Posted to rec.audio.misc
Henri Beyle Henri Beyle is offline

Default Soeaker/headphone simply change

Hi,
Here is the situation.
An old manin a retirement home would like to watch TV without awaking
it's neighbours at night.
But he can't walk to the TV, plug the earphone at the Tv's back and
undo it the next morning.

The sound from the TV is muted the second you plug the earphone jack
into its socket. And when I leave him without the the earphone plugged,
he is unable to plug it correctly.

Can I find somewhere a set with headphones and speaker I could connect
to the TV and some kind of remote control so he could change between
them without leaving his bed?

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Henri Beyle wrote:

Hi,
Here is the situation.
An old manin a retirement home would like to watch TV without awaking
it's neighbours at night.
But he can't walk to the TV, plug the earphone at the Tv's back and
undo it the next morning.

Because it's at the back and awkward to get to ? How about a TV with an
earphone jack on the front ?

The sound from the TV is muted the second you plug the earphone jack
into its socket. And when I leave him without the the earphone plugged,
he is unable to plug it correctly.

Can you explain why a little more ? Just accessibilty problems ?

Can I find somewhere a set with headphones and speaker I could connect
to the TV and some kind of remote control so he could change between
them without leaving his bed?

Most unlikely I'd have thought.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Henri Beyle Henri Beyle is offline

Eeyore a pensé très fort :

Henri Beyle wrote:

Hi,
Here is the situation.
An old manin a retirement home would like to watch TV without awaking
it's neighbours at night.
But he can't walk to the TV, plug the earphone at the Tv's back and
undo it the next morning.

Because it's at the back and awkward to get to ? How about a TV with an
earphone jack on the front ?

Well I don't think he s ready to throw away his flat-screen Toshiba.
;-)
He can't walk and can't stay on his feet long enough to find the small
jack plug behind it's screen.
Whenever it would have a front jack, he can't leave his bed.

The sound from the TV is muted the second you plug the earphone jack
into its socket. And when I leave him without the the earphone plugged,
he is unable to plug it correctly.

Can you explain why a little more ? Just accessibilty problems ?

What ever you plug in the headphone out jack, it mute the built-in
speaker.
What would be great would be the possibility of choosing what he wants
to have the sound coming out from.
Since he has a wireless headphone, a button on the TVR's remote control
would be perfect. But it doesn't.

Since we can't change that, I think the best is to let something
pluggeed at the back of the TVR and then choose between external
speaker and headphone.
It courld be pseakers with a biult in IR receiver or a Dual audio out
box with the IR (or Bluethooth why not?) receiver.

If someone involved in this kind of product read this : remember the
elder people are more and more every day. It's a mass market !

Can I find somewhere a set with headphones and speaker I could connect
to the TV and some kind of remote control so he could change between
them without leaving his bed?

Most unlikely I'd have thought.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Badmuts Badmuts is offline

Just a thought:
Why not hook up the IR headphones transmitter to the line out of the TV or
the SCART audio out? These outputs are usually unaffected by the volume or
mute setting on the TV. TV speakers could simply be muted thru the remote.

ghij118 ghij118 is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy welcome to www.ccgolds.com

runescapemaple storymaple story mesosrunescape goldrunescape moneywelcome to www.goldsrunescape.com to buy runescape money.