Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default Cloning the Marantz 7/7C

Many homebrewers build what is essentially a stripped down clone of a
Marantz 7C, but normally they leave out the tone stack and switching,
which is precisely what makes a Marantz 7 so good. The phono stage is
good, but it is not to be considered world class today even with the
best components.

As a line stage....well, why do we need line stages anyway? We DON"T.
We need digital sources that drive power amps directly with good
volume controls built in, and no line stages.

To the extent we tolerate digital sources, and tuners, and tape
electronics that do not do this, we do need a line stage, but only as
a crutch, a prop, a dildo even. We must realize this is an unnatural
state of affairs, as those that need a Horns of Venus to bridge
uncomplementary configurations.

And to that, well, the Marantz 7 works well too. It's easy enough to
fit a different phono stage to the basic platform as well also.
Provision for plug in matching transformers would also be easy enough
to arrange as might be needed for sanitary use of moving coil
cartridges.

So, I do recommend the Marantz 7 design as a platform for building a
necessary unit even in 2009. If someone with one would put up some
really good interior photos that would be a big help to those who
would like to build one.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Nov 29, 11:08*am, hoser1605 wrote:

[...]

He's autistic. Be nice.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

On Nov 29, 2:42*am, Bret L wrote:

[...]

* Marc's idea of an on topic post.

No, it's not.

*This or a lustfilled diatribe on Sarah.

Nope.

SCD-DVD-A-Hooking up Marantz DVD 8400 to Marantz AV 9000 preamp AL High End Audio 4 December 20th 05 04:01 AM
FS: Marantz CD 63 SE ZKN7 Marketplace 0 March 17th 04 05:27 AM
FS: Marantz 8b cap J.Click Marketplace 0 October 3rd 03 03:51 PM
Marantz PM4000 V Marantz PM57 sheddy Audio Opinions 0 September 8th 03 12:55 PM
Marantz PM4000 v Marantz PM57 sheddy Tech 0 September 5th 03 01:31 PM