Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Robert Peirce Robert Peirce is offline

Default Perpetual Technologies P-3A

I don't know if anybody is still using one of these but I am trying to
figure something out. The unit is supposed to detect the input bit rate
and has the following display:

Red 44.1
Orange 48
Green 96

However, when I connect a CD player that I know puts out 44.1, the green
light comes on. I tested this because the green light was on for the
optical input from my Apple TV and I didn't think it was putting out 96.

The unit upsamples to 96, so I wonder if this light represents the
signal after upsampling rather than before.

Does anybody know?

Anagram Technologies Peter Audio Opinions 2 October 2nd 05 07:50 AM
Anagram Technologies Peter Tech 2 October 2nd 05 07:50 AM
Capsules types and technologies Jean Marie MATHIEU Pro Audio 32 December 14th 04 04:22 PM
db Technologies Support in the USA hank alrich Pro Audio 0 October 29th 04 06:38 AM
What happened to perpetual technologies? andy High End Audio 28 December 2nd 03 07:35 AM