Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Andrew Haley Andrew Haley is offline

Default Multi-channel high-end music player?

I've been looking at something like the Logitech Squeezebox for
convenient storage of recorded music. However, these devices all seem
to be stereo only, and I have a bunch of multi-channel SACDs that I'd
like to play. There doesn't seem to be any way to rip SACDs, so I
suppose I'd have to record them via the analog connections onto a
multi-channel PC soundcard. So, rather than something like a
Squeezebox, perhaps I could use a dedicated PC, although it wouldn't
be as convenient.

So, does anyone here have any suggestions about

a. A suitable soundcard (HDMI output would be nice)
b. Suitable software to do the multi-channel record and playback

Or maybe there is some nice multi-channel alternative to the
Squeezebox. Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Andrew.
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Andrew Haley" wrote in
message
I've been looking at something like the Logitech
Squeezebox for convenient storage of recorded music.
However, these devices all seem to be stereo only, and I
have a bunch of multi-channel SACDs that I'd like to
play. There doesn't seem to be any way to rip SACDs, so
I suppose I'd have to record them via the analog
connections onto a multi-channel PC soundcard. So,
rather than something like a Squeezebox, perhaps I could
use a dedicated PC, although it wouldn't be as
convenient.

So, does anyone here have any suggestions about

a. A suitable soundcard (HDMI output would be nice)

HDMI outputs, being primarily video, will be found on computer video
interfaces, whether implemented as plug-in cards or on the system board.

b. Suitable software to do the multi-channel record and
playback

The usual convention for decoding audio with video is to rely on the decoder
in the TV set or multimedia receiver.