Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Default TREME!

New series on HBO premiered tonight, focusing on a neighborhood in
NOLA whose residents ae trying to recover form Katrina. Lots of NO
music! and lots of NO culture (including MArdis Gras Indians). Series
is brought to you by Cavid Simon and other fold who did The Wire.
Jenn might like this, one of the lead characters is a trombonist.
(played by Wendell Pierce from The Wire)

music by Rebirth Brass Band, Allen Toussaint, Kermit Ruffins, Treme
Brass Band, and Galactic, among others
Steve Eale and Elvism Costello appear.

The first episode was a killer, I really like the oddball Steve Zahn.
John Goodman is also in it. Clarke Peters (the Wire) plays a Mardis
Gras Indian Chief.
LOts of references to real people, such as Chief Monk Boudreaux.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Apr 11, 11:52�pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
New series on HBO premiered tonight, focusing on a neighborhood in
NOLA whose residents ae trying to recover form Katrina. Lots of NO
music! and lots of NO culture (including MArdis Gras Indians). Series
is brought to you by Cavid Simon and other fold who did The Wire.
Jenn might like this, one of the lead characters is a trombonist.
(played by Wendell Pierce from �The Wire)

music by Rebirth Brass Band, Allen Toussaint, Kermit Ruffins, Treme
Brass Band, and Galactic, among others
Steve Eale and Elvism Costello appear.

The first episode was a killer, I really like the oddball Steve Zahn.
John Goodman is also in it. Clarke Peters (the Wire) plays a Mardis
Gras Indian Chief.
LOts of references to real people, such as Chief Monk Boudreaux.

I heard an interview on NPR the other day with the creators (David
Simon and a couple of others). It does look like it would be
excellent. I'll try to check it out later in the week.