Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Digiman Digiman is offline

Default Finally.

Some (none) of you will remember I some time ago questioned this group about
a good RIAA-stage. I got some good advice, especially from Mr. Audio Empire,
and i kept on looking.
Now, the hunt is over. I purchased a Audio Research SP-14 pre-amplifier.
And its good :-). There is such a presence of vocal in the room, and when
vocal is good,the rest follows.
(Im norwegian, excuse my limited vocabulary) so I will not go into further
detail. What i inted to say here is that I've found peace, Im satisfied. I
guess thats a rare thing in this business..
I know there's a lot of oldtimers in here with a lot of experience, Pierce
and Empire comes to mind, any experiences with this unit?
_______
Digiman

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"Digiman" wrote in message
Some (none) of you will remember I some time ago questioned this group
about
a good RIAA-stage. I got some good advice, especially from Mr. Audio
Empire,
and i kept on looking.
Now, the hunt is over. I purchased a Audio Research SP-14 pre-amplifier.
And its good :-). There is such a presence of vocal in the room, and when
vocal is good,the rest follows.
(Im norwegian, excuse my limited vocabulary) so I will not go into further
detail. What i inted to say here is that I've found peace, Im satisfied. I
guess thats a rare thing in this business..
I know there's a lot of oldtimers in here with a lot of experience, Pierce
and Empire comes to mind, any experiences with this unit?
_______
Digiman

Not with the SP-14 except by reputation. But I lived happily with the
also-renowned SP-6B from 1980 until just last year.....and there are very
few better phono preamps out there.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 18:31:59 -0700, Digiman wrote
(in article ):

Some (none) of you will remember I some time ago questioned this group about
a good RIAA-stage. I got some good advice, especially from Mr. Audio Empire,
and i kept on looking.
Now, the hunt is over. I purchased a Audio Research SP-14 pre-amplifier.
And its good :-). There is such a presence of vocal in the room, and when
vocal is good,the rest follows.
(Im norwegian, excuse my limited vocabulary) so I will not go into further
detail. What i inted to say here is that I've found peace, Im satisfied. I
guess thats a rare thing in this business..
I know there's a lot of oldtimers in here with a lot of experience, Pierce
and Empire comes to mind, any experiences with this unit?
_______
Digiman

AR equipment is very good. They have good designs and use the highest quality
components. For many years I used both an SP-9, then an SP-11. I recently
sold the SP-11 and got $3500 for it even though it was more than 20 years
old! Shows how well good tube equipment holds its value! It still sounded
magnificent the day I sold it.

You made a good choice, I think. Good luck.

Audio_Empire
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Edmund[_2_] Edmund[_2_] is offline

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 03:34:09 +0000, Audio Empire wrote:

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 18:31:59 -0700, Digiman wrote (in article
):

[...]

Ough, it hold it price value an awful lot better that its technical specs I guess. :-)