Posted to rec.audio.misc
Mike Eisenstadt Mike Eisenstadt is offline

Default question about parallel RCA a/v cables

Hi all!

I have a DVD player and a VHS player which output
to a TV for watching movies in both formats. I have
been moving the RCA a/v cables which go to
the TV from one player to the another depending on
the movie's format but I am afraid that sooner or
later I am going to bust one of the connectors in
the players.

So I am thinking of getting another a/v cable as well
as three RCA y-connectors, male to two females,
which would take both cables and avoid having
to move a single a/v cable from one player to
the other.

Will this work or is there an impedance or feedback
problem with this setup, even with only one player
turned on and outputting signal? A friend with extensive
experience in the past as a techie at FM stations
was unsure about this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike Eisenstadt
Austin, Texas
Posted to rec.audio.misc
Kalman Rubinson[_3_] Kalman Rubinson[_3_] is offline

On Sun, 10 May 2009 10:44:40 -0700 (PDT), Mike Eisenstadt
wrote:

Hi all!

I have a DVD player and a VHS player which output
to a TV for watching movies in both formats. I have
been moving the RCA a/v cables which go to
the TV from one player to the another depending on
the movie's format but I am afraid that sooner or
later I am going to bust one of the connectors in
the players.

So I am thinking of getting another a/v cable as well
as three RCA y-connectors, male to two females,
which would take both cables and avoid having
to move a single a/v cable from one player to
the other.

Will this work or is there an impedance or feedback
problem with this setup, even with only one player
turned on and outputting signal? A friend with extensive
experience in the past as a techie at FM stations
was unsure about this.

This will likely not work well because of the impedance issues. There
is a simple solution: Get a simple switch.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...sIn Session=1
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...&tab=techSpecs

Kal

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Mike Eisenstadt Mike Eisenstadt is offline

Thanks, Kal, for the advice and the link to the switch you recommend.

Mike Eisenstadt

On May 10, 10:00*pm, Kalman Rubinson wrote:

This will likely not work well because of the impedance issues. *There
is a simple solution: *Get a simple switch.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...Id=3070527&ret...

Kal

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] is offline

? "Mike Eisenstadt" ?????? ??? ??????
Thanks, Kal, for the advice and the link to the switch you recommend.

Mike Eisenstadt

On May 10, 10:00 pm, Kalman Rubinson wrote:

This will likely not work well because of the impedance issues. There
is a simple solution: Get a simple switch.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...Id=3070527&ret...

Thanks too, Cal because the same problem occured to me right now. I bought
today the Cambridge audio integrated amplifier Azur 340 A SE, the tuner
Azur 340 T, the speakers Nordaunt-Short Avant 904i, and an old cassete deck,
Luxman K-100 (impossible to buy a new one, I was told), from a relative.
Now, the amplifier has no tape loop, of course, and since I want to make cds
for friends, from vinyl records and tapes, I want to connect the rec out to
my PCs soundcard line in, but also to the line in of the tape deck, so I'll
have to look for a switch. BTW, I have the Project Debut III turntable.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Kalman Rubinson[_3_] Kalman Rubinson[_3_] is offline

On Mon, 11 May 2009 09:00:05 -0700 (PDT), Mike Eisenstadt
wrote:

Thanks, Kal, for the advice and the link to the switch you recommend.

Mike Eisenstadt

On May 10, 10:00*pm, Kalman Rubinson wrote:

This will likely not work well because of the impedance issues. *There
is a simple solution: *Get a simple switch.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...Id=3070527&ret...

You are welcome. I use that one myself!

Kal