus by BoneyM, which my old
crappy Philips turntable was skipping all the time, making impossible to
enjoy it.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering