Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
Industrial One Industrial One is offline

Default The official double-blind 8-bit listening test

The samples have been compiled. They will be a very specific type of
music, early 8-bit mono tracks utilizing square/sawtooth waves for
melody, triangle for bass and white noise for percussion, with a
duration of 10 - 50 seconds. They'll be encoded with different codecs
at various bitrates, decoded to raw waveform and packed in a RAR
archive with a copy of the original, uncompressed samples. Get it
he http://sharebee.com/d695aaed

Once you acquire the wavs, you will see every original song with a
name and its derivatives will have a number appended. You will compare
each to the original and write down how you perceive the quality, in
the following scale:

5 - Derivative sounds exactly like the original. No noticeable
artifacts.
4 - Minor artifacts and audible defects. Good quality overall.
3 - Considerable defects. Sounds somewhat flawed compared to original.
2 - Low quality. Audio artifacts very prominent.
1 - Extremely ****ty quality, sounds like the song is playing from the
bottom of a garbage can.
Less than 1 - Barely recognizable or not recognizable at all.

You may use half-points like 4.5, 3.5 if you feel your perception is
in-between some of 'em, like if you don't hear flaws but the audio
"feels" different in a way you can't explain you can give it a 4.9,
4.8 etc. and optionally, you can follow your rating with an
explanation of what you noticed. When you're done, e-mail me the text
file, i repeat, EMAIL, don't post it here. The results will be posted
publicly when the test's done.

Use good quality headphones, but if you believe your high-end speakers
do the job the same if not better, go ahead. Don't use any software/
hardware tweaks/mixers that interpolate, reverb or alter the original
signal in any way.

Don't participate if you're on hearing aid, are old as **** and have
crappy ears, an autistic ****, not human (I don't work with dogs yo)
or believe you have any significant problems hearing. Also, don't do
it while you're tweaked off your ass, woke up from a hangover, sleep-
deprived or simply distracted by the horn of the train. We want a
neurotypical point of view here. Oh and, don't do the whole test in
one sitting. You may become too accustomed to the type of music and
develop those weird resonances, placebo effects etc. Do a couple
dozen, then continue later, or on another day. DO IT WHEN YOU REALLY
FEEL LIKE DOING IT, not when you've got 10 spare minutes before you
gotta take your antidepressants.

And lastly, don't try to bull**** me by lying or cheating on the test,
'cuz I'll know. You are not to do ANYTHING with the .wavs except open
them with your media player and listen. No analyzing with an audio
engineering app to determine the level of compression (if that's even
possible) -- but I doubt any of you got no life that you get kicks
outta spending hours trying to deceive some anonymous named
"Industrial One" on the internet.

Thanks.
Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 13:38:05 -0700, Industrial One wrote:

The samples have been compiled. They will be a very specific type of
music, early 8-bit mono tracks utilizing square/sawtooth waves for
melody, triangle for bass and white noise for percussion, with a
duration of 10 - 50 seconds.

Why are you interested in anything 8-bit?

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro

On Jul 17, 10:23 am, Tobiah wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 13:38:05 -0700, Industrial One wrote:
The samples have been compiled. They will be a very specific type of
music, early 8-bit mono tracks utilizing square/sawtooth waves for
melody, triangle for bass and white noise for percussion, with a
duration of 10 - 50 seconds.

Why are you interested in anything 8-bit?

** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

I'm a Trance/Industrial Rave freak. The test audio subjects do not
qualify, as Trance didn't exist at the time most of them were produced
(1986-1992), nor do I listen to them individually. This test is to
determine the most ideal lossy codec/bitrate for such music. Join in
if you want, no registration is required.
Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Tobiah" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 13:38:05 -0700, Industrial One wrote:
The samples have been compiled. They will be a very specific type of
music, early 8-bit mono tracks utilizing square/sawtooth waves for
melody, triangle for bass and white noise for percussion, with a
duration of 10 - 50 seconds.

Why are you interested in anything 8-bit?

Because he doesn't know any better it seems.
Or is interested in proving what the rest of us knew 30 years ago.

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
Industrial One Industrial One is offline

On Jul 17, 11:39 pm, "Mr.T" MrT@home wrote:
"Tobiah" wrote in message

news
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 13:38:05 -0700, Industrial One wrote:
The samples have been compiled. They will be a very specific type of
music, early 8-bit mono tracks utilizing square/sawtooth waves for
melody, triangle for bass and white noise for percussion, with a
duration of 10 - 50 seconds.

Why are you interested in anything 8-bit?

Because he doesn't know any better it seems.
Or is interested in proving what the rest of us knew 30 years ago.

MrT.

You trying to take the ****? Download the ****ing RAR and it'll clear
your confusion.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
David Morgan \(MAMS\) David Morgan \(MAMS\) is offline

"Industrial One" wrote in message...

Download the ****ing RAR and it'll clear your confusion.

RAR's don't ****, but they certainly do suck.... kinda' like 8 bit audio...
and there's no "confusion" about any of those facts.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

Default The unofficial triple deaf dumb and blind 8-bit hearing test

"Industrial One" wrote in message
You trying to take the ****? Download the ****ing RAR and it'll clear
your confusion.

I'm not the one confused, and I seriously doubt you'll find anyone to
support your position on 8 bit wave files here.
Why on earth would I want to download your crap, you'll never accept you are
wrong anyway.
I've already wasted too much time on your stupidity. Not wasting any more.
Good luck finding someone who will.

