Posted to rec.audio.pro
thepaulthomas thepaulthomas is offline

Default Does University Sound still exist

I need some info on a pair of speakers installed in a club where I
sometimes work. I struck out with Google...

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article .com,
thepaulthomas wrote:
I need some info on a pair of speakers installed in a club where I
sometimes work. I struck out with Google...

I forget who bought out University... it was either EV/Altec or Bogen,
I forget which.

I have manuals and pattern diagrams for some of the older University
cabinets, but for the most part they aren't anything you'd want to keep.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"thepaulthomas" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need some info on a pair of speakers installed in a club where I
sometimes work. I struck out with Google...

I have been seeing ads for university in the trade but thier stuff is
looking "alot" like toa at this point
george

Posted to rec.audio.pro
thepaulthomas thepaulthomas is offline

On Feb 8, 3:54 pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
In article .com,

thepaulthomas wrote:
I need some info on a pair of speakers installed in a club where I
sometimes work. I struck out with Google...

I forget who bought out University... it was either EV/Altec or Bogen,
I forget which.

I have manuals and pattern diagrams for some of the older University
cabinets, but for the most part they aren't anything you'd want to keep.

I believe the model number on the cabinet is: SLS-690. They actually
look fairly new and they don't sound bad...

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Raw-Tracks Raw-Tracks is offline
Senior Member

thepaulthomas wrote:
I need some info on a pair of speakers installed in a club where I
sometimes work. I struck out with Google...

Telex owns University Sound now.

--
Eric

Practice Your Mixing Skills
Download Our Multi-Track Masters
www.Raw-Tracks.com
www.Mad-Host.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Stamler Paul Stamler is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
In article .com,
thepaulthomas wrote:
I need some info on a pair of speakers installed in a club where I
sometimes work. I struck out with Google...

I forget who bought out University... it was either EV/Altec or Bogen,
I forget which.

I think University bought out EV, then somebody bought out University.

Peace,
Paul

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Julian Julian is offline

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 07:13:25 GMT, "Paul Stamler"
wrote:

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
I forget who bought out University... it was either EV/Altec or Bogen,
I forget which.

I think University bought out EV, then somebody bought out University.

Peace,
Paul

I thought it was EV bought out University and then Telex bought out
EV.

Cheers,
Julian

Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
I forget who bought out University... it was either EV/Altec or Bogen,
I forget which.

I think University bought out EV, then somebody bought out University.

I thought it was EV bought out University and then Telex bought out
EV.

A basic summary is that everybody who wasn't bought out by Harman International
was either bought out by EV, bought out by someone who was bought out by EV,
or bought out EV.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
I forget who bought out University... it was either EV/Altec or Bogen,
I forget which.

I think University bought out EV, then somebody bought out University.

I thought it was EV bought out University and then Telex bought out
EV.

A basic summary is that everybody who wasn't bought out by Harman
International
was either bought out by EV, bought out by someone who was bought out by
EV,
or bought out EV.
--scott

The best I coud find is currently ,university info is stored on the EV web
site
I got this from randomly trying
www.universitysound.com
georgeb

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JohnO JohnO is offline

A basic summary is that everybody who wasn't bought out by Harman International
was either bought out by EV, bought out by someone who was bought out by EV,
or bought out EV.

The five degrees of EV?

-John O

(15 miles from Buchanan)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
PapaNate PapaNate is offline

A basic summary is that everybody who wasn't bought out by Harman
International
was either bought out by EV, bought out by someone who was bought out by
EV,
or bought out EV.

I thought Mackie purchased EV back in 2000.

Papanate

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Michael L. Squires Michael L. Squires is offline

In article . com,
thepaulthomas wrote:
On Feb 9, 7:54 am, wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

The best I coud find is currently ,university info is stored on the EV web
site
I got this from randomly tryingwww.universitysound.com

The www.universitysound.com site doesn't appear to have any information about
products made by University Sound from the 50's and 60's.

I do have information sheets for some of those products, especially the
15" and 12" woofer, full-range ("Diffaxial"), and concentrics (315-C, 312).

There is apparently a club of University Sound enthusiasts out there, from
comments posted by eBay vendors, but they don't appear to have a web site
of their own and University isn't part of the Lansing Heritage site the last
time I looked.

Mike Squires
jewel942 jewel942 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael L. Squires View Post
In article . com,
thepaulthomas wrote:
On Feb 9, 7:54 am, wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

The best I coud find is currently ,university info is stored on the EV web
site
I got this from randomly tryingwww.universitysound.com

The www.universitysound.com site doesn't appear to have any information about
products made by University Sound from the 50's and 60's.

I do have information sheets for some of those products, especially the
15" and 12" woofer, full-range ("Diffaxial"), and concentrics (315-C, 312).

There is apparently a club of University Sound enthusiasts out there, from
comments posted by eBay vendors, but they don't appear to have a web site
of their own and University isn't part of the Lansing Heritage site the last
time I looked.

Mike Squires
Hi Mike,

I am interested in copies or scans of your University literature. Please send me a PM or email, thanks.

Regards,
Larry

Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 05:17 PM
enhancing early reflections? [email protected] Pro Audio 4 April 28th 05 05:51 PM
Some Recording Techniques kevindoylemusic Pro Audio 19 February 16th 05 08:54 PM
Some Mixing Techniques kevindoylemusic Pro Audio 78 February 16th 05 08:51 AM
Creating Dimension In Mixing- PDF available on Request (112 pages0 kevindoylemusic Pro Audio 14 February 14th 05 06:58 PM