Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Reading and intelligence lesson for the Three Stooges

Many people, myself included, believe that the more one reads the
smarter one becomes.

Of the three least intelligent posters here (do I even need to name
them? Oh, what the heck. Let's get it on the table! Bratzi, Senator
Sugar and 2pid. LoL.) one (Senator Sugar) has freely admitted that he
doesn't read at all. That wasn't really a very big surprise.

Another, Bratzi, only seems able to read neo-Nazi tripe from dullards
who think exactly like he does. Bratzi doesn't seem capable of
analyzing and digesting information on its own merits. He's just a
parrot and about as smart.

It's the third one that I find most incredible. Apparently his
literary diet (if it can be called that) is very much like Bratzi's in
that he can only peruse dull blogs that entirely agree with his rather
limited world view. He has stated that it's all "just differing POVs",
insuring (to him) that mediocrity gets the same credence as
brilliance. If there's no good art or no bad art, no intelligent art
or no dumb art, then there's no difference between Michaelangelo's
"David" and the crayon scribbles of a three-year-old.

Maybe that's how people like 2pid can survive in the world. It cannot
be fun to be the dumbest person at any gathering. It's best to try to
socialize intelligence so that all views are equal. LoL.

Or it's possible that 2pid is more like the Senator and doesn't read
at all. He's been asked very politely what he reads several times and
perhaps he's just too embarrassed to admit that he doesn't read at
all.

In a (probably vain) attempt to help these three better understand the
world around them, I offer this person's perspective on why reading
various types of literature is important for increasing intelligence:

http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/the...-intelligence/

Here are some other tips for our three resident "Einsteins":

http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/5-s...-intelligence/

And there's an interesting correlation chart here that shows what you
read correlates with SAT scores. One of my favorites, Catch-22, is
over on the right. But 2pid probably beats me. Looking at his social
skills I have to imagine that "100 years of Solitude" is one of his
favorites:

http://booksthatmakeyoudumb.virgil.gr/

And finally, 2pid, there's this:

"The National Honor Society says that 64 percent of its members —
outstanding high school students — are girls. Some colleges give
special help to male applicants — yes, that’s affirmative action for
white males — to avoid skewed sex ratios."

"Mr. Whitmire argues that the basic problem is an increased emphasis
on verbal skills, often taught in sedate ways that bore boys. “The
world has gotten more verbal,” he writes. “Boys haven’t.”

The upshot, he writes, is that boys get frustrated, act out, and learn
to dislike school. “Poor reading skills snowball through the grades,”
he writes. “By fifth grade, a child at the bottom of the class reads
only about 60,000 words a year in and out of school, compared to a
child in the middle of the class who reads about 800,000 words a
year.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/28/op...28kristof.html

And this:

•Reading enriches the inner world of a person, improves grammar and
spelling.
•Through reading people learn to understand different ways of thinking
and feelings of other people, become more flexible and open-minded.
•Avid readers not only read and write better than those who read less,
but also process information faster. The research presented by the
Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology proves that poor readers have
poorer short-memory functions [1].
•As a result, avid readers have a broader outlook, are quicker to
analyze facts and find connections between seemingly unrelated ideas.

http://personaldevelopment.suite101....reading_skills

So if you want to become a good writer like I am, 2pid, the simple
answer is to read more.

Duh. LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Moe: "Mmm... me want pastry! And mincemeat pie, too! Snicker."

Larry: "Eek-eek! Ouh-ouh! Me want banana! And diet soda, too! Ouh-ouh! Eek-eek!"

Shhhhemp: "SHLURP! Me want smegma! And jism, too! LoL!"

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 19, 7:50*pm, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Moe: "Mmm... me want pastry! And mincemeat pie, too! Snicker."

Larry: "Eek-eek! Ouh-ouh! Me want banana! And diet soda, too! Ouh-ouh! Eek-eek!"

Shhhhemp: "SHLURP! Me want smegma! And jism, too! LoL!"

Bratzi: "I am unequivocally the poster with the most retreated
intellect on RAO."

Senator Sugar: "I don't have time to read and there's no money in it."

2pid: "Duh!"
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jilly's jalopy's tires (and her falsies) simultaneously sprung leaks and all
went flatter than a Maggie speaker:

Moe: "Mmm... me want pastry! And mincemeat pie, too! Snicker."

Larry: "Eek-eek! Ouh-ouh! Me want banana! And diet soda, too! Ouh-ouh!
Eek-eek!"

Shhhhemp: "SHLURP! Me want smegma! And jism, too! LoL!"

Bratzi: "I am unequivocally the poster with the most retreated
intellect on RAO."

Senator Sugar: "I don't have time to read and there's no money in it."

2pid: "Duh!"

---------

What pathetic me-tooisms, old girl. LoL!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 19, 9:03*pm, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Jilly's jalopy's tires (and her falsies) simultaneously sprung leaks and all
went flatter than a Maggie speaker:

Moe: "Mmm... me want pastry! And mincemeat pie, too! Snicker."

Larry: "Eek-eek! Ouh-ouh! Me want banana! And diet soda, too! Ouh-ouh!
Eek-eek!"

Shhhhemp: "SHLURP! Me want smegma! And jism, too! LoL!"

Bratzi: "I am unequivocally the poster with the most retreated
intellect on RAO."

Senator Sugar: "I don't have time to read and there's no money in it."

2pid: "Duh!"

---------

What pathetic me-tooisms, old girl. LoL!

There's this difference though. The three of you really are dumb, you
voluntarily. And wasn't you who said "you lose" because making things
up is an automatic loss?

You lose, old girl. CHA-CHING!!! LoL.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jilly's jalopy's tires (and her falsies) simultaneously sprung leaks and all
went flatter than a Maggie speaker:

Moe: "Mmm... me want pastry! And mincemeat pie, too! Snicker."

Larry: "Eek-eek! Ouh-ouh! Me want banana! And diet soda, too! Ouh-ouh!
Eek-eek!"

Shhhhemp: "SHLURP! Me want smegma! And jism, too! LoL!"

Bratzi: "I am unequivocally the poster with the most retreated
intellect on RAO."

Senator Sugar: "I don't have time to read and there's no money in it."

2pid: "Duh!"

---------

What pathetic me-tooisms, old girl. LoL!

There's this difference though. The three of you really are dumb, you
voluntarily [sic].

Duh!

And wasn't you who said "you lose" because making things up is an automatic
loss?

I said deceptively altering what someone else has written is an automatic lose.

Double Duh!

You lose, old girl. CHA-CHING!!! LoL.

Sorry, old girl, but no SCORE, no CHA-CHINGH, no dice and NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Senator Sugar's foot-tapping interrupts his "ability" to spell:

Sorry, old girl, but no SCORE, no CHA-CHINGH (sic)

Learn to spell "CHING", old girl.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jilly's jalopy fell apart:

Sorry, old girl, but no SCORE, no CHA-CHINGH (sic)

Learn to spell "CHING", old girl.

Snipped out the "Duh!" and "Double Duh!" parts, eh, old girl? LoL!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Senator Sugar taps out his confusion:

Jilly's jalopy fell apart:

Sorry, old girl, but no SCORE, no CHA-CHINGH (sic)

Learn to spell "CHING", old girl.

Snipped

Thank you from all of humanity on your recent vasectomy. You are aware
that your tap-dance partners won't get impregnated, aren't you?

Anyway, we're all grateful that there's no chance of procreation if
you should ever swing the other way.