Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default The Goddess of Implicit Whiteness: A Review of _Going Rogue_

(( As an avowedly racially conscious White observer, I can't for the
life of me see why people like Palin. She's NOT attractive, NOT smart,
and NOT particularly competent. Bret.))

The Goddess of Implicit Whiteness: A Review of Going Rogue

Richard Hoste

November 25, 2009

"The Sailer worldview:

Sarah Palin’s intelligence = blank slate

Every other person in the entire world’s intelligence: biologically
determined.

-Annonymous commentator at Steve Sailer’s blog

It has been suggested that Sarah Palin is a sort of Rorschach test for
Americans. The attractive, religious and fertile White woman drove the
ugly, secular and barren White self-hating and Jewish elite absolutely
mad well before there were any questions about her qualifications. The
loyalty she inspires in the White masses is similarly based on gut
feelings rather than rational analysis.

The latest chapter in the Palin saga is her book Going Rogue. I
usually don’t like to read these kinds of ghostwritten works by
politicians who still have ambitions for higher office. You’re not
hearing the candidate speak about what he believes or getting a sense
of his own style, but reading what he thinks he should say to be
politically acceptable to the masses filtered through the diction of a
nobody.

Indeed, there is much in this book that would be hard to imagine
coming out of the author’s mouth. Take the second sentence.

With the gray Talkeetna Mountains in the distance and the first light
covering of snow about to descend on Pioneer Peak, I breathed in an
autumn bouquet that combined everything small-town America with rugged
splashes of the Last Frontier.

At other points the author quotes Plato and Aristotle. Near the end,
she even discusses economics with Bristol, the kid who got knocked up.
We're informed that this daughter dreams of opening a coffee shop with
her cousin. After Palin explains to the teenager that Obama is
destroying capitalism, Bristol the economist replies:

"You're always preaching that government 'can't make you happy,
healthy, wealthy, or wise.' Business owners are smarter than
politicians give them credit for, and President Obama is wrong to
think more government control is the answer. Pay attention to the tea
parties, Mom. You're not alone in this. That's what they're saying."

Bristol's barista wage: $7.25 an hour.

Her advice to the president (and her mom): priceless.

Despite the drawbacks inherent in a book like this, the Palin
phenomenon says so much about modern day America that ignoring her
autobiography would be to miss a major cultural event. And combing
through Rogue may shed light on who has the ear of the lady who may
very well be our president in a few years.

Not a Typical National Politician

The first three chapters tell the story of Sarah Palin’s life up until
she was selected to be John McCain’s running mate. Chapter four is the
2008 campaign and five is what has happened since. Chapter six is a
short fourteen pages that sum up the author’s political philosophy.

Sarah Heath was born in Idaho. Her father was a schoolteacher and the
Alaskan gold rush had created a demand for professionals to serve the
growing population of the 49th state. She arrived in Skagway,
population at the time 650, as a three-month-old. From then on she had
a typical American upbringing.

Sarah met Todd when she was a senior in high school. He had come to
Wasilla for his last year of school to play on the basketball team.
Sarah admired his work ethic and was impressed by how polite he was to
her parents. But then she tells us that he chewed tobacco, didn’t go
to church and cussed. When Todd informs Sarah that he’d been baptized
at a sports camp a few years before meeting her, she knows that he’s
the right man for her.

Sarah graduated from high school with the goal of being a sports
journalist. She took five years to finish college not because she was
dumb, as some have suggested, but because she had to pay her way and
would occasionally take a semester off. At eighteen she supposedly
read the platforms of both the major political parties and decided to
become a Republican due to her love of America, beliefs in individual
rights and capitalism, and her “respect for equality.”

According to Sarah, Todd was the first and only boy she ever kissed.
When he tried to put the moves on her for the first time she jumped
out of the car. The Palins got married at a courthouse and had their
wedding dinner at Wendy’s. Unlike the Obamas, as young adults they had
real jobs. Finding one that paid $14 an hour would be a cause for
celebration. Years later when accused of having a conflict of interest
because her husband was employed by the oil industry, Governor Palin
would explain to her state that “Todd’s not in management. He actually
works.”

As a politician, Palin claims to always have been looking out for the
best interests of her constituents. She rose to become the mayor of
her hometown and from there went on to the governorship of the state.
The way she tells it, Palin was a completely disinterested public
servant who fought corruption wherever she found it.

