Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default Brimelow On Jared Taylor’s New Book (We Hope)

Brimelow On Jared Taylor’s New Book (We Hope)

"Jared Taylor just posted on Takimag (grrrr!!) an excerpt from his new book-in-progress on race and immigration:

In his famous speech of April 20, 1968, the British statesman
Enoch Powell said, “The discussion of future grave but, with effort
now, avoidable evils is the most unpopular and at the same time the
most necessary occupation for the politician.”

One great, avoidable evil we face is the declining quality of the
American work force.

The Census Bureau tells us that if immigration continues at its
current rate of nearly two million people a year, whites will become a
minority of the under-18 child population in just 14 years—in 2023—and
will become a minority of the working population just 16 years later.
The greatest increase will be in Hispanics, who are now dropping out
of high school at higher rates than blacks, doing little better than
blacks when they manage to stay in school, and are the group least
likely to go to college. Demographers are beginning to warn that as
well-educated, white baby boomers retire and are replaced by poorly
educated blacks and Hispanics, the productivity gains of the last
several hundred years will be reversed, and the United States could go
into a tailspin.

“We have the possibility of transforming the American dream into
the American tragedy,” says Irwin Kirsch, senior research director at
the Educational Testing Service.

Taylor is perhaps the most brilliant of the individuals now grouped in
what Takimag’s Richard Spencer calls the “post-paleo“ movement or
“Alternative Right “ (to distinguish it from the Establishment or
Beltway Right). Taylor’s earlier book on race, Paved With Good
Intentions, was deservedly successful. (I even reviewed it for the pre-
purge National Review!) He has a real live literary agent representing
this one. But I’m going to bet that no mainstream publisher picks it
up, because of the post-Bell Curve Reign of Terror that cripples
American public debate about race.

Of course, I hope I’m wrong. And, fortunately, with the internet, it
doesn’t–ultimately–matter any more. The Main Stream Media is finished,
along with the traitorous caste that infests it. But it can’t happen a
moment too soon."

http://blog.vdare.com/archives/2009/...-book-we-hope/