Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] dncmullin@yahoo.com is offline

Default Question about Ham Shlem wireless speakers item # 75718

Greetings,

Hammacher Schlemmer is currently selling some rechargeable indoor/
outdoor wireless speakers, indicated as Item # 75718. These seem
similar to a now-out-of-stock pair of speakers listed as item # 73963,
but I presume Item # 75718 is NOT necessarily the same as the
unavailable item # 73963.

The info on the website and in the catalog for Item # 75718 leaves out
certain pertinent bits of info, so I am wondering if anyone in this
newsgroup can answer the following questions about HamSchlem's item #
75718:

Question #1: What frequency do these speakers operate on...900mhz,
2.4 ghz, or something else?

Question #2: Do these speakers allow you to switch from one channel
to some number of other channels to avoid interference that may be on
one channel but not another?

Question #3: Do these speakers allow the listener to switch them from
stereo to mono (such that a signal that is transmitted as stereo from
a source may be received as a combined mono signal on each of the two
wireless speakers if the listener so chooses)?

I sent Hammacher Schlemmer questions along these lines but apparently
they were too busy or unconcerned with their public image to respond
to what I regard as a reasonable query.

Thanks!

Chuck