There seems to be some truth in her account. In 2006 the FBI served
almost twenty search warrants on the offices of state legislators,
most of whom were Republicans. Palin herself would be untouched during
the corruption investigations and no impropriety was found after she
came back to Alaska after the 2008 campaign. This is despite the fact
that she and her family would go $500,000 in debt defending herself
against ethics complaints, which could be filed at no cost to the
accuser.

Less believable are Palin’s claims that when her family moved into the
Governor’s Mansion they fired the private cook to save the state
money. If this is true and it wasn’t a gimmick, the woman is a saint.

It’s quite charming to hear accounts of how Palin balanced her
numerous pregnancies and the needs of her children with her political
duties. When Frank Murkowski was elected governor of Alaska in 2002,
he had to resign his Senate seat and pick a replacement. Mayor Palin
was on the short list. Todd drove her out to Anchorage to interview
for the position and rode around the parking lot to keep the Ford
Bronco warm as his wife met with the governor. She didn’t get the job,
but the parents got home in time to watch Bristol's basketball game
and Track’s hockey practice. Governor Palin had an approval rating in
the 80s when she joined the McCain team.

The Disastrous McCain Campaign

Palin went to Arizona in the summer of 2008 to interview for the
number two spot of the Republican ticket. She met with senior campaign
strategist Steve Schmidt,[i] who had also worked for W. His favorite
issue was the Iraq war and he would give Palin books and videos on the
subject. There was an assumption that the conflict would be the center
of the McCain campaign. The only thing more disturbing than the fact
that the McCain team thought they could win on this issue is that they
actually believed in the war.

Schmidt asked her about gay marriage. Palin said that her college
roommate was a lesbian and that even though she thought that marriage
was between a man and a woman, she loved her friend dearly. Then they
asked about evolution. Palin replied that she believed that although
there was evidence for microevolution, there was none for
macroevolution.

I didn’t believe in the theory that human beings ... originated from
fish that sprouted legs and crawled out of the sea. Or that human
beings began as single-celled organisms that developed into monkeys
who eventually swung down from the trees; I believed we came about
through a random process, but were created by God.

The last sentence makes absolutely no sense, but then again, it’s
coming from a woman that doesn’t believe in evolution.

Palin's reputation would take its biggest hit in her interview with
Katie Couric. Someone on the campaign convinced the governor to do it
by explaining that Couric had low self-esteem and simply wanted to be
liked.

Palin throws cheap shots like this throughout the book at those that
have crossed her. Here’s some mo The McCain people were completely
cynical and scared to death of unscripted moments. An Alaskan
Democratic state legislator was laughed at by soldiers for claiming to
have had experience in the army after taking a few weeks’ military
course. Schmidt wore sunglasses on the top of his bald head in the
middle of the night.

As for the famous CBS interview, Couric and her team shot hours of
footage and then unfairly decided what fraction went on TV. Palin
would accuse them of picking the worst of the worst to broadcast. It
sounds like a just criticism until you realize that twenty minutes out
of a few hours is a pretty significant portion. If you picked out the
worst sixth of my writing, it wouldn't be representative but at the
same time it wouldn’t be the disaster that was the Palin interview.
Granted, if you took my worst sentence I may look like a fool, but CBS
News didn’t do anything close to that.

Couric famously asked Palin which newspapers she read that formed her
worldview. Here’s how Palin explains her humiliating answer.

It’s not that I didn’t want to — or as some have ludicrously
suggested, couldn’t — answer her question; it was that her
condescension irritated me. It was as though she had suddenly stumbled
on a primitive newcomer from an undiscovered tribe.

You can watch the segment for yourself on YouTube and decide if
Palin’s characterization of Couric’s tone is correct. The question
isn’t unreasonable and the interviewee’s answer says more about her
insecure and paranoid nature than anything else.

Palin is like a Black person who responds to normal human interactions
with “It’s because I’m Black, right?” Except with her, it goes “It’s
because I’m not from New York and don’t have an Ivy League degree,
isn’t it?”

This isn’t to absolve the McCain campaign of anything. I have nothing
but contempt for people who would work for that disgusting and
horrible man. Nor do I have any love for the liberal elite.

But Palin doesn’t have the IQ to run an effective political campaign
or be a passable representative for White America. In fact, part of
the reason that the proles relate to her is that they’re also
resentful of those smarter than themselves. Sure, they dislike the
liberalism of the ruling class, but there’s still old fashioned
jealousy.

Intelligence Is Overrated in a President

Picking a president isn’t like choosing a doctor or an engineer. A
political leader decides what his agenda is going to be. You don’t
have to be a genius to read and believe in the 10th amendment. Palin
mentions it twice favorably in her book.