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
Industrial One Industrial One is offline

On Jul 18, 12:41 am, "David Morgan \(MAMS\)" /Odm
wrote:
"Industrial One" wrote in message...
Download the ****ing RAR and it'll clear your confusion.

RAR's don't ****, but they certainly do suck.... kinda' like 8 bit audio...
and there's no "confusion" about any of those facts.

All right wise ass, if a 2-digit number means so much to you, I can
rip a seperate group to 16-bit in one click. The archive will only be
about 250 megs.
Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion

?

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
Morgan Audio Media Service

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

wrote:
"Industrial One" wrote in message...
Download the ****ing RAR and it'll clear your confusion.

RAR's don't ****, but they certainly do suck.... kinda' like 8 bit

audio...
and there's no "confusion" about any of those facts.

All right wise ass, if a 2-digit number means so much to you, I can
rip a seperate group to 16-bit in one click. The archive will only be
about 250 megs.

Given that you have already proven to all here that you don't have the
slightest clue, why would anyone want to waste their time and money?
I would suggest that most people here have already done their own tests, or
can easily do so without your files.

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro

wrote:
"Industrial One" wrote in message...
Download the ****ing RAR and it'll clear your confusion.

RAR's don't ****, but they certainly do suck.... kinda' like 8 bit

audio...
and there's no "confusion" about any of those facts.

All right wise ass, if a 2-digit number means so much to you, I can
rip a seperate group to 16-bit in one click. The archive will only be
about 250 megs.

Given that you have already proven to all here that you don't have the
slightest clue, why would anyone want to waste their time and money?
I would suggest that most people here have already done their own tests, or
can easily do so without your files.

MrT.

'Thought your previous post was your last. Make it the last this time,
troll. I don't want ****stains in my thread.
Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Industrial One" wrote in message
'Thought your previous post was your last.

Like all your other delusions I suppose.

Make it the last this time,

And you don't even realise usenet is a public forum.

troll.

That would be you.

I don't want ****stains in my thread.

Too late, YOU already did that.

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion
David Morgan \(MAMS\) David Morgan \(MAMS\) is offline

"Industrial One" wrote...

'Thought your previous post was your last. Make it the last this time,
troll. I don't want ****stains in my thread.

Then keep your sandbox wetting in whatever group will
buy your bologna, and cut the crossposting crappola.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion
Industrial One Industrial One is offline

On Jul 20, 3:59 am, "David Morgan \(MAMS\)" /Odm
wrote:
Then keep your sandbox wetting in whatever group will
buy your bologna, and cut the crossposting crappola.

I wasn't talking to you. As for the crossposting, dayum! I didn't
notice your MOMS badge, list what moronic group you're from and ill
remove it from future postings.
Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
Then keep your sandbox wetting in whatever group will
buy your bologna, and cut the crossposting crappola.

I wasn't talking to you. As for the crossposting, dayum! I didn't
notice your MOMS badge, list what moronic group you're from and ill
remove it from future postings.

You're just not very good at this 'charm' thing, are you, sparky?

--
-S
A wise man, therefore, proportions his belief to the evidence. -- David Hume, "On Miracles"

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion
Industrial One Industrial One is offline

I've received an e-mail for the 2nd time today asking if I want
everyone to perform multiple trials. It ain't required. This takes way
too long to do as it is, so again, unless you're really bored, go
ahead. Otherwise, you don't need to.
Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion
rootbrian2000 rootbrian2000 is offline

On Jul 22, 12:43*am, Industrial One
wrote:
I've received an e-mail for the 2nd time today asking if I want
everyone to perform multiple trials. It ain't required. This takes way
too long to do as it is, so again, unless you're really bored, go
ahead. Otherwise, you don't need to.

8-bit sounds and music are my liking, since I got my NES thats been
working since 1985. I've also been using VirtuaNES/NSF, which're
basically the same thing, one being strictly a music player.
Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion

On Jul 30, 4:51 pm, rootbrian2000 wrote:

8-bit sounds and music are my liking, since I got my NES thats been
working since 1985. I've also been using VirtuaNES/NSF, which're
basically the same thing, one being strictly a music player.

Cool, you in? Get the message out to other people you might think are
interested. We're running low on participants. If we can't get 12 by
next month, I'll have to include myself in the test.
Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
Industrial One[_2_] Industrial One[_2_] is offline

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:39:22 +1000, Mr.T wrote:

Because he doesn't know any better it seems.
Or is interested in proving what the rest of us knew 30 years ago.

MrT.

Suck my cock faggot ****!
Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion
David Morgan \(MAMS\) David Morgan \(MAMS\) is offline

"Industrial One" wrote...

Suck my cock faggot ****!

You are truly an idiot. Please keep your obnoxious sputum sealed within...

___________________________

From: Industrial One
Newsgroups: rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion,re c.audio.pro
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 19:32:11 -0800

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion
Industrial One Industrial One is offline

Wow, the trolls are really out tonight.
Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] dpierce.cartchunk.org@gmail.com is offline

On Aug 18, 3:00 am, Industrial One wrote:
Wow, the trolls are really out tonight.

Quite, well, industrious, aren't they?
ghij118 ghij118 is offline
Junior Member