Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default MODO Bass Review Posted

This is IK Multimedia's physically modeled electric bass virtual
instrument. It offers an amazing amount of tinkerability that relates
directly to the features of the instrument itself and how the player
attacks it rather than fooling with filters, waveforms, or samples.

If you never thought about why one electric bass sounds different from
another one (I never have), it's a fun learning tool, too, as well as a
practical virtual bass.

My cross between a review and a technical article is at:

https://mikeriversaudio.files.wordpr...revarticle.pdf

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Mike Rivers wrote:
This is IK Multimedia's physically modeled electric bass virtual
instrument. It offers an amazing amount of tinkerability that relates
directly to the features of the instrument itself and how the player
attacks it rather than fooling with filters, waveforms, or samples.

If you never thought about why one electric bass sounds different from
another one (I never have), it's a fun learning tool, too, as well as a
practical virtual bass.

My cross between a review and a technical article is at:

https://mikeriversaudio.files.wordpr...revarticle.pdf

I watch a few Subreddits related to things like this, and you're
starting to see people ask about how to eliminate bass players. So
I wonder if it's not part of that trend.

--
Les Cargill
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 4/2/2017 11:30 AM, Les Cargill wrote:
I watch a few Subreddits related to things like this, and you're
starting to see people ask about how to eliminate bass players. So
I wonder if it's not part of that trend.

How is this different from any other music production tool? It doesn't
play the bass, it just makes the sounds.

You could, however, argue that it's a way to eliminate the electric
bass. Just like you can eliminate a piano with a good virtual piano -
but you can't eliminate someone who makes music with it (who might not
be able to play a real piano).

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Les Cargill wrote:
I watch a few Subreddits related to things like this, and you're
starting to see people ask about how to eliminate bass players. So
I wonder if it's not part of that trend.

Oh, the Mellotron is going to eliminate all musicians, don't worry.
It says so in the ads so it must be true.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 3/04/2017 4:01 AM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 4/2/2017 11:30 AM, Les Cargill wrote:
I watch a few Subreddits related to things like this, and you're
starting to see people ask about how to eliminate bass players. So
I wonder if it's not part of that trend.

How is this different from any other music production tool? It doesn't
play the bass, it just makes the sounds.

You could, however, argue that it's a way to eliminate the electric
bass. Just like you can eliminate a piano with a good virtual piano -
but you can't eliminate someone who makes music with it (who might not
be able to play a real piano).

Just like drums got eliminated when Roland brought out the T-R808 .

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 3/04/2017 8:08 a.m., geoff wrote:
On 3/04/2017 4:01 AM, Mike Rivers wrote:

You could, however, argue that it's a way to eliminate the electric
bass. Just like you can eliminate a piano with a good virtual piano -
but you can't eliminate someone who makes music with it (who might not
be able to play a real piano).

Just like drums got eliminated when Roland brought out the T-R808 .

geoff

And having posted that 2 hours ago, I now find that Ikutaro Kakehashi
has just passed away.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39471567

geoff