Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default The Alien and Sedition Acts

The Alien and Sedition Acts

"It is usually said that the court protects our constitutional rights. This is the major argument that has led us to the point that, today, the Court IS the Constitution. As a matter of fact the United States its free speech crisis before Marshall became Chief Justice, and Marshall in 1801 began, timidly, the process of making the Court into the Constitution.

It should be particularly important to the dozen or so Americans who
actually know our history that the British courts, in the case of hate
crimes, have reintituted the doctrine of “The truth is no defense.”
That was the theme of the last Federalist Congress in the two years of
the Alien and Sedition Acts.

That crisis is also familiar for us today. American feared the Terror
of the French Revolution. In 1798 the Federalists won a huge victory
in congressional election because Jefferson’s Republicans showed
hostility to Britain and accommodation to the French.

With its overwhelming majority President Adams and his Federalists
passed the Alien and Sedition Acts which put Jefferson and all
opposition under threat of imprisonment. This was an attempt to keep
any real opposition party. It almost succeeded.

Criticism of Federalist policy became a crime. It was a Gag Law. No
one knew exactly what violated the law until one was arrested.

Above all, the opposition could not tell the truth. Truth was not a
defense. Truth is, after all, all an opposition has to fight with. It
is not coincidental that people in power want truth to be no defense.
If truth is a defense, you KNOW what you CAN say.

So in 1799 hundreds of opposition were put in prison. In response to
French Terror, we had our own Terror.

Sound familiar?

Another note that would be familiar in Britain today was that the
courts not only didn’t defend the Constitution, they ruled that the
truth did not matter, they ruled that what DID matter was giving
offense, truthfully or untruthfully, to a certain group of people.
That certain group of people in 1799 was public officials rather than
minorities but the principle was exactly the same.

Today any inconvenient truth is racism, just as the excuse then was
that truth was anti-government.

The Alien and Sedition Acts were a combination of Bush’s War on Terror
and liberal Hate Laws.

The gag laws did not work. But it was the PEOPLE who reversed them. In
1800, largely because the Federalists had demonstrated that they were
as despotic as the most extreme Republican had claimed, were defeated
overwhelmingly for the presidency as well as congress.

After the Alien and Sedition Acts, the Federalists got less votes at
every election until they soon ceased to exist. Their last office
holder was Chief Justice Marshall, appointed by Adams as he left
office in 1801. One of the architects of the Alien and Sedition Acts
became Chief Justice.

When Marshall took over the Court, all its members had been appointed
by Federalists and all of them supported the Alien and Sedition Acts.
They began, timidly at first, to rule that the court was there to keep
the voters in line. There were seven of them then.

Those seven men faced an electorate which totally rejected
unchallenged rule by the oligarchy represented by the Federalists.
Congress and President Jefferson were, specifically, against the idea
that the truth was no defense. In 1801 every member of the Court was
for it.

The Court began to slowly to extend its power under Marshall’s
leadership.

Then as now, the Court began to use its power for the powers that be
and against the people."

http://www.whitakeronline.org/blog/2...-the-mantra-2/
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Bret L -

What is your basic program? Why do you think anyone wants to read all these
messages? Why do you keep doing this?

Gary Eickmeier

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Feb 5, 8:09*pm, "Gary Eickmeier" wrote:
Bret L -

What is your basic program? Why do you think anyone wants to read all these
messages? Why do you keep doing this?

One time he said he wanted the posts of his "genius" mentors to be
preserved forever in the archives of the Usenet.

Personally I think abuse as a child is a more likely explanation.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Feb 5, 8:22*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Feb 5, 8:09*pm, "Gary Eickmeier" wrote:

Bret L -

What is your basic program? Why do you think anyone wants to read all these
messages? Why do you keep doing this?

One time he said he wanted the posts of his "genius" mentors to be
preserved forever in the archives of the Usenet.

Personally I think abuse as a child is a more likely explanation.

He belongs to the Scottie Wittevrongel School of wanting to "save" RAO
by filling it with OT spam. Plus, both Scott and Bret have said that
RAO is a bastion of liberal thinking (actually, I don't think Scott
knows what a bastion is--he probably used "thingie"), and they just
couldn't let that happen.

In other words, they're a pair of Internet loons.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

On Feb 5, 8:09*pm, "Gary Eickmeier" wrote:
Bret L -

What is your basic program? Why do you think anyone wants to read all these
messages? Why do you keep doing this?

Gary Eickmeier

Because bringing up audio topics usually does little good.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
"Gary Eickmeier" wrote:

Well, I don't think Scott does this. snip

You're wrong.

Another curiosity question: Who is John Stone? He poked into the Death of
the Middyut thread for a couple of posts, then disappeared. I did a search
on his name and came up empty except for that one thread. I thought we were
having a good conversation about the Linkwitz Orions.

He's an actual audio pro.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Feb 6, 3:10*am, Bret L wrote:
On Feb 5, 8:09*pm, "Gary Eickmeier" wrote:

Bret L -

What is your basic program? Why do you think anyone wants to read all these
messages? Why do you keep doing this?

