Posted to rec.audio.misc
Gin Gin is offline

Default Remote-control battery replacement?

Hello;

The nifty little credit card sized remote control on my Mini desktop
hi-fi has gone kaput. I assume the battery is dead. Can anyone tell me
how to replace this battery? I cannot find any information on the
Philips website.

Regards,

Gin

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Mike S. Mike S. is offline

In article .com,
Gin wrote:
Hello;

The nifty little credit card sized remote control on my Mini desktop
hi-fi has gone kaput. I assume the battery is dead. Can anyone tell me
how to replace this battery? I cannot find any information on the
Philips website.

The ones designed to allow battery replacement usually store the battery
in a small drawer on rear edge of the underside of the remote. It is kept
in place by a little friction catch which is released by pressing the two
visible levers towards each other. When properly compressed, the latches
release and you cna slide the drawer out. Once it comes out, the
means of replacement should be obvious.