Posted to rec.audio.misc
Bryan[_2_] Bryan[_2_] is offline

Default Audio software?

Can anyone here give me some recommendations for audio software? I've
been using Audacity for over a month now to rip my record collection
to CD's and I like the fact that it's free. But I'm finding the
program somewhat limiting as far as equalization and adding reverb is
concerned. It doesn't work in realtime. So you must first make the
edit THEN see how it sounds. I did this nearly a dozen times and still
couldn't get the sound I wanted. What I need is an "equalizer" and
reverb that I can adjust while listening to the track. Any software
recomendations?
Bryan

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Bryan" wrote in message

Can anyone here give me some recommendations for audio
software? I've been using Audacity for over a month now
to rip my record collection to CD's and I like the fact
that it's free. But I'm finding the program somewhat
limiting as far as equalization and adding reverb is
concerned. It doesn't work in realtime. So you must first
make the edit THEN see how it sounds. I did this nearly a
dozen times and still couldn't get the sound I wanted.
What I need is an "equalizer" and reverb that I can
adjust while listening to the track. Any software
recommendations?

Audition has a preview feature that allows you to adjust various EFX
(including Eq) in real time and hear your adjustments immediately.

Posted to rec.audio.misc
don ward don ward is offline

One of the least expensive with a reasonable set of effects and
restoration tools comes from DAK 2000.
For more professional software I use Diamond Cut DC 5 that costs about
$200 with all kinds of "tools" for record restoration.
If you want to assemble some of your own go for Click repair and noise
reduction get them from Brian Davies " they
are $20/30 each and work great. In some ways better than the $200
DC7.
Hope this helps
dnw

In article
,
Bryan wrote:

Can anyone here give me some recommendations for audio software? I've
been using Audacity for over a month now to rip my record collection
to CD's and I like the fact that it's free. But I'm finding the
program somewhat limiting as far as equalization and adding reverb is
concerned. It doesn't work in realtime. So you must first make the
edit THEN see how it sounds. I did this nearly a dozen times and still
couldn't get the sound I wanted. What I need is an "equalizer" and
reverb that I can adjust while listening to the track. Any software
recomendations?
Bryan

Posted to rec.audio.misc
John Brine John Brine is offline

It's not much, but Audacity supports VST and Nyquist plugins. go to
audacity.sourceforge.net and there's a vst bridge to be getting. Throw
that in your audacity plugins folder, then put your plugins in the right
spot, restart Audacity and there you go. I got an Exciter plugin for
nothing, which is a good price, I think. Although, true, you can't edit
in realtime, hey, free is free. Oh, and I also got a 15 band eq, rather
than Audacity's built-in sliderule eq

just my 2 cents

John B

Audio Software Ashley Pro Audio 4 August 8th 05 09:54 PM
Audio software (apps) -- On the "main" HD or on "Audio" HD? [email protected] Pro Audio 3 April 2nd 05 08:42 PM
DAW Software Audio Quality IAN Pro Audio 9 June 21st 04 05:01 AM
FA: AUDIO ALCHEMY PRO32 w/- AD.3 software & PS2, Audio Magic Reference I2S cable n/r. shane Marketplace 0 September 28th 03 01:40 PM
PC audio test software Geoff Wood Tech 1 August 29th 03 02:10 PM