Gary Eickmeier

*Because bringing up audio topics usually does little good.

But this is an audio group. If you want to bring up political topics,
go to a political group. It's that simple.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

wrote:
On Feb 5, 8:09*pm, "Gary Eickmeier" wrote:

Bret L -

What is your basic program? Why do you think anyone wants to read all these
messages? Why do you keep doing this?

One time he said he wanted the posts of his "genius" mentors to be
preserved forever in the archives of the Usenet.

Personally I think abuse as a child is a more likely explanation.

He belongs to the Scottie Wittevrongel School of wanting to "save" RAO
by filling it with OT spam. Plus, both Scott and Bret have said that
RAO is a bastion of liberal thinking (actually, I don't think Scott
knows what a bastion is--he probably used "thingie"), and they just
couldn't let that happen.

In other words, they're a pair of Internet loons.

Says the guy who just spent 3 days in a snotfest with Lionel.
Pathetic.

You know what's pathetic? The fact that there was a nice audio thread
going on and you were nowhere to be found.

You're here to troll, Scott. That's what you're doing right
now...trolling me. Wake up and see what you've become.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Feb 6, 12:18*pm, ScottW wrote:
On Feb 6, 9:52*am, Boon wrote:

wrote:
[...]

*I have no interest in horn speakers nor your ignorant voodoo claims
of wifi affecting sound.

*And as usual you quickly displaced that thread with a snot flood now
spanning 2 threads. * Same 'ol boring Phillips. Same 'ol boring
debating trade snot.

So what, I'm supposed to go back and forth with you for three days
now? Is that what you want? Is that what you crave?

You're disgusting.

(By the way, you're 0-2 in challenging me in audio topics. You'll be
0-3 if we pursue the wireless router topic. Try to do your homework
this time.)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Feb 6, 3:10*pm, ScottW wrote:
On Feb 6, 10:30*am, Boon wrote:

On Feb 6, 12:18*pm, ScottW wrote:

On Feb 6, 9:52*am, Boon wrote:

wrote:
[...]

*Why don't try getting a life and quit spamming the group with snot.

Answer the question.

Is that what you want? Is that what you crave?

If anyone wants it or not, you're ready to deliver.

Answer the question.

You're disgusting.

(By the way, you're 0-2 in challenging me in audio topics.

*Same 'ol BS debating trade claims.

Okay then, tell me again how I was wrong about the Neutrik
interconnects.

*Do you want to ride my bicycle too?

No, I have a nice one here. Knowing your taste in audio, your bike is
probably a piece of **** too.

You'll be
0-3 if we pursue the wireless router topic. Try to do your homework
this time.)

If a router is really affecting the sound of your system, it's because
your equipment is
poorly designed unstable crap which wouldn't surprise me.

Wow, that was amazing advice. Why don't more people email you and ask
you for help? Oh yeah, that's right...you think putting Quad ESLs on a
pair of rickety, unstable stools is a good idea.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Thanks, 2pid, for 'walking the walk' LoL.

On Feb 6, 12:18*pm, ScottW wrote:
On Feb 6, 9:52*am, Boon wrote:

wrote:
[...]

This was a very informative post. It was all audio with no personal
attacks to be found.

Kudos!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Feb 6, 3:10*am, Bret L wrote:
On Feb 5, 8:09*pm, "Gary Eickmeier" wrote:

Bret L -

What is your basic program? Why do you think anyone wants to read all these
messages? Why do you keep doing this?

*Because bringing up audio topics usually does little good.

And you generate so much discussion with your Nazi tripe. LOL!

What a ****ing blockhead.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Glanbrok Glanbrok is offline

Bosey whined:

What is your basic program? Why do you think anyone wants to read all these
messages? Why do you keep doing this?

Gawy, are you aware that Bratzi and you are RAO's only two remaining
Kroopologists?

Don't get me wrong, though. Brattie is a worthless turd. You got that
one right. Well done.

BTW, as a former full-time military employee, you must have an opinion
on Bratzi's latest hobby horse. Should the U.S. armed forces grow up
and accept Gay and Lesbian soldiers as equals? Or should they continue
to indulge the irrational, fear-driven prejudices that underlie the
heinous "DADT" law?

"Fear is the mind-killer." -- Frank Herbert

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Glanbrok Glanbrok is offline

Bosey has a minor breakdown. (I know, I know -- when your intellectual
horsepower is as feeble as Bosey's, by definition all your breakdowns
are minor.)

Another curiosity question: Who is John Stone?

Anybody who isn't feeble-minded could figure that out in a few minutes
of simple research. FYI, Gawy, Stone is a Real Audio Guy, and also
unlike you, he knows what a fetid pestilence the Krooborg is.

Go stuff your birdhouses.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Pudge the Gimp minced:

Go stuff your birdhouses.

Speaking of birdhouses and mental disorders, are you still locked up in the
loony bin following your failed post-Christmas suicide attempt?

Well, better luck next time. :-)