Posted to rec.audio.misc
Tzorzakakis Dimitrios Tzorzakakis Dimitrios is offline

Default New mobo-record to cd

I have this computer
http://www.cccira.gr/catalog/product...roducts_id=130
But with a 320 GB disc and a 512 MB ATI graph card. Just a fortnight ago my
sound card died. Since it's integrated in the mobo I had to have the whole
mobo changed. Fortunately there was a 3 year guarantee in it. So, I got my
comp back from the vendor yesterday, just when the new mobo arrived from
Ireland (DG 31 PR Intel FSB 1333). I don't know yet what caused the line in
of my mobo to go toast, probably when my friend told me to plug the line out
of my comp to the DVD in of my amp, or because I had the gain set up too
high on recording with Audacity, which is excellent, BTW? Or, maybe, because
I plugged in the MM pre-amp without making sure it was off? The comp vendor
told me to make sure when I'm plugging audio equipment on my comp to make
sure audio eq at least is turned off. I have a Project debut III with
Cambridge audio Azur 540P MM preamplifier and Ortofon OM5 MM cartridge.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitris
major in electrical engineering

Record one PC to another [email protected] Pro Audio 2 March 28th 06 07:50 PM
Switching from tape record to mp3 record Charles Tosh Pro Audio 20 November 24th 05 06:07 PM
Difference between a "good record player" vs a "cheap record player" Daniel Pro Audio 15 August 14th 05 02:08 PM
record to CD via DVD Tippi Tech 6 June 30th 05 03:25 PM
What Is the record pad KMF Pro Audio 33 December 13th 04 05:08 AM