Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Ed Presson[_2_] Ed Presson[_2_] is offline

Default Martin Logan CLX

Does anyone know of a dealer on the west coast that has a CLX in the store
that I can hear? I tried visiting the M-L website, but could not find a
direct answer there....and did not find an email address to query M-L
directly. I probably didn't look enough in depth, but would appreciate
help.

Ed Presson

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio_Empire[_2_] Audio_Empire[_2_] is offline

On Saturday, November 2, 2013 7:57:00 PM UTC-7, Ed Presson wrote:

Does anyone know of a dealer on the west coast that has a CLX in the store
that I can hear? I tried visiting the M-L website, but could not find a
direct answer there....and did not find an email address to query M-L
directly. I probably didn't look enough in depth, but would appreciate
help.

Ed Presson

Many Magnolia hi-fi shops (usually found inside of larger Best Buy stores) will
have the CLX. I know that the Magnolia in Santana Row, San Jose, CA, has them
and there is M-L dealer in Burlingame CA on the SF Peninsula that also has a
pair on display. I envy you if you are in a position to purchase these speakers
(and doubly so if you have the room for them). They are the best speakers I've
ever heard. So transparent, that they will make your jaw drop! But they do need
the matching M-L subwoofer as they have little bass below about 50 Hz. Also,
they are amplifier picky and I can tell you from experience that they don't like
tubes and they don't like McIntosh's solid-state amplifiers.
Posted to rec.audio.high-end

"Audio_Empire" wrote in message ...

[...]

Thanks. I'll check with the local Magnolia stores. I doubt that I'm in the
position of a potential buyer, especially given the need for additional M-L
subwoofers; but I'm curious.

Decades ago I heard the original CLS and was blown away by the incredible
detail. Disappointingly, however, they were like a high-definition
hologram: sharp detail but no body to the sound. As a symphony attendee,
that lack ruled the CLS out, for me. My memory of that experience is enough
to want to hear the CLX.

Thanks again.