Posted to rec.audio.misc
billkill billkill is offline

Default Flip Video to MPEG Converter, convert flip video camcorder videoto mpeg-1, mpeg-2 format files

On Jul 30, 3:49*pm, Andersen smith wrote:
TOD to iMovie, iMovie import tod - import TOD into iMovie with TOD to
iMovieConverter.

As both my friends around me and I have experienced---working on a Mac
still have problems importing TOD-files from JVC-cameras to iMovie. It
doesn't work with iMovie. And there are still a lot of people working
with iMovie or who are not able to buy the pretty expensive Final Cut
Pro-edition. Obviously, this is an often discussed question, so, is
there a solid solution to import TOD into iMovie?

Some of you might have tried to use the freeware like Handbrake, but
the results are mostly unsatisfactory, you will notice just how much
the quality can be reduced even you use to convert the files by using
the best possible quality-settings. How terrible, editing a "bad"
conversion of a much better original file.

Others may run into problems with time and space when converting the
files from the JVC Everio to iMovie. The biggest problem with the
freeware is that it takes hours to convert a single 10 minutevideo.
After the conversion the converted file is approximately 6-10x larger
than the original file. You can probably covert like 4 videos and then
you will be out of disk space.

Until now, I couldn't find any other good possibility than converting
the TOD-files into DV, MPEG-4, MPEG-2 or MOV first by usingVideoConverterfor Mac. I have been doing my research and what I have found
out is thatvideoconverterfor Mac can not only provides you a
perfect solution to imports TOD to iMovie, but also it’s capacity to
keep original quality, take the least time and convert very fast.
Almost allvideoand audio files can be supported to import and
export.

Step 1: Download and installvideoconverterfor Mac
The program supports running on both PowerPC and Intel Processor.
Please choose one that suitable for you Apple Mac; you will finally
install theVideoconverter. app to your Application Folder.

Step 2: Load .todvideofiles intoVideoConverterfor Mac
Hit Add Files opens a window where you can select TODvideoto load.
The program not only supports batch mode, but also supports almost allvideo/audio formats, you will see how easy it is to use to convertvideofrom one format to another.

Step 3: Choose output Formats
a. If you need to import TOD to iMovie, you are supposed to select DV,
MPEG-4, and MPEG-2 as the output format which would be acceptable by
iMovie.

b. Set Output Directories
You can instruct the program to store the convertedvideoin a desired
location. You can choose the location in the drop down list next to
Destination. Tip: click Open tab will allow you to open the convertedvideodirectly.

Step 4: Convertvideo
Hit Convert…button, the program will begin to convert TOD to DV,
MPEG-4 or MPEG-2. You will be able to import the DV, MPEG-4 directly
to iMovie.

http://www.importavitoimovie.com/tod-to-imovie/

You can try VideoMax Free Video Converter at free-star.org or CNET.
http://www.free-star.org/free-video-converter.html