Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default Democrat Prefers Another Leader's Common Sense To Obama’s SOTU Address

Democrat Prefers Another Leader's Common Sense To Obama’s SOTU Address

By Donald A. Collins

"Hey, as President Obama’s State of the Union address on January 27th proved, we have a very gifted speaker as our President. No one in fairness could deny his skill at phrase-making or his capacity for engaging with his audience, however hostile.

And he said words I frequently applauded.

However, on patriotic immigration reform—the subject at the top of our
national agenda as we falter, economically, socially and structurally—
Obama, alas, apparently still doesn't hear the voices of the majority
of Americans.

He only briefly mentioned immigration in his speech—and admittedly, he
eschewed the use of the dynamite word, "amnesty." But he is clearly on
the wrong side.

We constantly hear, often from members of my party (alas, again),
about how illegal aliens are adding so much to our economic, cultural
and social welfare—while all the while pushing for another amnesty
bill, despite our Great Recession (that's the new term being used by
many writers for the start of a long-term economic slump).

But elsewhere the wake-up call has been heard.

Can you imagine our present congressional leaders, or President Obama
saying this:

"We suffer from a problem that actually stems from our [NAME OF
COUNTRY] economic success. We have become almost the only First World
country that can be reached by foot from the Third World. We are
flooded with surge of refugees who threaten to wash away our
achievements and damage our existence as a [NAME] democratic state."

"Anyone walking around [SPECIFIC LOCATIONS INCLUDING NATIONAL CAPITAL]
today can see this wave, and the change it is creating, with their own
eyes. They are causing socio-economic and cultural damage and threaten
to take us back down to the level of the Third World. They take the
jobs of the weakest (natives)." [PM: Infiltrators pull us towards
Third World, by Tani Goldstein, YNETNews.com, January 21, 2010]

Boy, does this sound familiar to anyone living in the USA who isn't
pushing for cheap alien labor—or who is looking for a job and/or
fearful of being outsourced?

Yep.

So guess who this speaker was?

None other than Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu—in a
January 21st talk to a meeting of the Israeli Manufacturers
Association.

His characterization of alien entrants, whom he calls "infiltrators",
was very pointed:

"Infiltrators cause cultural, social and economic damage, and pull us
towards the Third World".

He then followed with the statements quoted above.

Don't we all wish our elected elites were similarly motivated?

Could Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid or most of the Democrats in Congress
stand up to such a crowd and dare to lose the contributions which
these corporate paymasters give them?

Doubtful.

The Israeli PM didn't stop there in this seminal speech, or try to
hedge his bets, or straddle the middle of the road. He was just plain
clear:

"You will not like this, but we plan to legislate strict laws and
enforce them with a firm hand against the illegal employment of
infiltrators and foreign workers."

The Israeli News reported that

"The Hotline for Migrant Workers was enraged by the prime minister's
remarks, and issued a response saying: ‘The danger to the Jewish state
is not the refugees, but the many Jews in key positions who have
forgotten that their parents were refugees, and who besmirch the
persecuted in order to whitewash their submission to the manpower
corporations.’

“As first reported on Ynet, the prime minister made similar statements
in the session in which it was decided to build a stronger barrier at
the Egypt border"

Mr. Netanyahu, unlike 75% at least of our national leadership, GETS
IT:

"This is a strategic decision, that will ensure the Jewish and
democratic character of the State of Israel," he said at the time,
while promising that, "Israel will remain open to war refugees, but
will not allow its borders to be used to flood it will illegal foreign
workers."

Israeli News notes that Netanyahu has been speaking out frequently in
recent weeks on the growing problem of illegal aliens crossing their
borders. Past efforts have apparently been delayed for budgetary
reasons, although accounts of the effectiveness of border fences have
generally conceded their success. So more fences will be built. And
there is now a bill which would invoke stiffer penalties against
Israelis who bring in illegal aliens—such as a minimum of 3 years in
jail and heavy fines.

Boy, could we use legislation like that!

Stopping illegal immigration is not rocket science. It could be done
quickly and legally—if our leaders but had the guts to do it.

But they know their paymasters are watching. And they are acting like
frightened sheep.

How we can expect economic conditions to improve if we are still
importing slave labor at a million plus a year—and trying to legalize
12 (?) million aliens here illegally?

That is a question that President Obama left out of his 71 minute
report to us suffering citizens. "

http://www.vdare.com/collins/100128_sotu_address.htm