On the other hand, it does take some intelligence to not consistently
embarrass and discredit the ideology you represent. After eight years
of a Republican president who couldn’t put a grammatical sentence
together, the last thing conservatism needs is a creationist with an
IQ a standard deviation below those she disagrees with ideologically
and must debate.

Sarah Palin writes that the media picked on her and her family. She
asks us to

imagine if your family were the subject of relentless attention from a
hostile press. Surely there is at least one person or incident the
press could seize on to embarrass your loved ones.... If your extended
family doesn’t fit that description, count your blessings. I’ve never
met anyone like you.

The reason that she hasn’t is because everybody she knows is a prole.
They didn’t need to go to the extended family to find disgraced
relatives either. Bristol was pregnant at 17. Her sister’s husband
tasered his 11-year-old stepson. Palin takes John Kerry to task for
his joke about those who don’t study getting “stuck in Iraq,” but the
story of her own son proves that he was right (or would’ve been, if
insulting soldiers was actually his intention). Track joined the
military after deciding that he didn’t want to bum around after high
school like his friends. This implies that he wasn’t smart enough for
college. He got two tattoos before he left: a Jesus fish and the state
of Alaska. Maybe this sounds heartwarming at a town hall meeting in
Wasilla, but to the educated public it’s trashy.

As far as Palin’s ideology goes, she does embrace the too-many-loans-
to-poor-people explanation for the housing crash, without the racial
aspect of course. And in the final chapter she names Thomas Sowell’s A
Conflict of Visions as a work that influenced her.

But the most important thing of all is that there isn’t a word about
either legal or illegal immigration in the book. And even if she
managed to have her way on taxes and welfare, it would eventually be
repealed by the soon-to-be majority of Mexicans and other NAMs.

She says we have a responsibility to “complete our missions” in
foreign lands and ensure America remains the strongest military power
in the world. And the always innocent and wonderful state of Israel is
singled out twice as a foreign country that especially deserves
American support. (Here’s a recent video of Palin saying that Israel
should build even more settlements on Palestinian land because, after
all, Israel has a rapidly growing population. If only we had
politicians to consider the demographic future of the majority people
of America!)

Although one would have a hard time telling from this review, I really
like Sarah Palin. She is as good a person as can get on a
presidential ticket in today’s America. But that isn’t enough. There
will never be a rising up of “Middle American Radicals” who seize
power. If the American elite is ever to be replaced, it will have to
be done by people of comparable ability.

Palin takes the McCain campaign to task for not emphasizing Jeremiah
Wright during the campaign. She was told to be quiet on the subject.
The girl has guts and unlike McCain would’ve cared more about winning
than not being called racist.

But the end result of a Palin victory in 2012 would simply be a
globalist that the masses relate to instead of one whom they resist.
That’s the problem with hoping for the “Joe the Plumbers” to save the
White race. Being deficient in intelligence, they’re easily led in any
direction. Whites voted for the Bush that promised a humble foreign
policy in 2000 and they died for him in the sands of Iraq from 2003
on.

If there’s one lesson from the last Republican president, it’s that if
someone has the loyalty of conservative Whites, it’s important that he
actually carry out policies that are good for Whites. It’s too easy to
fall under the spell of a pretty face and then wake up to find that
your country is gone. Not for nothing did Sam Francis refer to the
failure of conservatism under Reagan.

Sarah Palin would make a wonderful neighbor or midlevel manager. But a
Palin presidency would give us little more than “invade the world,
invite the world.”

And when the country goes under thanks to these foreign wars and
increasing number of low-IQ welfare dependents, “conservatism” and
maybe even nativism will be blamed.

In the end though, I’ll be rooting for Palin just so I can watch
liberals’ heads explode after the goddess of implicit Whiteness beats
their messiah. Anyone who thought seeing Kerry lose to Bush was tough
on the Left hasn't seen anything yet.

If it's going to be a long time until a White awakening, we may as
well be entertained while we wait."

[i] Schmit would go on to say that a Palin candidacy would be
disastrous for the Republican party in 2012. She likewise bashes him
in Rogue as unprincipled and incompetent.

Richard Hoste (email him) writes on race, immigration, political
correctness and modern conservatism. His articles have appeared at
VDARE.com, The Occidental Observer, The Occidental Quarterly and
TakiMag among other places. His blog is HBD Books, where he regularly
reviews classic and modern works on these topics.

Permanent URL: http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net...ste-Rogue.html