Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default OT - My new headphones

http://www.brookstone.com/pd/wired-c...s/990635p.html

Well not exactly. Fixing them for a sweet young thing cos they fell
apart after 2 weeks, and where she purchased them from doesn't do
warranty on international sales.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

geoff wrote:
http://www.brookstone.com/pd/wired-c...s/990635p.html

Well not exactly. Fixing them for a sweet young thing cos they fell
apart after 2 weeks, and where she purchased them from doesn't do
warranty on international sales.

I like the idea. Wonder if there is an aftermarket ear retrofit available
for the Grados.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 2/02/2017 1:52 PM, geoff wrote:
http://www.brookstone.com/pd/wired-c...s/990635p.html

Well not exactly. Fixing them for a sweet young thing cos they fell
apart after 2 weeks, and where she purchased them from doesn't do
warranty on international sales.

What a stupid gimmick, I'd rather have the speakers on the desk than
extra weight on my head for the very unlikely times I actually want
simultaneous headphones and speakers anyway. Especially when running
wireless and thus using more battery power to run both.

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 9:52:51 PM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
http://www.brookstone.com/pd/wired-c...s/990635p.html

Well not exactly. Fixing them for a sweet young thing cos they fell
apart after 2 weeks, and where she purchased them from doesn't do
warranty on international sales.

geoff

A sweet young thing fixed them for you, you ol' geezer.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

On 03 Feb 2017, Trevor wrote in rec.audio.pro:

On 2/02/2017 1:52 PM, geoff wrote:
http://www.brookstone.com/pd/wired-c...s/990635p.html

What a stupid gimmick, I'd rather have the speakers on the desk than
extra weight on my head for the very unlikely times I actually want
simultaneous headphones and speakers anyway. Especially when running
wireless and thus using more battery power to run both.

Of course it's stupid gimmick. But if you read the description, the
"ears" not for YOU to listen to, but for those times you want to "share
with friends" and "make a statement". I suspect this product was not
designed or marketed with you in mind.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Nil wrote:
On 03 Feb 2017, Trevor wrote in rec.audio.pro:

On 2/02/2017 1:52 PM, geoff wrote:
http://www.brookstone.com/pd/wired-c...s/990635p.html

What a stupid gimmick, I'd rather have the speakers on the desk than
extra weight on my head for the very unlikely times I actually want
simultaneous headphones and speakers anyway. Especially when running
wireless and thus using more battery power to run both.

Of course it's stupid gimmick. But if you read the description, the
"ears" not for YOU to listen to, but for those times you want to "share
with friends" and "make a statement". I suspect this product was not
designed or marketed with you in mind.

To be honest, I'd rather have yak horns myself.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 4/02/2017 10:06 AM, Nil wrote:
On 03 Feb 2017, Trevor wrote in rec.audio.pro:

On 2/02/2017 1:52 PM, geoff wrote:
http://www.brookstone.com/pd/wired-c...s/990635p.html

What a stupid gimmick, I'd rather have the speakers on the desk than
extra weight on my head for the very unlikely times I actually want
simultaneous headphones and speakers anyway. Especially when running
wireless and thus using more battery power to run both.

Of course it's stupid gimmick. But if you read the description, the
"ears" not for YOU to listen to, but for those times you want to "share
with friends" and "make a statement". I suspect this product was not
designed or marketed with you in mind.

.... AND flash lights. How cool is that !

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 4/02/2017 8:06 AM, Nil wrote:
On 03 Feb 2017, Trevor wrote in rec.audio.pro:
On 2/02/2017 1:52 PM, geoff wrote:
http://www.brookstone.com/pd/wired-c...s/990635p.html

What a stupid gimmick, I'd rather have the speakers on the desk than
extra weight on my head for the very unlikely times I actually want
simultaneous headphones and speakers anyway. Especially when running
wireless and thus using more battery power to run both.

Of course it's stupid gimmick. But if you read the description, the
"ears" not for YOU to listen to, but for those times you want to "share
with friends" and "make a statement".

Well duh, and why do you think desk speakers cannot do that adequately?
I'd rather make a statement about the music than how stupid I look and
how much more money than sense I would have to buy crap like that.

I suspect this product was not designed or marketed with you in mind.

Of course it isn't, as I indicated I'm not into pointless gimmicks.

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 4/02/2017 8:45 PM, Trevor wrote:
On 4/02/2017 8:06 AM, Nil wrote:
[...]

Clearly you took too many 'serious tablets' that morning .

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 03/02/2017 22:15, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Nil wrote:
Of course it's stupid gimmick. But if you read the description, the
"ears" not for YOU to listen to, but for those times you want to "share
with friends" and "make a statement". I suspect this product was not
designed or marketed with you in mind.

To be honest, I'd rather have yak horns myself.

Mode=cynic They'd probably sound better.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Nil wrote:
Of course it's stupid gimmick. But if you read the description, the
"ears" not for YOU to listen to, but for those times you want to "share
with friends" and "make a statement". I suspect this product was not
designed or marketed with you in mind.

To be honest, I'd rather have yak horns myself.

Mode=cynic They'd probably sound better.

Better than Klipschorn ?

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ralph Barone[_3_] Ralph Barone[_3_] is offline

Nil wrote:
Of course it's stupid gimmick. But if you read the description, the
"ears" not for YOU to listen to, but for those times you want to "share
with friends" and "make a statement". I suspect this product was not
designed or marketed with you in mind.

To be honest, I'd rather have yak horns myself.

Mode=cynic They'd probably sound better.

Better than Klipschorn ?

geoff

Maybe not as good sounding, but easier to walk around with two clipped to
your head :-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

On 04 Feb 2017, Ralph Barone wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

geoff wrote:
On 4/02/2017 11:53 PM, John Williamson wrote:
On 03/02/2017 22:15, Scott Dorsey wrote:

To be honest, I'd rather have yak horns myself.

Mode=cynic They'd probably sound better.

Better than Klipschorn ?

geoff

Maybe not as good sounding, but easier to walk around with two
clipped to your head :-)

What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 4/02/2017 8:06 AM, Nil wrote:
[...]

So that's the market is it, those who have taken too far many "happy"
pills and fried their brains?

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 5/02/2017 10:02 AM, Nil wrote:
What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger.

Or just makes you wish you were dead.

Trevor.

Headphones? Ger High End Audio 4 June 11th 08 12:10 AM
does anyone like the AKG K-400 headphones? andrejs eigus Pro Audio 3 September 28th 07 12:54 AM
USB Headphones hack - Soldering a 3.5mm plug instead of the headphones [email protected] Tech 10 September 17th 07 11:39 PM
[eBay] FS: Headphones AKAI ASE 22, nice headphones vintage ... very low starting price ... 2 Euro!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Meadow_61 Marketplace 0 November 11th 06 10:00 PM
Seeking Recommendations for Open Headphones and Closed Headphones Mike Audio Opinions 1 September 1st 06 01:51 AM