Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default Ending this depression in 90 days

I bet I could do it if sufficiently empowered. Probably, many others
could as well, many probably better than I could.

Here's what I'd do:

1. Admit Social Security as currently configured IS a Ponzi scheme
and phase in a long term phase out. Everyone now over 50 would be
protected by general fund financing of what was promised them, except
for those with net , buffered (not counting one domicile under $500K)
assets over 15 times tha average yearly salary, where a prorated
means test would apply. People from 30 to 50 would be prorated, under
30, so solly. Remove the $90K cap on a progressive basis for the
30-50s and altogether over 50.

2. Announce we are resigning our position as World Empire and going
back to being a republic, and pulling out of Europe, Japan, South
Korea and the Middle East (and wherever else). We will allow South
Korea and Taiwan the option of fully financing, with our personnel as
weapons custodians and ship's complement sailors, one nuclear carrier
with ten tactical nukes and two boomers with full MIRVed missiles,
apiece. They will provide the air squadrons on the carriers and we
will share positive nuke consent (i.e., both parties have to approve a
PAL nuke arming and a release) with each respective operator.

3. Make any kind of affirmative action on any grounds illegal at
federal, state or local levels.

4. Put tariffs and environmental and product liability offset fees on
imported goods.

5. Declare American English the official language of the United
States and prohibit use of any other for elections. All prospective
voters must pass a test in American English of civics and
constitutional government on a fifth grade level, to be graded in a
way that the graders cannot know the gender, ethnicity or color of the
testee. Any ineligible person who votes or attempts to do so shall be
jailed for one year or permanently deported immediately as
appropriate.

6. Prohibit any individual holding dual citizenship from serving as a
military officer or in a Federal elected or appointed office.

7. Abolish the H-1B visa program. Restrict legal immigration
according to a formula that uses unemployment rates and desireable-
population-level assessments to determine totals allowed and uses a
"points system". to select the best from amongst the applicants.

8. Implement confiscatiory fines and criminal prosecution for
management for employers of illegal aliens and hold anyone employing
an illegal alien strictly , and jointly and severally liable for all
health care, correctional, and judicial costs incurred by said illegal
alien.