Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Tony Pike Tony Pike is offline

Default Melos schematic

Does anyone have a schematic for a Melos TM-90 ST power amplifier? I
believe I have a blown output transformer, amongst other probs.....

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Tony Pike Tony Pike is offline

I have had no luck in a schematic, but have made progress to replacing 2
resistors and 1 diode so that 1 of the 3 fuses doesn't burn out anymore.
When the amp is turned on, in 1 minute one KT 88 gets fire red (Brand new
Electro Harminex valve) and 1 6LU8 does the same thing. I turned it off and
that's how it sits. Both these tubes are on the same circut, left bank. Any
suggestions as to whre I go from here????
Regards,
Tony.....
"Tony Pike" wrote in message
Does anyone have a schematic for a Melos TM-90 ST power amplifier? I
believe I have a blown output transformer, amongst other probs.....

John Cook John Cook is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Pike View Post
Does anyone have a schematic for a Melos TM-90 ST power amplifier? I
believe I have a blown output transformer, amongst other probs.....
Hello Tony,

I have a schematic that I drew for the melos tm 90st, however I modified the screen power supply to a series pass regulator instead of the shunt regulator that George Melos designed. It was prone to failure.

If you would like a copy will be happy to send your way. I have two of these amps with the mods I made, they are very reliable and sound great.

The 6LU8 is a Plate supply regulator (cathode follower). If the KT88 is getting hot you have lost bias control on that tube. Sometimes the window comparator (LM339) gets fried and the bias LEDS don't work right. adjust the bias pot so that the cathode resistor has about 0.43 volts across it .

Regulated Plate voltage should be 575 Vdc
Screen voltage should be 325Vdc
Negative grid bias should be -26 to -31Vdc

Melos schematic Tony Pike Vacuum Tubes 0 October 18th 06 05:34 AM
Need schematic to prevent forest fire. 4Q2 Vacuum Tubes 0 November 17th 05 01:35 AM
Errors in my PP error correction schematic! Patrick Turner Vacuum Tubes 3 September 11th 04 07:52 PM
need schematic for Bell 3D/3DT Lee C. Tech 0 January 6th 04 10:48 PM
HH Scott 222D amplifier schematic Clyde R. Shappee Vacuum Tubes 4 September 27th 03 05:03 AM